Deadpool & Wolverine

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It was enjoyable. I probably won't ever watch it again. The cameos and fan service were worth the price of admission. Like someone else said...the plot and antagonist needed to be better to really be a home run. They dragged out the "worst Wolverine" thing for too long and then when they explained it, it didn't seem nearly as depressing as it should have been for how long it took them to reveal. The "redemption" and Laura stuff was good, but the movie was more about getting from one spot to the next, so I was ready for it to be over right in time for them to make the "don't worry...this won't take too much longer" joke.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was enjoyable. I probably won't ever watch it again. The cameos and fan service were worth the price of admission. Like someone else said...the plot and antagonist needed to be better to really be a home run. They dragged out the "worst Wolverine" thing for too long and then when they explained it, it didn't seem nearly as depressing as it should have been for how long it took them to reveal. The "redemption" and Laura stuff was good, but the movie was more about getting from one spot to the next, so I was ready for it to be over right in time for them to make the "don't worry...this won't take too much longer" joke.
It took a really long time to get to the ending. It should have been a 90 minute or 1h40m movie. They could have shaved 20 minutes off. A lot of those scenes could have been refined. That's really my only issue with the movie. I liked Reynolds in free guy and other films. The bad language isn't an issue. I'm a huge fan of Hugh Jackman. He was awesome in Les Miserables. The TVA stuff should have stayed in Loki, but it's no big deal.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I laughed at the Minions joke towards Gambit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8/10

As stated, the story was just, but the jokes and cameos carried it. I am tired of the TVA.

The surprise cameo for me was easily Blade. I loved his last line making fun of how the new Blade cannot seem to get made.

The Multiverse is getting as old as time travel. The Army of Pools did a great job of showing just how outrageous the whole alternate universe thing could be.

Hugh Jackman was excellent in this movie. Ryan Reynolds was Ryan Reynolds but he is the perfect Deadpool. I felt that X-23 was kind of off in the fight scenes. It was like watching an adult imitate a child. It felt out of place. The fight scenes between Wolverine and Deadpool were awesome.

I feel like a good joke was missed with Ladypool. With how beautiful Blake Lively is, it would have been awesome to have incorporated a scene where she removes the mask only to have had her face burned as badly or worse than Deadpools. Then just have Deadpool look at her and just start describing how aweful she looks in various ways...

Worth the price but unlike DP1, I will not watch this one nearly as much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
fun and worth a watch in theaters for the action scenes, more than i honestly expected and very fun action scenes. zero story here, literally just "and then we and then we and then we" strung together. There were a lot of comedy moments but it didn't have the snappy back and forth comedy bits of DP1 & 2, writing was a bit weaker.

Glad I watched Logan last week, that and Loki and X-Men movies seem more integral to the plot than DP1 & 2 which was odd.

Honestly I'm kinda fine with deadpool going away for a while now in movies, the weakest parts of the movie were the TVA stuff and end of the day I think Deadpool is way more fun on his own adventures than trying to make him the glue for multiple character stories. This whole movie was a love letter to the 20th century fox version of Marvel.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I agree with the comments about the story being a bit thin. It's suuuuuuuper thin. But it was a lot of fun, and the cameos were insane, even after reading the comments here. How those didn't leak I'll never know. Worth seeing for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I agree with the comments about the story being a bit thin. It's suuuuuuuper thin. But it was a lot of fun, and the cameos were insane, even after reading the comments here. How those didn't leak I'll never know. Worth seeing for sure.
Snipes didn't even tell his own family he was in the movie.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
got tickets for 12:40PM tomorrow at the Orleans in Vegas. Avoiding this thread until it's over. Watched Logan and DP 1 & 2 to get it ready and fresh in my head. I am ready!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm gonna add my Logan 4k Steelbook to my MCU steelbook collection for future reference. Deadpool 1 & 2 are already there, but Logan has a great steelbook. So does Days of Future Past, but I don't plan on adding that one.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Loved that they had ray park(toad) pyro actor, lady death strike actress etc... My wife had no idea who gambit was irl. I thenk she has seen MAYBE 3 movies he has beenin... The gi Joe ones being 2 of them ages ago

• 1Worf

OneofOne

I'm gonna add my Logan 4k Steelbook to my MCU steelbook collection for future reference. Deadpool 1 & 2 are already there, but Logan has a great steelbook. So does Days of Future Past, but I don't plan on adding that one.
Do you have a touch of the 'tism?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Went to see this yesterday 9:00 AM
Damn, for a 9:00 showing in IMAX for JUST me was 22 bucks. I asked the guy at the box office
"Why so much? Didnt think even an IMAX showing was that much"
"Well, this was a very anticipated movie so they raised the ticket price"

Before the movie there were 30 FUCKING minutes of commercials, and I dont mean coming soon movie previews. I'm talking full on god damn fucking commercials. The 9am movie didnt start until 9;45 with the 30 mins of commercials then the 2 coming soon previews. So this pretty much sealed the deal I will NEVER go to a theater again, fuck them cocksuckers I really hope every single one folds under now.

As far as the movie, loved it. Was at least an 8 out of 10. Casandra Nova was hot for a bald girl and now I really really really want a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum

nova.jpg

gambit.jpg

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
got tickets for 12:40PM tomorrow at the Orleans in Vegas. Avoiding this thread until it's over. Watched Logan and DP 1 & 2 to get it ready and fresh in my head. I am ready!
Honestly, there really is no way you can spoil this movie aside from who's who in cameo appearances. Deadpool and wolverine get together and fuck shit up and a bunch of crazy things happen along the way. That's in the trailer. Although the final trailer needs to go fuck itself with spoiling one of the cameos.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Do you have a touch of the 'tism?
I don't think so, but it could be there somewhere. I'm extremely OCD about things though. And in my mind, with Deadpool 3 being an official part of the MCU, than Deadpool 1 & 2 are honorary members. And because Logan's story really influenced Deadpool 3, that also got an honorary membership. I guess you could say the same about the original fantastic 4, all of the previous spider-man movies as well as blade, but I'm giving a pass on those ones.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I mean, using the multiverse/4th-wall stuff as an excuse to drop references makes it "offiical MCU", than all of those clearly are in. As are probably Mad Max Furiosa, the Proposal, Green Lantern, the Greatest Showman and a bunch of other stuff.

Fadaar

That guy
I mean, using the multiverse/4th-wall stuff as an excuse to drop references makes it "offiical MCU", than all of those clearly are in. As are probably Mad Max Furiosa, the Proposal, Green Lantern, the Greatest Showman and a bunch of other stuff.

sir you forgot Van Wilder

Homsar

Well since its already spoiled, Tatum doing Gambits ridiculous accents was fucking hilarious, the nerds in the audience screamed when he showed up. No clue how that didn't get leaked, also Snipes was still great as blade, mother fucker can ice skate uphill

• 4Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Went to see this yesterday 9:00 AM
Damn, for a 9:00 showing in IMAX for JUST me was 22 bucks. I asked the guy at the box office
"Why so much? Didnt think even an IMAX showing was that much"
"Well, this was a very anticipated movie so they raised the ticket price"

Before the movie there were 30 FUCKING minutes of commercials, and I dont mean coming soon movie previews. I'm talking full on god damn fucking commercials. The 9am movie didnt start until 9;45 with the 30 mins of commercials then the 2 coming soon previews. So this pretty much sealed the deal I will NEVER go to a theater again, fuck them cocksuckers I really hope every single one folds under now.

As far as the movie, loved it. Was at least an 8 out of 10. Casandra Nova was hot for a bald girl and now I really really really want a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum

View attachment 538721

View attachment 538722

This also happened in our theater... 30 minutes of commercials not packaged with the film.. THEN the "start" and the actual trailer included with the film.. THEN the film. It's definitely realigned our old working system of "We want to get there a few minutes early so we don't miss anything" especially since everything is assigned seats now. (the other reason one used to have for getting there early.)

I'm also gonna admit. Seeing her bald in this, and with her hair at the junkets and press events... I kinda think she's hotter bald.

Unrelated but gave me a "reasonable chuckle"
1722179413067.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users