Computer Issues

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just an update. I was going to return it to NewEgg and just go out to Fry's and buy another one. Of course NewEgg is a bitch and won't allow a refund since it is still under warranty. Called up ASUS and talked to some retard for about 30 minutes before he told me to return it. NewEgg sucks butthole, so I have to return this one and wait for them to verify they got it, then send a new one out. Amazon is 1000% superior with their return policy. I had to RMA the Motherboard too, but I got that through Amazon. Amazon immediately shipped me out a new one, and has UPS coming to pick up the old one.

So I put the old 760 back in for now so the computer is at least working, but I am quite annoyed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So uh.. Have you tried not letting windows download your driver? You're downloading it from the website right? Can always roll back 1 rev and see if that fixes it

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So uh.. Have you tried not letting windows download your driver? You're downloading it from the website right? Can always roll back 1 rev and see if that fixes it
Yeah tried that. After I uninstalled it I went to both the ASUS site and the NVIDIA site (both gave me the same driver) and still had the same issue

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Install MSI afterburner and manually set the fan speeds? Would also have recommended using some form of driver cleaner (DDU from Guru3d.com) to make sure theres no remnants of older cards drivers around.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Install MSI afterburner and manually set the fan speeds? Would also have recommended using some form of driver cleaner (DDU from Guru3d.com) to make sure theres no remnants of older cards drivers around.
Tried Afterburner as well as the ASUS provided software and they never changed the fan speed.

One of the hardware monitors I was using said the fans were at 0 RPM, so something was screwy. While I was searching for answers today I came across someone who had a similar issue and they said they just re-seated the video card and that fixed it. Apparently if the card isn't seated all the way in it can cause that to happen. I probably reseated it 10 times and it never helped.

Hopefully a new card fixes it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Stupid question I haven't Google yet.

My primary monitor is hooked up via Dvi (144hz) and my second is on some lame vga to hdmi (60hz)

Sometimes when I'm focused on the secondary monitor the primary monitor will flash scan lines intermittently. Like it's losing signal for 50 milliseconds or something.

Any ideas?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just an update. I was going to return it to NewEgg and just go out to Fry's and buy another one. Of course NewEgg is a bitch and won't allow a refund since it is still under warranty. Called up ASUS and talked to some retard for about 30 minutes before he told me to return it. NewEgg sucks butthole, so I have to return this one and wait for them to verify they got it, then send a new one out. Amazon is 1000% superior with their return policy. I had to RMA the Motherboard too, but I got that through Amazon. Amazon immediately shipped me out a new one, and has UPS coming to pick up the old one.

So I put the old 760 back in for now so the computer is at least working, but I am quite annoyed.
Yea most of us have gone to Amazon now

sole

Molten Core Raider
Stupid question I haven't Google yet.

My primary monitor is hooked up via Dvi (144hz) and my second is on some lame vga to hdmi (60hz)

Sometimes when I'm focused on the secondary monitor the primary monitor will flash scan lines intermittently. Like it's losing signal for 50 milliseconds or something.

Any ideas?

Seems like a driver issue, I'd keep an eye out for hot fixes. Could try lowering to 120hz and that should resolve the problem in the mean time.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got the weirdest thing here. I have a Dell Latitude 5570 with an i7 in it, and it is abysmal slow. Like 10 seconds to do anything after a fresh boot and enough time for it to autorun everything. SSD Drive, 8 GB RAM. Win7 enterprise

In the task manager, the processor load is at the bottom, only short jumps that don't go beyond 10% on all cores, no matter what it's doing.

However if I remote access the performance stats through a system management console, it shows all cores at full load at all times whenever it's doing something.

I'll probably end up nuking the whole thing, but has anyone ever seen this before?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Google shows about a billion hits for similar issues. One common theme seems to be Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I got the weirdest thing here. I have a Dell Latitude 5570 with an i7 in it, and it is abysmal slow. Like 10 seconds to do anything after a fresh boot and enough time for it to autorun everything. SSD Drive, 8 GB RAM. Win7 enterprise

In the task manager, the processor load is at the bottom, only short jumps that don't go beyond 10% on all cores, no matter what it's doing.

However if I remote access the performance stats through a system management console, it shows all cores at full load at all times whenever it's doing something.

I'll probably end up nuking the whole thing, but has anyone ever seen this before?

That and the CPU is a dual core low voltage version. But that doesn't explain the slowness. Has to be something in the background slowing it down.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Google shows about a billion hits for similar issues. One common theme seems to be Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.

I looked at many google results, they all somehow don't fit this issue. WMPNSS is disabled on our image.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

is this connected or not connected? (ac adapter means full power)

maybe you got some whack ass speed step going on, common for intel

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
turn off speed step in power config and bios
2PTix.png
intel-speedstep-mode-of-the-processor.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am having some sort of Bluetooth issue with my computer that I can't quite figure out.

I have both Bluetooth speakers and a Bluetooth mouse that I use. They will both only work intermittently, and then the sound coming from the speakers gets really choppy, and the mouse becomes very choppy and unresponsive as well. I have tried another Bluetooth speaker with the same result, and a corded speaker and mouse both work fine. I downloaded the Bluetooth driver from Asus, but when I install it, it tells me to reboot. Once I reboot, it starts the installation process again. I let it do that about 4 times before I gave up. I look at the folder where it was supposed to be installed, and there is nothing there.

Not sure what else to do, and I can only assume it is some sort of driver issue with the Bluetooth. Ideas anyone?

sole

Molten Core Raider
If you're running Windows 7, some KBs to fix the sluggish update process are known to cause bluetooth issues. Have a look here.

Also, maybe try the Intel drivers instead of your mobo drivers. Worth a shot.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was able to get the most up to date Bluetooth driver installed, but still having the same issues.

I am on Windows 10, so I don't think the issue is what you have posted above.

How would I go about looking for Intel drivers instead? I assumed it had to be drivers for my motherboard?