Deadwood

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Weren't they talking about the possibility of a movie not long after they just let the show peter out before it's time?
Yeah, two movies actually. HBO offered the show runner a 6 episode short season to wrap up the story and send the show off with a more satisfying conclusion. He refused, because he was preoccupied with that turd John from Cincinnati. Then he countered, after JC sank because it sucked, with the talk of two films, which they waffled over for years but could never get the actors back for it. (The reason the two films thing was annoying was because he said he didn't want to do the 6 hour short season because it wouldn't offer him the time needed; but then he said two 2 hour films would be fine..)

Sucks he didn't take the short season to wrap up the story lines. The two films were kind of the next best thing to that. But the sets have been taken down, from what I heard, so I'd be skeptical.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"COCKSUCKER!" "I am so glad I taught you that word"

Honestly it ended well. More than you can say for a lot of shows. I am skeptical.

Sterling

El Presidente
John from Cincinnati was indeed pretty bad. Even worse since it could have been a more fulfilling conclusion to this show instead. HBO rarely has true duds but this was certainly one.

Sterling

El Presidente
The way the show ended was fine. I still wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more. I'm skeptical this will both come together and do the show justice. I know 90 percent of this board is on The Wire's nuts but I always thought Deadwood was the best HBO show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
John From Cincinnati was just too fucking weird and absolutely nothing happened in S1. I tried hard to like it but you can't end the first season without giving the viewers some sort of idea what the hell the show is about.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I really disliked the blue balls ending watching the series as it aired. After the fact, I think it's pretty much perfect.

That doesn't mean I don't want a movie. I rewatch Deadwood more than any other show. There are others I consider better, but for just the general enjoyment I get out of watching this is near the top.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
See I didn't care for the ending, it was very anticlimactic I thought. They built it up, and up, and up and up....and then he just leaves town on the promise of returning...and that's it? Bah, I want to see a final show down of some sort.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, but, and we've already analyzed this a dozen times, if you know the story you know what is going to happen. Even if you just know it in broad strokes, you know this is not a story where the bad guy loses and the good guys triumph and share a montage. The ending we got was as "happy" an ending as you can get out of this show. The real ending won't be satisfying, it will be sad and all to real. The whole thing is a show about how the powerful exploit the powerless, and Hearst threw that on its head by becoming powerfuller and exploiting everyone and everything. Hearst Triumphant doesn't make for good tv.

Plus everyone is like 10-12 years older now. That's a hell of a lot of makeup.

spronk

FPS noob
I'd rather someone good do two or three new shows based on the following historical times

- Mexican-American War of 1846-1848. Two decades before the civil war, preceded the Gold Rush, finalized the ascension of the US West
- Gold Rush in California
- spanish conquestidors trail blazing through mexico and america (coronado made it into kansas up from mexico)
- alamo, before and after when texas breaks free from mexico

Hell on Wheels is already covering the late 1860s when the continental railways crossed the final few thousand miles.

Cybsled

Netflix did a Conquistador show (I think). Alamo you had that shitty History channel mini-series just a couple months ago. Cali Gold Rush sorta has potential, but anything juicy would need to take place in San Fran. To do Mexican-American war properly, you would need to show what assholes the US were ;p

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, really out of left field--fucking awesome though. I guess with Olyphant done with Justified and Ian Mcshane done with Ray Donovan, they have a big enough opening. Wonder if they will do two movies like the director originally wanted.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This makes me feel really sexy and appreciated. Thank you HBO.