Defiance

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I want to do run a comparison against all the people bitching about the only MMOs being made are shitty MMOs, and all the people in this thread going "yeah, shitty game, but nothing else going on" or "shitty game but I found it cheap" or any other bullshit.

YOU. YOU are why shitty games are being made. Every time you sit in another EQ thread or some shit whining about nothing good being made anymore, go look in the mirror and understand that's caused by YOU and people like YOU.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Only the one set do (Irathians). You run across two other types later on, one which channels Ferengi by way of Gamorean Pig Guard and another which is pretty much a high elf.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I feel like I want to do run a comparison against all the people bitching about the only MMOs being made are shitty MMOs, and all the people in this thread going "yeah, shitty game, but nothing else going on" or "shitty game but I found it cheap" or any other bullshit.

YOU. YOU are why shitty games are being made. Every time you sit in another EQ thread or some shit whining about nothing good being made anymore, go look in the mirror and understand that's caused by YOU and people like YOU.
Ah bloo bloo
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png
. If no one ever tried new shit nothing would ever succeed.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Mah. Game is alright so far. I found it cheap. From what I have seen so far I would not recommend paying full price for this. Mostly just because the game itself feels completely disjointed and rough. Graphical options on PC are completely ridiculous. Basically all I have noticed from the PS3 version to the PC version was a higher resolution. I still play with a controller. The chat menu systems are non existant. And while I was trying to emote a few people or say hello to the area, no one replied. Either they didn't know how or just didn't care but I would guess the former. I pressed A when I was driving my vehicle for a rocket boost, and was like "Hey... Rocket Boost. Glad they told me" There is a serious lack of information on how to play the game and learn the systems.

The chat interface is fucking awful. I am guessing no one cares if you socialize or not. Finding friends is a pain, but I am going to add Mkopec so I can follow the guy around with my Deadbolt.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun sandbox game and I have not been following this much so I have no idea what's in store with the TV show tie in. Basically if you like Borderlands 2 with public players all over being able to assist in content, with a mix of random arks (Rifts) and some fairly mediocre Team Deathmatch/Capture matches (Only 3 maps for this) it is fun to screw around in I guess. Good thing there isn't a subscription. I have heard the guns can get cool - so that is something I guess. I'll play it more tonight.

The voice chat... my God. I was in a TDM match to try it out last night and there were echo'd random voices anywhere. Is there a way to turn that off?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I never tried the voip.

I did one of the first dungeons last night. I had fun doing that. Simple and easy. I think the game really excells at giving you a really casual shooter experience that isn't super twitch and allows you not to take it too seriously.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

As time as gone on I have come to understand not buying it doesn't work. The folks involved would just scapegoat the genre and say that they overestimated the MMOFPS market. There is zero accountibility in this industry as it stands, and you would think when a game doesn't sell, it's because it was a horrible game. Not the case for the most part. Scapegoats are now endangering entire genres.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I buy games which look like they will be fun, and for most part they are, at least for a few months. I cannot actually name one MMO that I purchased that I did not find fun for a few months. (Maybe LOTRO? I dont remeber that one so it must of sucked) Even the one that was deemed the colossal failure of all mmorpgs to date, SWTOR, I had a good 6 month run in. So if I listened to salty people all the time, the "DONT BUY THIS BECAUSE BLAH BLAH" crowd, I would ultimately be doing myself a disservice.

Its like any other entertainment. Its all subjective, and ultimately I will be the judge of what I like and what games I play. Fuck the haters and fuck the naysayers.

Its a shitty industry. If you think about it, if you truly wanted to play AAA quality games that were done, complete, bug free, and were actually GOOD games, what would you play? The 2-3 stand out titles per year? LOL, might as well get a new hobby if you think like this.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If I buy a game and I get 2 weeks out of it, I'm happy. I stopped thinking an MMO is a decent value only if I can play it for 6 months straight.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it possible to have the camera zoom out? I haven't been able to find out how, and being so close in to my character kinda kills the game for me. Also, how do you apply a mod to your weapon?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No zoom. It's like Gears of War.

Mods: Open up your inventory, and on the top of the screen there is an icon (I forget what it looks like) for salvage or mods or something. Then go from there. Not all weps are moddable.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure it's like mass effect where the camera is where it is.

As time as gone on I have come to understand not buying it doesn't work. The folks involved would just scapegoat the genre and say that they overestimated the MMOFPS market. There is zero accountibility in this industry as it stands, and you would think when a game doesn't sell, it's because it was a horrible game. Not the case for the most part. Scapegoats are now endangering entire genres.
Yep. If you don't just try shit out because it looks like it might be cool sometimes, you're gonna miss great stuff. I never would have bought The Secret World last year if I just based my decision on it being made by Funcom, but it turned out to easily be my favorite game last year.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ego 277, not sure what I did to my assault rifle and SMG (both purples, the rifle from the Episode reward, the SMG I got from a lockbox). I modded them with scopes and some green mods.

Now I can zoom in on both my SMG and Assault rifle as if they were a Sniper rifle. Wish I would have worked up my assault rifle skill earlier. Mobs start to get pretty jumpy and they all swarm in the later game. The also have personal shields and nearly all of them have grenades. With the sniper rifle I could maybe get three shots off before I get swarmed or flushed. Gets worse in smaller areas.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mobs start to get pretty jumpy and they all swarm in the later game. The also have personal shields and nearly all of them have grenades.
I noticed this too. I think when I did the breaking into San Quentin (or whatever that prison was) quest is when shit started to get real. The difficulty really ramps up as does the AI it seems. The quest with the 99ers after the prison one was a bitch too, on some dock somewhere? Where you had to rescue the dock workers? I died many times that quest. Like you said, they all start to swarm you, they start to have shields and toss nades at you too. Those flaming ones are a bitch.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
I made it to EGO 130 or so and just have no desire to play anymore. I may not expect a MMO game to last years, but I sure expect it to last a month at least. This didnt last 2 days. If anyone wants it, donate $25 or so to my paypal and Ill hook you up with whatever info is needed. This is just flat out awful, its not even mindless fun.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I found some awesome lightning pistol last night that has 15 clips, high rate of fire and hits for like 500. Fast reload too.