Defiance

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but evidently you only get Weapon Skill if your weapon is leveling up. If it's maxed out you don't gain any weapon levels? Kind sucks to have to constantly be changing to trash weapons just to keep leveling up your weapon skills.

Maxing out a weapon earns you a random bonus on that weapon (5% reload speed, etc.). The bonus changes when you log in log out or change instances.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Had to share this metacritic user review:

Lets get the cons out of the way: Limited graphical customization, dated and poorly implemented graphical tech (lacks most modern features), low resolution textures, clunky movement, terrible animations, amazingly bad UI (to log out you have to press escape, hold space, select an option from a radial menu, select an option from a menu bar, and then you can actually click the log out button.), and bad voice acting. Now, after that what could possibly be good about the game? The answer is: everything else. 8/10.
Quite the bar of excellence there
rolleyes.png

I am sure I will still have some fun with it with some of the things other folks here are talking about, but the technical aspects of everything said above should be embarrassing to any developer - which can be attributed to developing for a console experience without realizing the core folks who will play games like this live on PC. (Planetside, Planetside 2, any other B2P or F2P MMO) I mean seriously, no push to talk for PC? That was mainstream 7 years ago. It's kind of off-putting that Hartsman left this company and I can guarantee you the reason why Trion made it's name is because of him - with that said, time will tell if this is just a sophomore jinx, or if Trion is a one hit wonder.

Edit: I think it also goes to show that any developer without multiplatform development experience will ultimately fumble the ball on their first release.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fuck. I am starting to have fun with these guns and looking for cool ones. And I started with Lockboxes now and those are fun too. I have just been running from Ark to Ark really. With a few episode missions inbetween.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well I definitely have to watch the show now, I find myself wanting to know more about what is going on.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well I definitely have to watch the show now, I find myself wanting to know more about what is going on.
So I may be at the end of the episode content already. I just received a
Purple gun and a gem, and Nolan said he was going to Antarctica or something.
I see no place to continue. I am guessing I have to wait for the next episode first and now I just fuck around?

Sorry I haven't been following this at all so I am guessing that it will happen this way. More episode content in the game each week the show plays?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I may be at the end of the episode content already. I just received a
Purple gun and a gem, and Nolan said he was going to Antarctica or something.
I see no place to continue. I am guessing I have to wait for the next episode first and now I just fuck around?

Sorry I haven't been following this at all so I am guessing that it will happen this way. More episode content in the game each week the show plays?
Thats my guess, but who knows.

Anyway, im at 259 ego and the shit is definitely getting crazy. They start throwing tons of mobs at you, snipers, grenades...fuck.. Also did the second co-op mission and it was pretty cool. Better than the first IMO.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
350 ego, shit's very crazy.

Most fights are now swarms of 99er dudes with shields, followed by 4+ elites of the same version. 6+ melee dudes, and sometimes 2 or more elite versions of those. Sometimes all of that is followed by a swarm of hellbugs. Some of the side missions are getting super hairy. Almost all have at least 1-2 grenade spam launcher mini-boss dudes that can be a pain.

I've yet to do a mission where I don't die at least once.

300+ ego things really start to open up. You'll begin your first Rep grinds.

Don't waste your keys on lockboxes early. What a lockbox drops is linked to your Ego rating. Save keys for Synergy set mods. Basically in order to complete the set, you need to slot the weapon with the mods with the same synergy label. It's very RNG based, so might not be everyone's cup of tea.

At about 350, you'll start getting dailies as well, these should be linked to the first rep, I think it's the one the dwarf dude is in charge of but I'm not sure. Although I think I was already working on a rep at around 280 or so. Most rep weapons have synergies. You'll see a "Synergy Lockbox" for sale at the rep vendor.

Rep and Contract video guide:

I'm at 350 ego and I've done all the quests I've seen, and I'm at 80rep (I forget which one it was). Saving up to the 200 for one of the 300+ rating weapons. Still have a ton of side quests and such to do. Additionally some hubs (like the Mexican chick and the dwarf dude) have quest posts that you can do really quickly and drop them off at a drop box. You can do about 4 or so before they're out, but it may reset in 24hours, not sure. May be part of the dailies, I know the dwarf says "you can do this again in a while". These quests don't give anything special aside from 2000exp, some SC, and a white mod. But they're usually pretty fun and quick.

We're playing mostly in what would be Marin county, there's a huge robot guarding the golden gate. I guess it's either a world boss, or maybe some event thing, because 1 missile insta-gibs you, and he launches clusters of them.

The Episode content thing is really just a cool gimmick. It's mostly a side quest thing to link you, "random VBI operative #22203" with the show. In the show they'll say something like "yeah, that operative did it", and you'll feel giddy that it was you...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Was a bit of a surprise when the faction stuff unlocked. Even more surprising was that it seemed to be shared across players somehow? All I know is that one of the faction quests maxed itself within a few minutes of me unlocking it even when I wasnt doing a damn thing. Perhaps it was counting kills from events that I literally drove through on my way somewhere else?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
After finishing a faction contract, do you have to actually go turn it in? I finished a few, and they are sitting there on the contracts tab saying "0 days".

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Servers still down?

PS: Weapon skills perks do not reset on zoning/relogging. If you max out say LMGs, switch to a different LMG and you'll gain xp towards the full weapon skill tree. Yes, you'll need to "level" up several different weapons of the same type to get to all the perks.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The contracts are weekly / daily quests, so once you have finished them you have to wait for them to reset.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What is up with vehicles? I bought one yesterday without looking at the stats much (My fault I guess) but still... the thing was $6,000 and the one that was given to me after a quest was selling for 3k... it was actually a fucking downgrade. Everything was the same except for hit points.

I also couldn't resell it. Fuck that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fuck all you people. You guys make it impossible to skip any god damn MMO. Bleh guess I'll pick this up.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Do I have to play this game?
You may as well but get it for the console. At this point I would rather have the 5.1 surround sound, couch and larger HD TV than on my PC up in my mancave. The graphical options suck, and I use a controller anyway. I thought I would play with more folks (Here) and it would be more social - it's an entire fuck fest when it comes to that. You won't talk to anyone unless you all get on a vent/mumble server and somehow find each other in the game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, I still prefer my games on PC. I hate playing shooter type games with a controller. My fucking thumbs do not work correct I guess and I end up sucking. Trust me Ive tried my kids 360 CoDs and Battlefields and Halos and I just cannot get it with a fucking controller. But thats just me.