Desktop Computers

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have about the same total productivity by metrics between home and work, but I spend less money working from home, and am a lot happier because I don't have to deal with pee smell, BO smell, and I can't get in trouble for yelling at co'work'ers aka people that do no work or intentionally do bad work.

Pee smell? Either you have an uncommonly acute sense of smell, or you work with a_skeleton_03.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice build Noodle! Pretty jealous of your whole setup. I have a L shaped desk and I have a dual monitor setup in the corner of it, and it's just not that great. I think being in the corner of the desk just throws a lot of ergonomics off.

If I actually had a job that was setup for work at home, I wanna say that I'd be pretty productive. Because my job isn't work from home at all, since I'm a field service engineer, the days I do have at home are bull shit "admin" days, and so I don't do shit and am completely unproductive. I suppose the wife being a stay at home Mom doesn't help that as her and the kids are always around.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice build Noodle! Pretty jealous of your whole setup. I have a L shaped desk and I have a dual monitor setup in the corner of it, and it's just not that great. I think being in the corner of the desk just throws a lot of ergonomics off.

If I actually had a job that was setup for work at home, I wanna say that I'd be pretty productive. Because my job isn't work from home at all, since I'm a field service engineer, the days I do have at home are bull shit "admin" days, and so I don't do shit and am completely unproductive. I suppose the wife being a stay at home Mom doesn't help that as her and the kids are always around.
My wife and kids are home everyday too, but I do have a dedicated office. It's also the playroom, but as long as I'm here they can't use it. I just pop in headphones and drown out the noise. Because a 3 and 5 year old can be loud as fuck.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have about the same total productivity by metrics between home and work, but I spend less money working from home, and am a lot happier because I don't have to deal with pee smell, BO smell, and I can't get in trouble for yelling at co'work'ers aka people that do no work or intentionally do bad work.

My coworker/friend for 10+ years sat in the office over from mine. He admitted to me he took baths like every three days because he didn't smell himself. I told him that he smelled pretty bad every week for almost 10 years. And he was a bear of a man too. Smart as fuck too!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuck I'm opposite from you guys. I'm doing the bare minimum to get by. I need to be at work to feel productive. So fucking bored sitting here at home.

I'm usually putting together Visio's/Spreadsheets etc, or programming. The less people disturb me, the more I get done.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Don't go super ultra wide.
The only thing is I need a nice new monitor. Still gaming at 1080p/144hz like an IDIOT

Whatever you choose get Gsync. I can't go back. It's almost jarring when it's off. My next monitor with be the new LG 38". I can't swallow 1800 bucks though. Damn them pesky bills and responsibilities!

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So I installed my new case fans and RAM and there was no signal to my monitor

when I pulled the new RAM out, that suddenly fixed it.

my new RAM matches the old RAM in terms of type and speed. Is this a compatibility issue, a power supply issue? Come to think of it, the pc also kept shutting off and attempting to turn itself back on. I have an 800 watt power supply

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I installed my new case fans and RAM and there was no signal to my monitor

when I pulled the new RAM out, that suddenly fixed it.

my new RAM matches the old RAM in terms of type and speed. Is this a compatibility issue, a power supply issue? Come to think of it, the pc also kept shutting off and attempting to turn itself back on. I have an 800 watt power supply

Have you tried various combinations of the new RAM? Remove the old and use each stick individually to try to narrow it down.

Details on the old and new RAM and your motherboard would be useful.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
More likely 1 of the new sticks is bad(or both) Try just using 1 stick at a time to determine the culprit

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah i tried all those things before coming here, but I think I know what the prob is

long hair.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that does mean I can only add 4 more Gigs of RAM right? I feel like such a fuckin numbnut

EDIT: waiamint, I'm supposed to have 16 GB of RAM on my rig according to the sale receipt

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
New computer showed up !
Realizing no DVI or VGA port on my new Card is LOL. 2nd monitor is so old has no display port or HDMI.
Down to one Monitor was no good for work today so had to use the old rig. Will be another week before my new AW34 ultrawide shows up.

Other then setting up the new computer yesterday i have been getting lots done in my mancave/office even with the family home.

I did enjoy an hour of FVIII while listening to a conference call. I am really enjoying not having a ton of people lined up at my door asking me questions.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So my roommate was able to get the new RAM to work, but my system still only shows 8GB available when i bought the system with 16GB and the newly installed sticks total to 16GB

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So my roommate was able to get the new RAM to work, but my system still only shows 8GB available when i bought the system with 16GB and the newly installed sticks total to 16GB
Then one of them is bad.