Computer Issues

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
This doesn't really belong here but here goes - Anyone have any issues with Plex not getting recognized by your Xbox 1? The server is reachable through the android app, multiple browsers / machines inside the network. I've disabled the secure connection settings, enabled remote access, re-installed the app etc, etc but this fucker still will not find the server and I'm about to drop kick it off my balcony.

edit nm. -solved-

Last edited by a moderator:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a couple days ago I started having an audio issue. When playing audio streams, or audio files of any type, there will be glitches throughout the song (kinda like when a cd player would skip). This happens on any audio output (usb, spdif, or hdmi). Rebooting seems to help, but eventually the glitches start up again. I've checked task manager while the glitches occur, but see nothing spiking my cpu.

audio devices:
FiiO usb dac e-10
Spdif Soundblaster Z
HDMI (uses nvidia driver)

Really annoying. Any ideas?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
^ Hmmm... Have you tried other sample rates? Right click the speaker icon on task bar -> click playback devices -> right click your device and click properties -> go to Advanced Tab -> try changing the bit rate to something lower (or testing all of them and see anything happens or sounds goofy during the test).

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I guess but that's shitty

In the nVidia control panel there is a drop down for performance mode or something. It's probably set to optimal or application preference. You want to set it to maximum or high or something similar.

What's happening is your card is dropping to 2d accel clocks from 3d clocks and getting stuck there because the driver is dumb and thinks that's all you need.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm having an issue with power management with my 980ti .

After installing the latest drivers it simply will not work. I have it set to adaptive and when playing overwatch it won't down clock. Before it would vary from 800 to 1300mhz on the core, now it stays at 1300mhz no matter the guy load. Even only 50% loaded it runs 1300mhz.

When sitting in windows it downclocks just fine. Any ideas? Google doesn't return any good info on this.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
My shit Dell computer keeps shutting down after extended use of videos (YouTube, media players ) of max 30 minutes or heavy game usage. ...

What could be the problem...

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My shit Dell computer keeps shutting down after extended use of videos (YouTube, media players ) of max 30 minutes or heavy game usage. ...

What could be the problem...

First guess would be heat. Open it up and blow out all the dust, maybe re do the heat sink. Might want to check temperatures as it's running.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
If it's old as shit, the thermal paste probably dried out, wouldn't hurt, isopropyl alcohol and some arctic silver.
mmm...think four years old. I use it as workstation mostly. All gaming/high processing work is done on laptop.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd make sure the fans are operational. Far more likely to have a dead fan causing the overheating vs dust build up.

Fire up the computer with the side panel removed and have a look around.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I'd make sure the fans are operational. Far more likely to have a dead fan causing the overheating vs dust build up.

Fire up the computer with the side panel removed and have a look around.

yeah, fan is working. I still don't know what the problem is. Sometimes it is okay sometimes it is incredibly shitty. Before it started acting up, something was making a huge noise all the time.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
My desktop is doing similar things (shutting down), but not repeatable and just randomly. I can sometimes play WoW for 4 days or more in 4+ hour sessions and it's fine, then the next day the screens may shut down 30 minutes in. Odd thing is the game is, I think, still running as the music carries on, I just can't wake the pc and have to hard reboot. I'm not sure it's heat (my first thought) as I installed CPUID and my GPU never goes above about 65 and the CPU maxes at about 43 ish. I've checked all the fans and they're all running fine.

I'm wanting to upgrade anyway but due to baby on the way I was hoping to delay for a little while as my gaming will be curtailed in the short (and long? :) ) term anyway. Is there anything else I can try? My Google-fu may be weak but the only things I saw mentioned overheating of the GPU, and I don't have a spare I can try to see if that fixes the issue.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So I have an issue with Discord. Mic does not work whatsoever when set to either push to talk or voice activation. I have a Logitech G930 headset. I have uninstalled all software/drivers for the headset and onboard sound card, and reinstalled (just headset/mic ones). I have also uninstalled discord and deleted all app data and reinstalled it. The best that happens is push to talk works once when I open discord and the key ceases to work after that, or on the first try it works and it gets stuck as "on" (name highlighted in a green circle) but really doesn't work. I also always run discord as admin as that was the first suggestion I found with my google skills.

Any suggestions? Really would like to get it working since I tank for the forum guild. I am running Windows 10 if that matters at all.