Deadpool & Wolverine

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought I heard just it's 2 days broke 200m domestic which is crazy if true, they will normally count Thr,Fr,sat,sun for the weekend. Friday 95m sat 100m+

Juvarisx

Florida

I do find it funny people thought rating would be an issue. Maybe it was but there were enough 7 year olds at my screening that I thought a good Holiday sex-a-thon scene from the first movie woulda served those parents right.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's gonna be enough to bankroll several more woke disasters.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I do find it funny people thought rating would be an issue. Maybe it was but there were enough 7 year olds at my screening that I thought a good Holiday sex-a-thon scene from the first movie woulda served those parents right.
So your saying this is pretty safe for a 12 year old?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So your saying this is pretty safe for a 12 year old?
Depends. My kids aren't ready yet, but it's heavily R-rated language. Mostly just using regular curses pretty constantly. Things like shit & fuck. I don't believe they said cunt at all, though. I don't think they even said bitch, for that matter.
There's also a lot of fake blood, but that's the point. Like... Someone throws something at you and blood explodes outwards from where you were hit. It's not realistic, but amusing. If your kids are fine with that, it'll be an easy movie for them. Oh yeah, there's also a scene where someone's skin is magic'd off, and their skinless body tumbles to pieces of meat on the ground. It's kinda gore but kinda not at the same time.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was a quick throwaway line that was even in the 1st redband trailer. Aside from that, there's no reference.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1722216655640.png

For all the people saying continuity differences in the FoX-men movies mean they take place in different universes. Does this mean that HOTD takes place in a different Westeros to GOT?

• 3Picard
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob

GTlsqIwXYAABmnd.jpg

Earth-616 is "the sacred timeline" and DP/X-Men take place in Earth-10005, right? Felt like Cable's time travel device from DP2 only lets you travel in a single universe, not hop the multiverse (thats TVA) but i guess not

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Earth-616 is "the sacred timeline" and DP/X-Men take place in Earth-10005, right? Felt like Cable's time travel device from DP2 only lets you travel in a single universe, not hop the multiverse (thats TVA) but i guess not

I think the overall excuse was that he kept spawning splintered alternatives with all the changes he was making in his timeline with the Cable watch... (Which still doesn't explain him being able to kill himself while he was reading the Green Lantern script...)

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the overall excuse was that he kept spawning splintered alternatives with all the changes he was making in his timeline with the Cable watch... (Which still doesn't explain him being able to kill himself while he was reading the Green Lantern script...)
Because either that's a different Multi or timeline where Reynolds is reading the script or Dp isn't Reynolds at all and he just thinks he is. Ya know because he's actually Wade Wilson.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw it last night as part of our work group, and I enjoyed it. Since I have a hard time passing up free dinner, drinks, and a movie I'm sure I will keep going to them, but I think I'm about done going on my own dime ever again. It was fucking hot in the IMAX, and I could smell the sweaty nerds all around me. And I'd be bankrupt if I intended to buy any concessions (although I was a little disappointed that the obviously fake popcorn bucket wasn't suddenly real).

Anyway, I am still glad I saw this opening night because of all the surprise cameos. Some of them were just fantastic.

The story itself is pretty thin, easily the worst of the 3 movies, but overall I still really enjoyed the movie because at the end of the day all we wanted was a buddy cop movie with Deadpool and Wolverine, with a bunch of fan service thrown in, which is what we got in spades. If you went into a Deadpool movie expecting much else than what you got, then I don't think that's the movie's fault. Yes, as I said, the story itself was pretty trash and could have been much better, but everything else was pretty fucking good.

That fucking dog though, Jesus, where did they find the absolutely most fucked up, ugly, yet clearly adorable dog ever? Holy fuck that thing is ugly! I don't think I could have created a more fucked up looking dog if I tried. And she was awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and nowhere near enough Yukio :( And a whole lot of the other regular characters too, but still, my sweet Yukio!
Haven't seen this yet probably going some night this week but it cannot really be a weaker movie than the second one, right?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I personally didn't think it was less than the 2nd. I liked it a lot, but maybe not as impactful as the first. So... 1, 3, 2. I guess.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Because either that's a different Multi or timeline where Reynolds is reading the script or Dp isn't Reynolds at all and he just thinks he is. Ya know because he's actually Wade Wilson.
If I were the writer I see how to hand wave it all away... The cable watch works off a mental link with the user because of the complexity of time travel. As Wade's mind is fully cognizant of multiple universes as he knows he's a fictitious character poof... MacGuffin Upgrade!

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I personally didn't think it was less than the 2nd. I liked it a lot, but maybe not as impactful as the first. So... 1, 3, 2. I guess.
That's my take as well. The second one felt more like a sequel done because they needed to do a sequel and didn't pack as much for me. 3 had me honestly laughing, giggling, and enjoying it all the way through, but the first movie was probably the most "pure Deadpool".

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
After watching this, I had more of a good feeling than #2. It kinda reminded me of Infinity Wars with all the various character cameos. While it wasn't a deep story, it was still very enjoyable. I'm not even sure what the badguy's ultimate goal was, but it really didn't matter.