Crowfall

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Personal preference would be a out of game section on the website that allowed browsing of vendor stocks and placing bought items into a players bank. Something to engage in during work lunches and spare time, hell why not a phone/tablet app as well.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think it would be cool if EK's housed various tradeskill shops ran by players and a certain tradeskill level would unlock the ability to hire shopkeepers and/or interactive storefronts you can stock with items. I believe it would make EK's more valuable if they competed to become an economic powerhouse for those who may not want to be most decorated in terms of raids and defeating various bosses, completing dungeons, etc.
I think that's clearly the intent.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think that's clearly the intent.
That's the way I have been reading it but there's a lot of skeptics and people attempting to read between non-existent lines. I think it's still too early to believe anything is etched in stone. I hope though as people weigh in on their design ideas and they listen. I think they have something thus far and looking forward to it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's the way I have been reading it but there's a lot of skeptics and people attempting to read between non-existent lines.
Yea, the only real question is if there will be some kind of global search system, or a local for the current EK only.

Oh, and whether you get glowing lines on the ground leading to the vendor you found. Like good old times in the Bazaar.

Valor_sl

shitlord
Yea, the only real question is if there will be some kind of global search system, or a local for the current EK only.

Oh, and whether you get glowing lines on the ground leading to the vendor you found. Like good old times in the Bazaar.
I kinda like that idea tbh.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the extent of which the trading system needs to be streamlined will depend on the complexity of the itemization and crafting system. Since they're making noise about it being similar to SWG I think we can assume a fairly complex system. In which case the more streamlined it is the better IMO.

Personally I'd prefer a much more basic crafting system so you can make the economy around the difficulty of safely moving goods rather than the difficulty of organizing the hundreds of kinds of materials and items out there.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
crafting system being similar to SWG
Yeah SWG crafting system was IMO pretty good because before CU / NGE it forced people to interact between each other, and created guilds / communities / power struggles unless you'd enjoy running around getting sanded by better geared people. Of course it wasn't really fair (lol 6am maintenance ressource rush) but on my server we were a few renowed, respected crafter merchants, we produced good shit for everyone (item decay was a thing) therefore you could build a pure crafter character and wander around PvP zones like you're the fucking Pope because no one would ever want to fuck with you or they'll be subject to weapon / armor embargo.

Totally casual unfriendly, kind of unfair but man we built shit : communites, friendships, convenient truces, opportunistic betrayals and warfare alliances. Before Corellian Corvette speedruns and some other dupe / exploit shit, it was the kind of MMO you'd log on in just to check on people and deal with some political intrigues, diplomatic boogaloo and other upstanding stuff. And combat gameplay wasn't even good. But man, that wilderness feel when you were scouting for nice ressources while getting 3shotted by mobs was just awesome.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I watched some of the podcast. I hate the module release system SC has. If they have enough capital to make a full game, don't release it until then. I don't want the game to be old and the community tired of it by the time it's "released".

I feel the same way about super long betas like PoE had. I think personally I view game releases as being a finite source of content that lasts a set duration of time. For me it's ideal when it releases all at once or quickly over that time period. Having that content being released slowly over a year or two dilutes the playerbase and ruins the release feel.

ps. Be careful with interrupting valor too much draebro!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Is CF.gg an April fools joke? The content is fine but the web design seems retarded. Three scrollable windows is trying way too hard. Like the whole right hand scroll could be eliminated. You already have the stuff on the left.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't call it retarded but I agree the right bar should be eliminated and the trending topics on the right moved to the left side.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's only two scrollable windows. the left hand header is stationary. I have been contemplating making the right hand sidebar scroll with the main body. I'll turn it on and see how it works.

The left hand of the website is what you would normally find at the top of a website. It's a repsonsive design so it'll adjust to your window width automatically.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My only issue is that when you lock the sidebar with the main body and you scroll down (the website populates older material the longer you scroll down) you have a giant block of empty black on the right hand side. When they scroll independently you always have content there for you to see/use. There will be other things on the sidebar as we get them working.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Like embedded twitch streams etc I'm guessing.

On the topic of article content: if you guys have any topics you'd like to see I'd be happy to do some work on them.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn Draegan were you hopped up on caffeine or something. You talked over them a ton. Let the co-hosts speak man.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like embedded twitch streams etc I'm guessing.

On the topic of article content: if you guys have any topics you'd like to see I'd be happy to do some work on them.
Article idea: "With so many sweet games out now, does it make sense to spend time focusing on a game that isn't even in alpha yet?"

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Tuco what do you say to new mods as they attempt to engage peeps in the Amod thread? That might apply here.
biggrin.png