i will say i have been able to stay away from coke for a few months now

so that is progress i plan to continue with

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And society is better off due to their failure

I did say "attempt to". As long as you didn't just sit in your apartment doing drugs, you made some kind of effort. If you put time into socializing, finding a relationship, and so forth-- that's an attempt.

Obviously everyone isn't going to reproduce successfully esp in the current cultural atmosphere. I was talking to a guy the other day who wasn't having kids on the basis of needing millions to secure them a life worth living. That is the vandalized perspective we have to contend with in the age of the internet and the Hollywoodification (fuck Californication, its not specific to a certain state) of the household from childhood via the television set. He has been made to feel negative feelings about his own life from shows like "BILLIONS" and "SUITS" and other "The Bachelor" masturbatory fantasy shows.

There was a paradigm shift after the 1950's and its been steady rolling without any brakes to date-- there is absolutely no shame in getting run over by the consumerist-populist juggernaut.

Last edited:

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Here is my 3 step guide for kicking any addiction.
1. Stop being a whiny bitch.
2. Read a bible, history book etc. and realize that people have personal problems going back thousands of years and have had it way harder than you, yet still managed to lead productive useful lives.
3. STFU and find a job, a woman who will put up with your shit, and have a few kids. You will be too busy keeping your kids fed to worry about your pathetic life.
This is literally the worst advice in this entire thread. Appreciate the snark, but...

giphy.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's a shitty thing to say, ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy . I'm not old (30), but I've already started thinking that I may not ever find someone to have a child with - and I'm OK with that. I think that's a more responsible decision than the "fuck it" strategy many people seem to have when biological clocks start ticking. I also think that because I feel that way that maybe I am the exact type of person who should have kids. I really think I would be a great dad. But I feel I'm approaching the "lived by myself too long in my own place" threshold that it's going to be really hard to find that compromise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
That's a shitty thing to say, ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy . I'm not old (30), but I've already started thinking that I may not ever find someone to have a child with - and I'm OK with that. I think that's a more responsible decision than the "fuck it" strategy many people seem to have when biological clocks start ticking. I also think that because I feel that way that maybe I am the exact type of person who should have kids. I really think I would be a great dad. But I feel I'm approaching the "lived by myself too long in my own place" threshold that it's going to be really hard to find that compromise.
Okay bro. First, it is literally your biological imperative to reproduce.

From the last point of your post you seem extremely selfish and unwilling to change for a child, which makes me to believe you wouldn't be a good parent.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
But I feel I'm approaching the "lived by myself too long in my own place" threshold that it's going to be really hard to find that compromise.
My father had me when he was 60 and my younger brother when he was 63. He didn't meet my mom until he was in his 50's(she was enrolled at a college he gave a speech at).

Bad example because I turned out to be retarded...oh well I tried.

Also, went a full week with zero drinking just to prove I could. Had some sweats and some trouble sleeping the first few nights but felt fine after that. Today it's back to the norm. Got passed over on a script pitch because as I mentioned above, I am retarded. Cheers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Okay bro. First, it is literally your biological imperative to reproduce.

From the last point of your post you seem extremely selfish and unwilling to change for a child, which makes me to believe you wouldn't be a good parent.
Gotta say... Something changes in a man upon finding out you're going to be a father, well after the denial part and come to terms with it.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
think of all your addictions and then imagine if you were addicted to sucking cock.

now they dont all seem so bad do they?

• 1Solidarity

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did cocaine once, was as awesome as expected. Probably for the best I was in Aruba and tried to swim to Venezuela and had a rough time making it back to shore. Never again.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did cocaine once, was as awesome as expected. Probably for the best I was in Aruba and tried to swim to Venezuela and had a rough time making it back to shore. Never again.

As super-producer Scott Storch remarked after blowing through 70 million in cash purchases of luxury goods. "The damage done is more about the behavior".

One of the things Robin Williams said he was disgusted about, after he got clean, was the absolute garbage conversation. A producer for the Grateful Dead also took issue with this, saying he got sick of everyone "talking through their hat". Just imagine putting a cowboy hat over your face and talking.

Very glamorous.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
It's really hard reading your cringe induced coke/drunk shitposts, especially to an object of affection. Disgusted isn't a strong enough word truthfully. I'm cringing 4 me right now thinking about the things I have said and done over the years. Real glad it's over. (I hope)

Miss Robin Williams (RIP sweet prince)