Computer Issues

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thank you Funkor, that seems to have fixed it for me.

matsb84: same thing for me. Usually the green screen would occur while watching youtube on a different monitor while surfing. Give Funkor's solution a try.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So my computer is bluescreening but only in Outlook 2016: 365 Degrees of Cloudy Edition.

Should I:

a) Delete my gigantic .ost file and try again.
b) Reinstall office.
c) Reformat my computer.
d) Buy a new computer.
e) Burn my house down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So my computer is bluescreening but only in Outlook 2016: 365 Degrees of Cloudy Edition.

Should I:

a) Delete my gigantic .ost file and try again.
b) Reinstall office.
c) Reformat my computer.
d) Buy a new computer.
e) Burn my house down.
Blue screening when you open it or randomly ?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Randomly.

My computer has bluescreened 3 times in 3.5 years, and twice were in Outlook 2016 in the past 2 months.

I can't figure out how a machine that can run P95 for 2 days straight, run most games at 1440p@120hz, can crash in fucking Outlook.

I turned automatic restarts off so I cam at least catch the error. It wasn't writing crashdumps because my pagefile was on my secondary SSD instead of the system drive.

I can always use the O365 web client, and probably should considering how big my fucking inbox gets.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thank you Funkor, that seems to have fixed it for me.

matsb84: same thing for me. Usually the green screen would occur while watching youtube on a different monitor while surfing. Give Funkor's solution a try.

Ya, I did. So far so good.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why are you using Outlook on your home machine anyway? Do you operate a private email server out of fear that Google is spying on you?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have multiple Exchange-based mailboxes I need to check, and one of them has a LOT of rules.

ahh run

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had two page files and my computer would crash after I updated to windows 10. So I deleted the page file on my non boot drive and it stopped.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Most of the time it's a precursor to card failure
Any way to figure out a replacement card for now?

I don't really need an upgrade at this time, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

Here's what I was able to determine before it crashed for good:
IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

I tried looking up GeForce Gtx 560 but I can't get a concrete result, probably because it's an older card.

Any decent replacement, doesn't have to be an upgrade, I can get for around $50?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably a 750 ? Might be a few bucks mroe than 50.

Do you need a card? If not you can pull the card and plug into the Mobo video output

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
cpu?
I spent reading online and troubleshooting this problem, it is apparent that there is a design flaw that affects at least the i5-5675c, the i7-5775c, and the i7 5700HQ
BSOD from Office 2016 apps
I looked at that. I'm having a very similar issue but I don't have a Broadwell CPU.

I don't care anymore, the web client is better for me for work anyway. It was just bugging me because I built this machine for stability.