Deadpool (2016)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Deadpool's rogue's gallery has always been other heroes' vilkians that were too lame to keep using. So deadpool uses them to continue to emphasize how lame they are. This is excluding characters like bullseye and taskmaster who aren't really deadpool's enemies, just people he finds himself on the opposite end of a contract with

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Remember how much hype Deadpool had since the Comic Con trailer announcing it? Was the movie worth all the hype?
Yeah, because never in the history of cinema has any movie (especially a sequel, of all things) failed to live up to the hype. I guess lots of hype for a sequel automatically means the sequel will be even better? Da fuq kind of retarded logic is that?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The higher you put something up on a pedestal the greater the fall

-Abraham Lincoln just before WW1

Deadpool was awesome. The only people who are going to be disappointed are folks taking it way too seriously. Series is in fantastic hands.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any ideas if I'm boned on finding the target exclusive dead pool edition? Wife said local one sold out and won't get more. Unsure if i should continue looking or find something else dumb to blow crappy target gift cards on.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched it last weekend with the commentary from Ryan Reynolds and two others, and that was entertaining. Put on the one with the director and Rob Leifeld, and had to turn it off after 15 minutes because I couldn't take listening to Rob tell him how awesome everything in the movie was. If anyone slogged through it, did it get any better?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I saw this for the first time last weekend. Absolutely 100% awesome and hilarious.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I'd like the sequel to try to do something with Deadpool's inner voices, you know the backbone of the character.

That would be nice, I'd prefer that to tits tbh as I can look at tits 24/7.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My money would be HBO trying to pick up Deadpool if it were a series. They'd make so much goddamn moneyz.
I'm picturing Daenerys popping out of a birthday cake naked with 3 baby dragons, then proceeding to make out with Vanessa.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Netflix has been doing great with Marvel content. No reason for it to go to HBO.

As much as Starz/Encore plays the currently produced movies I'm not sure how the deal would work out. I'll take good stories in any format though.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why the fuck would Ryan Reynolds want to work more for less money? The only way Deadpool is a TV show on Netflix or HBO is if it is animated and he can just pop in and do a bunch of voice work.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why the fuck would Ryan Reynolds want to work more for less money? The only way Deadpool is a TV show on Netflix or HBO is if it is animated and he can just pop in and do a bunch of voice work.
Well a lot of movie stars are starting to show up in TV shows. I don't know if TV is starting to become more lucrative than movies but it seems like it's at least getting in the ball park.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well a lot of movie stars are starting to show up in TV shows. I don't know if TV is starting to become more lucrative than movies but it seems like it's at least getting in the ball park.
They still do movies though while cashing in on the TV, I do agree it is getting more lucrative. I think a lot of that has to do with shitting out executive producer titles to big movie stars. That is basically your ghost payroll job.

What I can honestly not recall is seeing a blockbuster movie forgoing a sequel to turn it into a TV show. An adult only cartoon could be fucking money on HBO of Deadpool.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There has been a significant upgrade in the quality of TV in the last decade. You get shows like Spartacus, game of thrones, breaking bad, etc and then watch a 2 hour movie and you feel jipped out of seasons worth of story

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There has been a significant upgrade in the quality of TV in the last decade. You get shows like Spartacus, game of thrones, breaking bad, etc and then watch a 2 hour movie and you feel jipped out of seasons worth of story
They finally realized having a show consisting of 23 episodes per season, yet nothing of importance happening outside of the finale isn't the best way to go