Desktop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I want to know how razer can go from this last year:

To this, this year:

I like the design of the Tomahawk Elite and was hoping to see it in the wild with reviews and the like by now.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I want to know how razer can go from this last year:

To this, this year:

I like the design of the Tomahawk Elite and was hoping to see it in the wild with reviews and the like by now.

Well both a sexy as fuck. I much rather the 2019 version though.

rad

Lord of Guk
I think this is one of the nicest looking cases on the market, especially from the front, but the airflow kinda sucks for an expensive case.

The original iteration was pretty bad, but this version is a marked improvement. I have a 'medium' overclock on my CPU and zero thermal issues over the year or so using it. I think if you were utilizing it for the 2 PC build I think you might run into some issues. Also the front panel is just magnets so it easily pulls off if you felt air flow was an issue (obviously doesn't look as nice this way)

I like how clean looking this is inside. Where does your SSD/HD sit?

This is the backside of the case, it all folds open, super clean cable management and able to hide your SSDs:

PHANSSD.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It was definitely in the final running for my build. But for half the price I feel the CM H500 was really nice.

It came down to the CM H500 or the more expensive H500M, or the ENTHOO EVOLV X or the Meshify C.

rad

Lord of Guk
It was definitely in the final running for my build. But for half the price I feel the CM H500 was really nice.

It came down to the CM H500 or the more expensive H500M, or the ENTHOO EVOLV X or the Meshify C.

That's fair, 200$ for a case is a little silly. Its like falling in love, I saw it and couldn't think about anything else.

1487003745_2017_02_14.gif

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont look at a case as office furniture or a glorified lamp with all the LED shit. I look for economical roomy, does it come with some free fans? How many? Does it have a back panel acess? front usb and headphone? And last one I bought for I think $60 which was the Coolermaster HEF was plenty roomy, came with 3 120mm CM fans and no bullshit LED windows or any of that kid stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I currently have a Ryzen 7 1700 cpu and was thinking upgrading to a Ryzen 7 3700x. Is it worth it going from a 1700 to a 3700x or with a Ryzen 3900x for $200 more? Just wondering what's the better cost effective upgrade and is it even worth upgrading.

Reason why I want to get into video editing like Premier and Davinci Resolve. Will be upgrading my ram from 16 to 32 so I'm thinking a batter CPU may be better for video creation and editing.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Id go with the 3700X. 3900X is only 2-4% faster.

Though keep in mind Ryzen 4000 series should be launching June/July. Looking like it should be 15% or so faster than current Ryzen 3000 series.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Id go with the 3700X. 3900X is only 2-4% faster.

Though keep in mind Ryzen 4000 series should be launching June/July. Looking like it should be 15% or so faster than current Ryzen 3000 series.
That means I will need a new motherboard too?

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
good time to buy a video card, or wait? need one for a new build, nothing fancy, likely a 2070. thanks!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
All ready to go, minus the computer. It’s supposed to arrive today. Dell doesn’t allow you to choose a pickup at a store, so had to take the day off to receive it. Pain in the butt. I’m pretty happy with this desk, it was only $100 from IKEA. Put a few coats of boiled linseed oil on it.

1E928F0C-68B0-4CA8-9E49-BCD2A2964EAD.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Use an L bracket attached to the wall to stop it from wobbling if it does. I know from experience that just using those ikea legs isn't enough to keep the top 100% stable.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Use an L bracket attached to the wall to stop it from wobbling if it does. I know from experience that just using those ikea legs isn't enough to keep the top 100% stable.

Hmm, good to know. If you shake it, it definitely wobbles, but I’m sitting here and sort of “emulating normal use” and it seems stable enough. I see what you’re saying though, if I start moving the mouse around rapidly you can feel it shake a bit. This place is a rental and I have a $5000 deposit on it so I’m not too keen on attaching stuff to the walls. I’ll see how it does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user