Deadwood

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No way this is going to happen, especially now that Powers Boothe is dead. These rumors are just wacky.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
If HBO doesn't get this done they suck cock by choice. I'd be more than willing to accept some ancillary cast changes and/or omissions as long as Ian and Tim return.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Even though it was much newer, the Entourage movie wasn't too bad. It was very typical of the show. Good if you like it, terrible if you hate it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd have loved this 10 years ago, but I don't think I care at this point. If they move the time period ahead 10 years it won't make sense for all the characters to be together, and if they set it near the end of the TV series everyone will be piled high with make up or CGI de-aging. Meh, I'll watch it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I will definitely watch if it happens but the idea of this is just bananas 12 years after the show ended.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I try not to post every single "it's going to happen article", but there's been numerous people associated with saying it's pretty much a done deal and the shooting will start "soon": Not so dead, deadwood.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God I would love that to be true - one of the few massive HBO missteps was taking this off air prematurely.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if it's going to pick up where it left off or be a "10 years later" type deal. It seems like the latter would be easier to pull off since obviously everyone is 10 years older and Cy is dead. On the other hand, I'm not sure what's going to be "resolved" in a down the line episode. The main tension at the end of S3 was Hearst and he had just left town. It seems like if the idea was resolution, it would have to be in the immediate aftermath of Hearst's departure but something further in the future would have to be just another story in that world and not a continuation of the plot from the series.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
God I would love that to be true - one of the few massive HBO missteps was taking this off air prematurely.

This and Rome. I know there is no hope for Rome since the sets burned down, but god damn did they have a show there. Now they are scrambling to replace game of thrones, and they already had a BETTER game of thrones they cancelled. So frustrating. But I'd kill to see Rome done out with the same actors/writers as they had originally planned. (S2 was supposed to end with the death of Brutus. S3 was Antony's death. Then it was going to be the tension between Agrippa and Octavian, as well as the rise of Christ in Jerusalem and the rebellion there.)

Honestly to this day Rome and Deadwood are my two favorite shows ever. Rome is one of the few shows I will watch every year without fail, and I always seem to find something else in it. Deadwood I'll watch most years, and sometimes the Sopranos. It's amazing those shows have held up so well in the golden age of TV, but talk about lightning in a bottle with Rome and Deadwood.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Deadwood’s sets burned down too. I thought that was why they cancelled it “prematurely”?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This and Rome. I know there is no hope for Rome since the sets burned down, but god damn did they have a show there. Now they are scrambling to replace game of thrones, and they already had a BETTER game of thrones they cancelled. So frustrating. But I'd kill to see Rome done out with the same actors/writers as they had originally planned. (S2 was supposed to end with the death of Brutus. S3 was Antony's death. Then it was going to be the tension between Agrippa and Octavian, as well as the rise of Christ in Jerusalem and the rebellion there.)

Honestly to this day Rome and Deadwood are my two favorite shows ever. Rome is one of the few shows I will watch every year without fail, and I always seem to find something else in it. Deadwood I'll watch most years, and sometimes the Sopranos. It's amazing those shows have held up so well in the golden age of TV, but talk about lightning in a bottle with Rome and Deadwood.
Rome was amazing as well, and there is a TON of material they could pick up on if they ever returned to that world. God damn they really had 3 or 4 goat shows back to back to back....

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Deadwood’s sets burned down too. I thought that was why they cancelled it “prematurely”?

It was cancelled partly because David Milch made a deal to make that abortion "John From Cincinnati".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That show was ball cancer. edit: I mean't John from Cincinnati, Brutal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Its been officially green lit by HBO. Shooting starts in october. I imagine getting that entire cast signed for this was a task.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
saw this about an hour ago...haven't been this excited for a movie since Backdoor sluts 9

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users