Dark Souls 3

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I still haven't bought the first DLC. Everything I've read seems to say it's kind of a ripoff. Maybe I'll get the season pass once the second one comes out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I bought the season pass when the game came out but haven't played the first DLC yet either because everyone said it was short. I am looking forward to going through both when this comes.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Compared to Scholars I felt DS3 was just waaaaaay too short, even with the DLC. Plus the new DLC just doesn't do it for me. I like how the souls games feel seamless, but when they put DLC in it kind of ruins that feeling. Still gonna buy it and love it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just got a PS4, been out of the console game for a while. I got a few games and want one more. Was looking at either this or Bloodborne. If you could only get one, which would you bros recommend? I never played either DS 1 or 2 either.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can grab them both for like 20 bucks these days. I couldn't get into Bloodborne like I did the other souls games though for what that is worth.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
If I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Bloodborne just because it is such a different experience. I would watch a few videos (avoid bossfights for spoiler s) to get an idea of the pacing and style of both. If you want a traditional Souls experience, then DS3 is the way to go.

You can end up sinking a lot of time in both, but Bloodborne is ultimately probably the shorter game excluding the chalice dungeons.

Edit; Just saw that you never played DS1 or 2. Since that is the case, I actually might recommend DS3 first to get a fresh Souls experience. I highly recommend going back and playing DS1, at the very least. Games are hard, you will struggle, find the beauty in getting the shit kicked out of you until you drop a few bosses (and then some).

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Go souls first. You can play them and then Bloodborne is different enough to be fresh still. The speed of the game and no blocking will take a little bit of learning.

If you play BB first then your souls experience will probably be different because you will be inclined to dodge/attack more and ignore shields or spells.

It is weird, you can go Souls -> BB, but you cant really go BB -> Souls without it probably changing how you experience the series.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just got a PS4, been out of the console game for a while. I got a few games and want one more. Was looking at either this or Bloodborne. If you could only get one, which would you bros recommend? I never played either DS 1 or 2 either.
Absolutely get both. Bloodborne is like 20 bucks. It's one of my all time favorite games.

I would probably do Dark Souls first though because its much easier than Bloodborne. Having finished Bloodborne and the DLC Dark Souls feels much easier in general.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I dont like BB on the same level as any of the souls games, its still an amazing game in its own right and has a much different look and feel to it thats worth experiencing. If you don't care for slow methodical combat and prefer furious twitch combat, you will like BB a lot more.

But BB is not harder than the Souls games, outside of making a couple early bosses rage inducing (which DS1 and DeS did more) to face. The truth is that once you unlock the Ludwig's Greatsword the game becomes a total face roll, outside of some chalice dungeon bosses who are one hit killers. Once I had some practice with that weapon, I pretty much one shotted every boss from there on out and using the gun counters became pointless. The only way BB is hard is if you relied too heavily on range gimping things in the Souls games, because the gun is garbage and there basically is none of that in BB.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
There is no way you one shot Ludwig. On the other hand I one shot about half the bosses in Dark Souls 1.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
chaos chaos If you have a decent PC, I would get DS3 on PC anyway. BB you can only get on PS4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went from BB to DS2 to DS3. BB > DS3 > DS2. I should probably play DS1 at some point but eh.

You can start with BB and appreciate DS3. I just like Bloodborne's pacing and story better.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They are different styles of games. BB rewards aggressive play and Dark Souls rewards more slower methodical styles. The mechanics are similar though and I think which ever game you cut your teeth on is probably going to be harder.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I got it. I'm pretty bad at this game, heh. It's very unique though, interesting story and world building.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
There is no way you one shot Ludwig. On the other hand I one shot about half the bosses in Dark Souls 1.

Yeah, I call bullshit on one shotting Ludwig, OoK, hell any of the DLC bosses outside of the Living Failures. Admittedly, the only normal bosses in vanilla BB that gave me tons of wipes were Gascoigne and Martyr. I think the trash is harder than the bosses so far in Dark Souls.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Gascoigne is a fucker. He took me about 10 attempts which I thought was a lot until I got to Ludwig and a couple other bosses. The hunter in Amelia's cathedral was a real fucker too. After the DLC the last couple bosses in the regular game were a joke by comparison.