Dark Souls 3

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, after about 40+ wipes on the Orphan, I finally beat the fucker and proceeded to one shot the Wet Nurse, 2 shot
=Gehrman
and 1 shot Moon Presence.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Pontiff boss is retarded. He can literally do 6 attacks in a row and you have to dodge them all or you take half life damage. If you take damage, you get staggered long enough that he can do it all over again. Or you get lucky and he does shitty attacks that whiffs and you can take a few shots at him.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Parry is your friend~!

Nah he's legit a pain in the ass. Hardest of the non-Lords in the game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got it. I'm pretty bad at this game, heh. It's very unique though, interesting story and world building.
If this is your first Souls/BB game, you will be bad. All I can say is stick with it. There are so few games that are as rewarding to finally overcome a challenging area/boss.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think I was a Katana build, no shield, when I played DS3. I haven't played through it again, but I remember hating Pontiff quite a bit.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Pontiff is definitely a fight that punishes over-aggression.

Parrying trivializes him once you have it down though. I think that is kinda an issue with parrying though. Its total garbage on lots of stuff and then completely trivializes other things. Also not nearly enough indication and consistency on what is parryable and what isn't. Trying to do an almost all-parry playthrough was so retarded on that count.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If this is your first Souls/BB game, you will be bad. All I can say is stick with it. There are so few games that are as rewarding to finally overcome a challenging area/boss.
Yeah it's my first one. I played through a bit then burned through Uncharted 4, since I've wanted to play that for a while. But I am coming back. It was a lot of fun, even if I did get my ass handed to me. A lot more strategy than I thought at a glance, I just waded in with my big ass axe and found out real quick, that's not this game apparently.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I played a little bit of DS3 and the guys that morph into the giant tentacle monstrosities were a bit of a pain.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I didn't like BB enough to play the DLC, so I have no idea about Ludwig the boss. What I was saying is that in vanilla the game became a total face roll after you got the Ludwig sword, which is a claim I stand by. I did like the gothic horror feel of the game, I just did not care for the limited builds and twitch combat, but thats a personal preference thing.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Man, Old Hunters DLC was awesome. The Ludwig sword is definitely pretty powerful once you max it out, though.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I never found Ludwigs all that good, preferred the good old saw blade for max aggression. Everyone raves about it though so i guess its good, just not for me. Dunno if it trivialises all content, id imagine ebrietas being a pain with whatever weapon youre using. Although again thats probably just a 'me' issue, too impatient to wait for her head drop so I die a million times, then one shot orphan of KOS.

On a side note, I played through the entire BB game without parrying a single thing, didn't even know you could do it until I was complaining about gascgoine to a friend, being a pain in the ass and feeling out of place and he (having played all the soulsborne games) said 'oh hes there to make sure you parry'. Mind blown.

I still dont parry that much though, prefer the dodges.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Ludwigs has a really good moveset and does blunt and slashing damage. So that is really good, in addition it has pretty solid scaling all around.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Pizza Cutter is my weapon of choice. I feel its the weapon Ash would wield if he was in Bloodborne.

I also loved the razor that you start with. That thing was great against beasts.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I beat Aldrich, Yhorm and Dancer yesterday. Finally at the final stretch of the game.

Aldrich wasn't that hard, Yhorm is a push over with Onion bro (didn't even know about storm ruler), and Dancer was pretty easy (only boss I killed first try).