Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does it only happen when both devices are connected? For instance If only the mouse is connected does it still occur?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Does it only happen when both devices are connected? For instance If only the mouse is connected does it still occur?
Yup. Just disconnected the speakers, and the mouse is still all choppy and slow to respond.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
A foot at most.

I should also note that there were times that both the speakers and mouse were working fine, and then suddenly they started getting all choppy. Like when I first uninstalled the driver and updated, it worked for about 5 minutes, then went to shit again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A foot at most.

I should also note that there were times that both the speakers and mouse were working fine, and then suddenly they started getting all choppy. Like when I first uninstalled the driver and updated, it worked for about 5 minutes, then went to shit again.
That's really weird.

It almost sounds like a device is trying to pair with both those devices. I don't think wireless airwaves fuck with bluetooth that I'm aware of either.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's really weird.

It almost sounds like a device is trying to pair with both those devices. I don't think wireless airwaves fuck with bluetooth that I'm aware of either.
I even unplugged our housephone (yes we still have one of those) since it sits next to my PC, and that didn't help either.

I am at a total loss as what to do now. Having to listen to any audio through headphones sucks, and I really prefer my wireless mouse. I may just give up and order new wired speakers, but I feel like there should be a simple solution here.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm running into a weird issues on my work [Mac] laptop...

Any time I'm connected to the corporate VPN, I get huge delays in loading web pages (and other web-based services... slack etc). Chrome at least shows a message during the delay: "Resolving host in proxy script". Problem is there isn't anything in the proxy list (and the VPN doesn't include one). I'm pretty sure it's related to the VPN tunnel dropping all IP6 traffic, but I'm sort of stuck in troubleshooting it.

Any suggestions?

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm running into a weird issues on my work [Mac] laptop...

Any time I'm connected to the corporate VPN, I get huge delays in loading web pages (and other web-based services... slack etc). Chrome at least shows a message during the delay: "Resolving host in proxy script". Problem is there isn't anything in the proxy list (and the VPN doesn't include one). I'm pretty sure it's related to the VPN tunnel dropping all IP6 traffic, but I'm sort of stuck in troubleshooting it.

Any suggestions?

Only thought I have is that browsers have a way to automatically find proxy servers, could turn that off if you haven't? Its under Settings > Advanced > Network

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you use Checkpoint for VPN you could try disabling the security policy, that always works for me, its a right click off the tray icon (not sure of the Mac equivalent )

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you use Checkpoint for VPN you could try disabling the security policy, that always works for me, its a right click off the tray icon (not sure of the Mac equivalent )
Nah, it's Cisco VPN. Eventually I'll either ditch VPN (once we migrate to O365) or I'll just use my phone for email.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My PC started doing this about 3 days ago, usually when i watch videos

9.jpg
8.jpg

Is this my graphics card going bye bye? usually i reset my PC and that seems to fix it for a day or so

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Video card for sure. Start by checking to make sure the fan is still working on it and is free of dust.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been having big problems with the animated .gif thread recently. My browser windows (chrome) will hang, then when they come back, all the animated gifs are just green. I'm running Win 10 and have the latest Nvidia drivers for my 970 gtx.

Any ideas what's happening or a way to fix it?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I even unplugged our housephone (yes we still have one of those) since it sits next to my PC, and that didn't help either.

I am at a total loss as what to do now. Having to listen to any audio through headphones sucks, and I really prefer my wireless mouse. I may just give up and order new wired speakers, but I feel like there should be a simple solution here.

A couple of things that may or may not be applicable:

1. Windows Key + S, type mouse and click Mouse settings. Go to pointers and if "Enable pointer shadow" is checked, turn it off.
2. Windows Key + S, type sound and click Sound. Right click your headphones > properties > Enancements then Disable all Enhancements.
3. Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc, expand Network Adapters, right click your wireless card > properties > Advanced, set Bluetooth Collaboration to Disabled.
4. Right click start button, click task manager, start-up tab, if RealTek Audio manager is there, disable it and reboot.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been having big problems with the animated .gif thread recently. My browser windows (chrome) will hang, then when they come back, all the animated gifs are just green. I'm running Win 10 and have the latest Nvidia drivers for my 970 gtx.

Same issue, browser/video card(and current version for everything). I believe its flash related(current version of ppapi flash), but havent really been bothered to troubleshoot too much. I just close/reopen. Usually happens when I have a youtube video playing in one window and open the animated gifs thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Funkor

Molten Core Raider

Same issue, browser/video card(and current version for everything). I believe its flash related(current version of ppapi flash), but havent really been bothered to troubleshoot too much. I just close/reopen. Usually happens when I have a youtube video playing in one window and open the animated gifs thread.

Had the same issue come up with me a few weeks ago. Fix I found was to go into Chrome settings, then Advanced Settings, and towards the bottom under the "System" header uncheck the box for Use hardware acceleration when available. Give that a try and see if it works any better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
A couple of things that may or may not be applicable:

1. Windows Key + S, type mouse and click Mouse settings. Go to pointers and if "Enable pointer shadow" is checked, turn it off.
2. Windows Key + S, type sound and click Sound. Right click your headphones > properties > Enancements then Disable all Enhancements.
3. Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc, expand Network Adapters, right click your wireless card > properties > Advanced, set Bluetooth Collaboration to Disabled.
4. Right click start button, click task manager, start-up tab, if RealTek Audio manager is there, disable it and reboot.
Thanks, I had actually tried all of those before with no luck. At the moment I have given up and am just using a wired mouse and some shitty ass $15 speakers from Fry's.