Cruella (2021)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Vox wants to know why Puppy-skinning villains are so likeable! (Disney embedded ad campaign in full push).

As said, this isn't some conspiracy theory--they literally go over their ideological views in the making of Frozen.

Cruella is merely the latest example of Disney’s enthusiasm for catering to fans of the bad guys, a stance it has increasingly leaned into over the last decade as it’s started to craft franchises around villains after defining itself by its princesses. Frozen’s Elsa was originally intended to be the villain of that film, before the narrative shifted to make her the sympathetic antihero instead. Angelina Jolie headlined two live-action films exploring the backstory of Sleeping Beauty’s evil dragon Maleficent in 2014 and 2019.

Frozen was going to be a by the book Disney movie until the female empowerment theme took over and the 'bad guy' was swapped to the man, so they woman could be the anti-hero. And then romance was stripped from it, and the sisterly love saved her (Maleficent, same formula--motherly love saved her instead of the prince; you know, because strong women don't need no man!)
Elsa was not an anti hero.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was there even a hero in that movie? i mean the worst thing is that Elsa got mad and things were cold for a bit, then it got warm again when she stopped being mad. nobody stopped her and there was no real suffering.

Caliane

eh. kindof was.

she abandoned her kingdom, and her responsibilities, in order to be alone and not have to worry about anyone. she accidently killed her sister twice. Has to come to terms with her fear, and learns that togetherness with her sister and her kingdom is her strength. and kills the bad guy trying to usurp the kingdom from her and her sister. (ignoring "is it wrong to try and take control of the kingdom from the incompetent and outright abdicating rulers?")

thats fair enough for antihero.

obviously, The snow queen, and Frozen are utterly foreign to each other. far far beyond any other Disney "fairy tale".
the core IDEA is not even present.

interestingly, the Snow queen is not actually the antagonist, or villain in the The Snow Queen either. she just kindof is. just more Alien/fae, then anything. the Devil, the mirror or Kai himself is really the "villain".

.. is Labyrinth supposed to be based on The Snow queen?

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is no way that movie made numbers to justify a sequel. Even the leftist POSes I know avoided this shitshow. I literally know no one who has seen this thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
There is no way that movie made numbers to justify a sequel. Even the leftist POSes I know avoided this shitshow. I literally know no one who has seen this thing.

I wouldn't be so sure, it made nearly 50 million in its first week, plus whatever it did on Disney+. I got blown out by Quiet Place 2, but still did pretty well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The studio recently learned that skinning dogs is very popular in China and believes there is an existing fanbase waiting to be tapped in to.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This was a lot better than I expected. Also the soundtrack was amazing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was a lot better than I expected. Also the soundtrack was amazing.
it sounds like a remake of the Devil Wears Prada. i really liked that movie, but i mostly liked it because of Anne Hathaway. i didnt care about that fashion shit.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
it sounds like a remake of the Devil Wears Prada. i really liked that movie, but i mostly liked it because of Anne Hathaway. i didnt care about that fashion shit.
The girls liked the fashion shit. I liked the mindless dumb chaos and the music.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Neighbors down the street are hosting an outdoor movie night and are playing this movie. Most of the kids around us are under 8. Seems like this movie is geared more towards older kids and adults

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of her, the trailer for the upcoming Rock and Emily Blunt movie was the best part of this movie. (Movie was still pretty decent)

ohkcrlho

Emily Blunt was the best part of Devil Wears Prada.
Emily Blunt? Obligatory gif
1f02ee02b796696cf0e188a1f9d48bb9.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
None, in fact she likes dogs quite a bit. And the Dalmatians are evil, just like every Dalmatian I've met in real life, which is one, who bit my sister's face immediately. We didn't adopt that one.
Dalmations are a TERRIBLE breed, fraught with aggression problems along with a series of other genetic faults. Interestingly, another nasty breed is the dachshund which ranks pretty high in the biting reports.

Pure breed dogs have so many terrible genetic traits that have been bred into them that a mutt you adopt from a reserve rescue tends to live twice as long, and is more than twice as smart, better behaved, easier to train, etc etc etc. I have no idea why people buy dogs from breeders, I really don't.

Also, since this is the Cruella thread - fuck Disney right in Mickey's asshole. These hacks have ruined so much it should be a crime against humanity. That is all.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Not going to see it. To be honest, I'm getting tired of most movies and tv. Tired of the lgbt aspect that is being brought into almost every production so loud mouth cancel culture lgbt can feel like their existence is validated. Shove it down everyone's throat in an attempt to normalize it.

If it were normal, it wouldn't need to be normalized...

• 1Like