Dark Souls 3

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing this after seeing how many GOTY it got on the other thread. Never played a Dark souls game before. So far it is fun but god damn is it grinding to understand exact weapon length and what you can avoid what you cannot. My casual shitlord self dislikes that some critical things are not even remotely explained to you at all.

Which is cool in an EQ kind of way but annoying all the same. Improving your skill is really rewarding though. I'm playing Herald because I like Spear and Shield. Is that a bad one to start with or what?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just started playing this after seeing how many GOTY it got on the other thread. Never played a Dark souls game before. So far it is fun but god damn is it grinding to understand exact weapon length and what you can avoid what you cannot. My casual shitlord self dislikes that some critical things are not even remotely explained to you at all.

Which is cool in an EQ kind of way but annoying all the same. Improving your skill is really rewarding though. I'm playing Herald because I like Spear and Shield. Is that a bad one to start with or what?
Don't feel pigeonholed by starting class. Find weapon and defensive styles that work for you and try to stick to those. You can beat the game with your bare fists, naked, and just dodging at level 4 so don't worry too much.

As for being hard and nothing explained, that's part of what makes these games great. There's an immense feeling of accomplishment that comes with beating these games.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I started a cleric in Dark Souls III last night and want your opinions on some PVE builds. I don't care about PvP if I run into it I'll use what ever I have. I'm wanting to know about a pure faith vs a faith hybrid build. So 50+ points in faith vs faith/STR or faith/dex. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Can't go wrong with DEX/FTH for PvE. Get yourself some solid armor (like the Fallen Knight armor from the Crucifixion Woods), a decent shield, and then a Longsword or Astora Straight Sword with a couple miracles like Great Heal and Lightning Spear. You only need to pump FTH to 25 but you can go up to 40 if you want.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Do know that most offensive faith spells are shit but that is ok because you will sword and board it and then heal when you need to anyway.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I really want to lightning bolt some bitches in the face. That's my main motivating factor here. My spear and magic helmet!

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't played it since launch - game is still a masterpiece, but ended up being my least favorite Soulsborne game - but unless they've rebalanced, don't expect a lot of utility from offensive faith spells. Sorcers is (was?) also pretty underwhelming until high level, after which it became the faceroll level of OP it was in Souls 1.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I also started DS2 for when I'm not playing DS3 with my brother. I plan to do a full strength/heavy armor build.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't played it since launch - game is still a masterpiece, but ended up being my least favorite Soulsborne game - but unless they've rebalanced, don't expect a lot of utility from offensive faith spells. Sorcers is (was?) also pretty underwhelming until high level, after which it became the faceroll level of OP it was in Souls 1.
You thought 3 was worse than 2?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally got around to beating the DLC bosses. The Wolf one was pretty disappointing at how easy it was, but the Sister Friede fight was very enjoyable.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You thought 3 was worse than 2?

Same here, mostly because 3 broke a lot of things in the game and had so few viable builds. DS3 was also significantly easier than every other game in the series, aside from BB post Ludwigs. The one awesome exception was the Storm Lord fight, which is probably one of the best ones in the entire series. But that takes nothing away from DS3 or those who prefer it, because its largely down to preference and ranking some of the best games ever to exist. DS3 might be the best game, once all the DLC gets out there (but the first one is sort of meh) the same way DS2 became way more incredible.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Same here, mostly because 3 broke a lot of things in the game and had so few viable builds. DS3 was also significantly easier than every other game in the series, aside from BB post Ludwigs. The one awesome exception was the Storm Lord fight, which is probably one of the best ones in the entire series. But that takes nothing away from DS3 or those who prefer it, because its largely down to preference and ranking some of the best games ever to exist. DS3 might be the best game, once all the DLC gets out there (but the first one is sort of meh) the same way DS2 became way more incredible.

The thing about BB post Ludwig is when you get raped so hard everyone else feels so easy. I still had a bit of trouble with Lawrence as well. But nothing like Ludwig.