Desktop Computers

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I keep building and never using, Atleast my current excuse is to give my gf my older pc even with its dual 980ti's for her wow playing.

That was half the argument for getting my GTX1070, upgraded the GF's rig with my GTX770, replacing my old GTX460.

Currently rocking a [email protected], 16gb of ddr3, 2x 850 Evos in a raid 1.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You don't need two 980 tis to play WoW. You don't even need half of one.

Haha but i was using this PC for witcher 3 and shit - However as i havent been gaming much due to work i just use it for WoW and downloading torrents. I mean in that same scenario i have no reason to build a new machine other than the fact its been a while since anything intriguing has come out to build for.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
$329 processor vs $329 processor

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-vs-Core-i7-7700K-DinoPC_GTA-V.png

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Vs Core i7 7700K Gaming Benchmarks Leaked

So the 3.0Ghz Ryzen(stock speed) cant keep up with the 4.2 Ghz i7 7700(stock speed) Not surprising there. So you'd have to overlock the Ryzen pretty significantly just to get it to match the stock 7700k, and im not sure you could get into the realm of an overclocked 7700k, that would be a pretty serious overclock.

The numbers look weird, regardless though, The Ryzen with the lower minimum, lower maximum, but similar average? Something isn't right there.

I haven't been following the Ryzen new overly close, whats the word on overclocking? Can their 3.0 ghz chips get to 5ghz or even 4.5?

Last edited:

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Might as well pick up some dog shit in a yard and shove it in a motherboard until we get benchmarks
Or you could change that blue outfit to a nice crimson red turncoat and help make certain that Zen+ boards kick Intels as* ! o_O

You feeling itch to get back into BIOS development? Things might get more interesting on the Intel side again when Intel moves to a new uarch :)

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

With an AIO cooler they are claiming the 1700 gets up to around 4.0-4.1, and that is with a top tier(expensive) motherboard. No clue what the 1700X and 1800X will achieve.
Supposedly single core OC is *easy* (according to some Turkish leaks) but All core OC is worse than Broadwell, just because of juice constraints. Can probably expect many many BIOS revisions with Zen since everything on the platform is shiny new. Might be worth waiting a bit for dust to settle even if it is a decent upgrade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Or you could change that blue outfit to a nice crimson red turncoat and help make certain that Zen+ boards kick Intels as* ! o_O

You feeling itch to get back into BIOS development? Things might get more interesting on the Intel side again when Intel moves to a new uarch :)
Blue coat always. I'd do BIOS again for a good price ahha

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Blue coat always. I'd do BIOS again for a good price ahha
Lol.... well, if you tried for a position at Intel or AMD you could forever ping pong back and forth every 5 years, and get a nice *collection* of different coloured jackets, with a guaranteed beefy turncoat raise each time!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've worked in so much Intel code I could actually step in and be up to speed instantly.

If I worked at American megatrends it'd be even easier. They provide BIOS for everyone

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
instead of making a thread I'll just ask here.

well, it seems my speakers are fucked. constant low hissing/buzzing sound. Tried cleaning and stuff, then realized fuck it. So I need something new. Need a sub for some boom and most importantly the on/off switch and volume thingy has to on the speaker since I put the sub under the table. I've looked some online but most if not all seem to have the on/off on a sub or even worse have some idiotic remote control, which is totally useless. So I need suggestions, price is not that important, unless it goes into hundreds

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My next computer will have quad channel memory.

Why doesn't Ryzen have quad channel memory.

because it has zero impact on actual performance in almost every scenario.

Future proofing!

Quad channel memory has already been out for YEARS now and Keg is right. It has fuck all impact on real world use. Ram bandwidth is rarely ever the bottleneck in modern systems.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
instead of making a thread I'll just ask here.

well, it seems my speakers are fucked. constant low hissing/buzzing sound. Tried cleaning and stuff, then realized fuck it.
Link or PM model? Speakers do not normally just *die* unless you physically break them. Sounds like could just be powersupply, might be replacable for $5-$10.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Link or PM model? Speakers do not normally just *die* unless you physically break them. Sounds like could just be powersupply, might be replacable for $5-$10.

who the hell knows the model. It's from Creative, it's just 2 speakers and a sub. I've had them for at least 7 years. They are not completely dead. It's just the background noise is annoying. And it seems to be getting louder day by day, maybe I'm imagining it getting louder. It almost sounds like interference from something, but I haven't done anything. Picture a tv static sound on the snowy screen. That's pretty much is what I'm hearing. I plugged the headphones into the speaker socket on the mobo and sound is clean with them. Maybe some wires are damaged but it seems like a huge hassle to find out