Desktop Computers

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IIRC: Oculus is barely over 1080p when both screens are combined, so the need for DP isn't really there. HDMI can render 4k at 60 fps max, while DP can do crazy shit like 8k at 60 fps and 10 bit color + HDR.

(older HDMI spec was only 30 fps and the first few gens of 4k monitors required 2x HDMI connections)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Get the new Corsair fan instead (ML140) if you want lights and stuff.
got the new fan, seems to work great, although i can't figure out why I ordered the white LED instead of Red which would match the entire rest of the case. i think at the time i had the idea to go with a patriotic red, white and blue theme but that now seems like a lot of effort. i'll probably send back this weekend and get the red.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
baffles me people buy shit based specs + if it has LED lighting. Are you displaying your comp as some sort of usable art or some shit?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
got the new fan, seems to work great, although i can't figure out why I ordered the white LED instead of Red which would match the entire rest of the case. i think at the time i had the idea to go with a patriotic red, white and blue theme but that now seems like a lot of effort. i'll probably send back this weekend and get the red.
So I did the same thing but got blue even though all case LEDs are red,keyboard red,headset red,etc.

One day I'm gonna replace it because the blue looks awful

spronk

FPS noob
baffles me people buy shit based specs + if it has LED lighting. Are you displaying your comp as some sort of usable art or some shit?

yeKWfFT.jpg

my new pc has led stripes in the front all the way up and down that is hooked up to CPU temp - green, blue, or red. I should see if I can change it to my GPU temp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Master

Bronze Squire
What is the best way to buy IPS monitors these days? I have two right now but sadly they are 16:10 and for presentation reasons on my stream I need 16:9. Still eBay directly from Korea or...?

Apollo64

N00b
The "better" tech currently for gaming screens are the new Samsung 100/144Hz VA panels. Those seem to be a lottery though as a lot of people have reported various problems. I got this one: C24FG70FQN Monitors - LC24FG70FQNXZA | Samsung US about 10 days ago, luckily problem free and a major step up from IPS for gaming in terms of colors and immersion, i actually didn't expect it'd be SO much better. Not particularly thrilled about it for desktop use though because of the curve, still getting used to it.

If you want a vfm pick you can try the LG 23/24 MP68 IPS monitors, those are around $150-$170 and well liked.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was under the impression that VA panels had poor viewing angles and contrast.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Who gives a shit about viewing angles on a desktop monitor? Do you sit at an adjacent 45 degree angle when on your PC?

Apollo64

N00b

Viewing angles aren't as good as IPS, better than TN though. VA's main benefit actually is the superior contrast, this has a 3,000:1 contrast ratio compared to the 1,000:1 for normal TN/IPS screens and it really shows.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who gives a shit about viewing angles on a desktop monitor? Do you sit at an adjacent 45 degree angle when on your PC?
I don't, at least, not on my main monitor, which is why I use that Dell Gsync 27 inch TN panel for my main monitor.

But other people in this thread were always like 'muh viewing angles.'