Deadpool & Wolverine

spronk

FPS noob
the whole anchor character thing is stupid as hell, like a universe that has existed for billions of years is waiting around for one random asshole from Earth in a specific year is insanely stupid

all the aliens in that universe

democratic national convention dnc GIF by Election 2016

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am getting 90s comic book store flashbacks from this thread. I swear these are the kind of "debates" you would hear from all the nerds standing around in those stores.

Maybe they still do, but haven't been in one since then.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
What an enjoyable movie. No overt woke bullshit. Tons of foul language, blood, and violence. I couldn't ask for more. I'll gladly pay to see any movie that Ryan Reynolds has control of.
My fav homage in the movie...Liefeld Just Feet. That one caught me good. Lol

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am getting 90s comic book store flashbacks from this thread. I swear these are the kind of "debates" you would hear from all the nerds standing around in those stores.

Maybe they still do, but haven't been in one since then.
got news for you, this is a super nerd movie. its literally made for those nerds you used to see in comic book stores. so when you got a super nerd movie, you have super nerd discussions.

and not for nothing, the nerd discussions here are pretty tame in comparison to some of the nerd stuff ive seen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
tbf, the Ryan Reynolds (guess he wrote the lines for Evans too?) style silly-swearing doesnt even really register as swearing anymore. Hugh dropping the odd old-fashioned fuck you kinda stood out a lot more ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the whole anchor character thing is stupid as hell, like a universe that has existed for billions of years is waiting around for one random asshole from Earth in a specific year is insanely stupid

all the aliens in that universe

democratic national convention dnc GIF by Election 2016
Is just a meta commentary about the entire x-men cinematic universe effectively dying with Logan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There's something deeply Deadpool about what should be the intro of mutants and bringing in decades of storylines into the MCU... turned into Ryan Reynolds spending $200 million of Disney's money on a memorial for Fox's comic book movies.

Beyond that, it was fine. Honestly, aside from the cameos, there's not much here besides eventually boring fights between effectively immortal characters on three sets (Ant-Man, Liefeld road, and TVA) - one of which was taken from a TV show.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
That wasn't even Ryan Reynolds. It was some other dancer guy in the costume.

Sure ... ? Just like 80% of all other Deadpool appearnances are stuntman, body-doubles, CGI-versions, etc.. Hell, somebody even said it wasn't actually Chris Evans going up in flames and flying around.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got my tickets. 80 got damn dollars for 2 tickets and drinks and popcorn. Thanks Biden.

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
You buy concessions at the theater? That's what the wife's backpack is for.
What kinda billionaire are you? We tried to get a bottle of water at the cinema to split one time and our credit history wasn't good enough for the mortgage.

I'll see myself out.

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
You buy concessions at the theater? That's what the wife's backpack is for.
What kinda billionaire are you? We tried to get a bottle of water at the cinema to split one time and our credit history wasn't good enough for the mortgage.

I'll see myself out.

No I ordered them online to be delivered to my XD d-box luxury lounger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That wasn't even Ryan Reynolds. It was some other dancer guy in the costume.
He was even credited in the credits. Go hit IMDB and look up "Dancepool". I was kinda surprised as well, since with who his wife is and her unabashed 90's girl vibe I can only imagine that she insists he be able to do that dance to get her in the mood...

But seriously.. there were a lot of *-pools in the movie. His wife, youngest child, and oldest child were all in Deadpool costumes. (Lady, Kid, and Baby respectively). If all of them dressed as Deadpool isn't their family X-mas card photo this year I'd consider it one of the universes biggest missed opportunities.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users