Dark Souls 2

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pretty awesome the different orders in which you can do things. Dragonrider was my first boss and I still haven't stepped foot into Belfry, pushing 40 hours.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Belfry is after Iron Keep, which is after the Gulch, etc.

Just started the Shrine of Winter after collecting all 4 boss souls. Shit's about to get real.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
FINALLY killed the damn spider boss, and then trounced through Huntsman's without blinking, downed the Skeleton Lords, and called it a night in Harvest Valley. Felt SOOOO good to kill the Spider, and I love the fact that my lvl / equipment didn't change...in fact, I was even out of resin to add to my weapon and when I killed her, I still had 5 of 7 flasks. Strategy / Skill / Patience is just so rewarding in this game.

Who's this hardmode covenant I heard mentioned? Trying my best to avoid spoilers for the most part, but is that the guy in the VERY beginning that you can just agree to join? I had no idea if so, I didn't join for fear I wouldn't be able to abandon right away. This game is GOTY for sure - no doubt in my mind. Almost wanting to take it slow, as I'll be pissed when it's finally over :p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Covenant of Champions, you can join by examining the giant stone on a cliff in Majula, past the Heide tunnel.

The guy sitting at the worldwide death statue is Blue Sentinels (or WotB?).

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
OMG I actually joined that, but then went back to the rat covenant. Had no idea it affected difficulty. What exactly does it do? Forge a middle ground between normal and NG+? Thats actually a really cool idea. Thx for the info Lenas

Lenas

Trump's Staff
As far as I could tell it just made enemies hit harder, didn't seem like I was getting any better loot or souls.

So I got the Dragonrider Bow and it seems pretty good. I didn't know boss weapons were gonna require petrified dragon bones to upgrade, but the jumps are pretty high.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
After bosses check back at vendors to see if the stock has changed. Later on, especially post Undead Crypt, titanite is unlimited on vendors, and most spells too. For example, after beating the Crypt I was able to get Sunlight Blade from the jail cell vendor.

Also, don't burn Bonfire Ascetics unless you want an area to completely respawn (items/bosses included, even the ones that are NG+ only) and that area to be a permanent +1 difficulty. Even after NG+, the area the ascetic is used on will be considered NG++.

If you run out of effigies, you can do co-op to restore your humanity. Later in the game there is a shrine you can use to get humanity back for free.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally got a chance to put a couple hours in. The Pursuer can suck my dick. Gonna try him again tomorrow. I prefer to play solo and not summon anyone, so don't think i'll be doing anything crazy except learning to dodge his attacks.

This game is fucking with my work and sleep schedule, I love it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Finally got a chance to put a couple hours in. The Pursuer can suck my dick. Gonna try him again tomorrow. I prefer to play solo and not summon anyone, so don't think i'll be doing anything crazy except learning to dodge his attacks.

This game is fucking with my work and sleep schedule, I love it.
Yea honestly bro, I've been doing bosses with other people. It just...doesn't...feel....right.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't have many issues with her... 100% block shield (Drangleic) means the only attack you need to worry about is the head based ones, which are all avoidable. Try to fight her with yourself on the edge of the circle, facing in, because you don't want her to jump back into the poison and heal.

Oh and burn the windmill. Someone said that lowers the poison pool in her room, I can't confirm because I did it before I fought her.

Side note, I just found a black knight halberd in shaded woods before that boss and it's pretty crazy; 213/0/90, 12 str 26 dex req. Requires using a Yore branch to move a frozen lion knight, who also dropped a Lion Greataxe.

Also, killed the Scorpion guy after talking to him for the yore branch reward. He dropped a +hp/sta/equip load ring.