Deadpool & Wolverine

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
This just might be the perfect movie. 12/10. Wife videoed me I was laughing so damn hard. That bus scene had me literally in tears.

I'm sure I missed a lot laughing so I 'borrowed' a copy to watch again tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, there really is no way you can spoil this movie aside from who's who in cameo appearances. Deadpool and wolverine get together and fuck shit up and a bunch of crazy things happen along the way. That's in the trailer. Although the final trailer needs to go fuck itself with spoiling one of the cameos.
Well If I had read this same thread Blade would have been spoiled and that really surprised me.

Speaking of surprised, We went to a R-rated movie, and some assfuck brought a GODDAMN baby in. The instant it cried I shouted at the top of my lungs 'get that kid out of here!'. I mean WTF? Wife thought we would get kicked out but motherfucker $40 to watch a movie I am not listening to a baby. It worked too btw, it's shitstain 'parent' got it out.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well If I had read this same thread Blade would have been spoiled and that really surprised me.

Speaking of surprised, We went to a R-rated movie, and some assfuck brought a GODDAMN baby in. The instant it cried I shouted at the top of my lungs 'get that kid out of here!'. I mean WTF? Wife thought we would get kicked out but motherfucker $40 to watch a movie I am not listening to a baby. It worked too btw, it's shitstain 'parent' got it out.
There's always a crying baby at the movies. No matter what it was. Both ”Crank” movies had kids and babies in there. The worst though was Return of The King. Lady behind me brought her sick baby to see it and it coughed and cried for three fucking hours. The next day I got sick as fuck and probably missed a week of work. I was so pissed. One time my dad had enough and said out loud, why did they bring that damn baby? And I guess the guido father of the baby yells back at my dad, "why don't you mind your own fucking business? Don't make me come down there" and then i got up and shouted at him in the middle of the packed theater watching "Drive" , why don't you fucking bring it!" He sat down and shut up. Lucky me cuz that guy looked like he could beat my ass. I guess he saw I was crazy. Just New Jersey things.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
There's always a crying baby at the movies. No matter what it was. Both Cranked movies had kids and babies in there. The worst though was Return of The King. Lady behind me brought her sick baby to see it and it coughed and cried for three fucking hours. The next day I got sick as fuck and probably missed a week of work. I was so pissed. One time my dad had enough and said out loud, why did they bring that damn baby? And I guess the guido father of the baby yells back at my dad, "why don't you mind your own fucking business? Don't make me come down there" and then i got up and shouted at him in the middle of the packed theater watching "Drive" , why don't you fucking bring it!" He sat down and shut up. Lucky me cuz that guy looked like he could beat my ass. I guess he saw I was crazy. Just New Jersey things.
Well , mine worked and they got the kid out. We went earlyish on purpose to avoid a crowd.

I go watch a kid movie, fair game. I go watch a movie during the evening (date time), fair game. Not this.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
If you have a bunch of theaters near you, always pick the more expensive theater and showing. Luxury recliners, etc. fuckers who bring babies to rated r movies will buy the cheapest seat they can get.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
If you have a bunch of theaters near you, always pick the more expensive theater and showing. Luxury recliners, etc. fuckers who bring babies to rated r movies will buy the cheapest seat they can get.
This was the expensive theater. Cinemark's version of IMAX (XD) , recliners the works. It's off the strip enough to be 'out of the way'. I don't know what / if they were thinking.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Earth-616 is "the sacred timeline" and DP/X-Men take place in Earth-10005, right? Felt like Cable's time travel device from DP2 only lets you travel in a single universe, not hop the multiverse (thats TVA) but i guess not

Doesn't make much sense to think of DP being in any formal time line in a serious sense of continuity. Even ignoring Cable's time travel, DP is clearly in a "X-Men are doing fine" time-line/period with Colossus and Megasonic-boom-girl and such being around, visiting the X-Men house, opening the door to Beast & co, plenty of X-Men villains (DP 2 Juggernought, etc.) being around.

That is not and never was the "near future" of all-mutants-are-dead Logan, even ignoring the other dystopian future from Cable.

Trying to make that shit make sense isn't worth it. DP movies are just their own random thing on the side making fun of other stuff without claiming to be "canon" or "continuity" is probably the best way to think of it, no?

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Saw this with a group of 6 on Saturday, we enjoyed ourselves. We were all forgiving of its faults in lieu of what it got right, and thankfully no cameos were spoiled. Seemed that way for the rest of the crowd too, those shared "oh shit" moments of the reveals wouldn't have been the same watching at home.

I do agree the plot and villain are paper thin. It's all just an excuse to string one fun bit to the next of what they wanted to include. I think that works in the movie's favour though, and would rather take this version with it's deficits than something more substantial that potentially bogs the rest of the movie down.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

That is not and never was the "near future" of all-mutants-are-dead Logan, even ignoring the other dystopian future from Cable.

Trying to make that shit make sense isn't worth it. DP movies are just their own random thing on the side making fun of other stuff without claiming to be "canon" or "continuity" is probably the best way to think of it, no?

And yet the plot of DP3 starts with the death of wolverine in Logan, lol

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
And yet the plot of DP3 starts with the death of wolverine in Logan, lol

Which is why I said it makes zero sense if you'd actually tried to force this into anything resembling a coherent chronology / sequence even in the context of "Fox-movies" being a coherent timeline in the MCU multiverse.

If the Logan-Wolverine hypothetically had been the Wolverine belonging to the X-Men-Mansion/School-of-the-gifted that Deadpool-movies Colossus, for example, belonged to, and Deadpool visited in DP 1 & 2, he simply wouldn't be dead yet. On the other hand, there probably wouldn't be a Xavier School and all that, because Logan was set in a dystopian future 2029 where there hadn't been any mutants born for over 25 years and they've all been killed / hunted to extinction a long time ago (pre X-23 reveal). Again, that doesn't sound like the world and mutants we see in DP 1 und 2.

Never mind the inconsistencies of previous X-man movies.

Never mind "anchor-beings" is a pointless concept. If timelines fade out without an anchor-being, having maybe 200 years more or less of Wolverine doesn't make any fucking difference.

Don't try to make it fit. No Deadpool movie is trying to. They are just pulling fun references for the sake of it. DP movies aren't part of any "universe" in a consistent narrative sense.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Which is why I said it makes zero sense if you'd actually tried to force this into anything resembling a coherent chronology / sequence even in the context of "Fox-movies" being a coherent timeline in the MCU multiverse.

If the Logan-Wolverine hypothetically had been the Wolverine belonging to the X-Men-Mansion/School-of-the-gifted that Deadpool-movies Colossus, for example, belonged to, and Deadpool visited in DP 1 & 2, he simply wouldn't be dead yet. On the other hand, there probably wouldn't be a Xavier School and all that, because Logan was set in a dystopian future 2029 where there hadn't been any mutants born for over 25 years and they've all been killed / hunted to extinction a long time ago (pre X-23 reveal). Again, that doesn't sound like the world and mutants we see in DP 1 und 2.

Never mind the inconsistencies of previous X-man movies.

Never mind "anchor-beings" is a pointless concept. If timelines fade out without an anchor-being, having maybe 200 years more or less of Wolverine doesn't make any fucking difference.

Don't try to make it fit. No Deadpool movie is trying to. They are just pulling fun references for the sake of it. DP movies aren't part of any "universe" in a consistent narrative sense.

That's what I've said all along in this thread. The fox-verse is a single universe with multiple branched timelines due to events of specific films and despite various film makers not adhering to strict continuity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
There's always a crying baby at the movies. No matter what it was. Both ”Crank” movies had kids and babies in there. The worst though was Return of The King. Lady behind me brought her sick baby to see it and it coughed and cried for three fucking hours. The next day I got sick as fuck and probably missed a week of work. I was so pissed. One time my dad had enough and said out loud, why did they bring that damn baby? And I guess the guido father of the baby yells back at my dad, "why don't you mind your own fucking business? Don't make me come down there" and then i got up and shouted at him in the middle of the packed theater watching "Drive" , why don't you fucking bring it!" He sat down and shut up. Lucky me cuz that guy looked like he could beat my ass. I guess he saw I was crazy. Just New Jersey things.

Jersey Shore Reaction GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
That's what I've said all along in this thread. The fox-verse is a single universe with multiple branched timelines due to events of specific films and despite various film makers not adhering to strict continuity
lol no that's what you said after I convinced you you were wrong.

Anchor beings is a meta joke about box office receipts. Wolverine was the anchor being seeing as he was the popular x-man and they had to keep bringing him around and putting him in movies that he didn't really need to be in just for the box office draw, i mean he did what, 10 fucking films? Once they killed him off in Logan the rest of the fox films shat the bed hard (dark phoenix, New mutants) and then they got sold to Disney, killing the "fox universe"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Anchor beings is a meta joke about box office receipts. Wolverine was the anchor being seeing as he was the popular x-man and they had to keep bringing him around and putting him in movies that he didn't really need to be in just for the box office draw, i mean he did what, 10 fucking films? Once they killed him off in Logan the rest of the fox films shat the bed hard (dark phoenix, New mutants) and then they got sold to Disney, killing the "fox universe"
Those later Fox films would have bombed regardless. Jackman was great, but the chemistry between Gandalf and Picard was what made those movies special

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

That's another nonsensical take (also the first part isn't true).

Days of Future Past also brought back old Xavier, old Magneto, Rogue and Iceman. It was an obvious move to crossover the First Class cast with the older versions. It's also a false cause fallacy because you attribute the later movies failing because of no Wolverine even though First Class did fine without him except for a cameo, and young Xavier/Magneto are easily able to carry such films but they were let down by shit scripts

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen this yet probably going some night this week but it cannot really be a weaker movie than the second one, right?
I may not have worded it properly, but I like this movie much more than DP2. However, as weak as the story was in 2, I still think this is an even weaker story. At least in 2 you had some decent setup for why he was doing everything (Vanessa dying, Cable's family, the kid, X-Men, all sort of inter-related), in this we get "lol TVA fuckery" and that's it. After you see it, you'll realize just how fucking terrible that TVA "justification" shit is too. I'm not doing justice to how fucking dumb it was because I don't want to spoil anything (although it wouldn't matter). We all thought it was from him jumping around, but nope, that might have made sense.

This was perhaps one of the most trash storylines ever, but I still really enjoyed the movie. More than DP2. If that clarifies things.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I may not have worded it properly, but I like this movie much more than DP2. However, as weak as the story was in 2, I still think this is an even weaker story. At least in 2 you had some decent setup for why he was doing everything (Vanessa dying, Cable's family, the kid, X-Men, all sort of inter-related), in this we get "lol TVA fuckery" and that's it. After you see it, you'll realize just how fucking terrible that TVA "justification" shit is too. I'm not doing justice to how fucking dumb it was because I don't want to spoil anything (although it wouldn't matter). We all thought it was from him jumping around, but nope, that might have made sense.

This was perhaps one of the most trash storylines ever, but I still really enjoyed the movie. More than DP2. If that clarifies things.
Yeah. Dude randomly tries to destroy a universe just to test his ripper or whatever. Bald girl does something and wolvy and dp save the day by reenacting the finale scene from Guardians of the Galaxy vol1. If you just go by story, it's a really poor movie. But it doesn't matter because you're supposed to just enjoy the spectacle and humor. Which it delivers on.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. Dude randomly tries to destroy a universe just to test his ripper or whatever. Bald girl does something and wolvy and dp save the day by reenacting the finale scene from Guardians of the Galaxy vol1. If you just go by story, it's a really poor movie. But it doesn't matter because you're supposed to just enjoy the spectacle and humor. Which it delivers on.
The TVA dude's motivation was even weaker than that...

He even states openly that the unravelling of the timeline will take thousands of years, and he just doesn't want to wait that long. The time ripper wasn't an experimental device, just one that was going to take him time to assemble/prepare. Of course that was part of the joke as DP immediately calls it out as the super MacGuffin...

• 2Like