Desktop Computers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All of neweggs 2070 supers are 700+ now probably from gougers.

My Amazon card says it'll show up between 19-22 of April but has t shopped yet. Best buy locally has an MSI though. Considering cancelling and going there and grabbing it but not sure if I should just wait it out

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Forgot to look there. I ended up cancelling my Amazon order. Both Mobo and gpu showed out of stock but "coming Tuesday". Best buy had the Mobo and an MSI for sale so I ordered through them and they'll be here Wednesday

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot to look there. I ended up cancelling my Amazon order. Both Mobo and gpu showed out of stock but "coming Tuesday". Best buy had the Mobo and an MSI for sale so I ordered through them and they'll be here Wednesday
Amazon stock and shipping times have been rough lately. I would have ordered my phone through Amazon because 5% cash back, but it showed a shipping date of May so I just got it from Google directly. Lots of stuff like that lately. Though of the stuff I have ordered that claims it will ship in 2 weeks has been shipping in a day or two anyways, some stuff I'm just not willing to risk having to wait for though.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Since AMD finally fixed their shit drivers it's definitely worth considering again, especially with the supers somehow going up in price.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just cancelled my chair from Amazon. Along with my new EQ from Schiit. They both had May 10th dates for delivery.

Snagged from makers sites...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since AMD finally fixed their shit drivers it's definitely worth considering again, especially with the supers somehow going up in price.

Considered it but just couldn't. I was willing to go AMD CPU. Tough pill to swallow

I'm not complaining too hard about Amazon, I know my computer means so little when covid is going around

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Amazon stock and shipping times have been rough lately. I would have ordered my phone through Amazon because 5% cash back, but it showed a shipping date of May so I just got it from Google directly. Lots of stuff like that lately. Though of the stuff I have ordered that claims it will ship in 2 weeks has been shipping in a day or two anyways, some stuff I'm just not willing to risk having to wait for though.

I ordered some stuff and it showed a delivery date of a month out if shipped free and I was in no hurry. Few days later got an email that moved the delivery date up. Few days later another email, same thing. Ended up with 3 emails and got it in about 2 weeks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My bidets were like that recently. But Amazon was completely OOS on 2070 supers so I figured no chance mine would ship.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since I'm not in a huge hurry, only things I'm really jonesing to play on PC, that my current setup cant handle are cyberpunk and FF7 neither of which are out I'm thinking I'll wait till Ryzen 4000 comes out, should I go 4000 or see of 3900x gets cheaper and go with that?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You guys think Amazon is just being paranoid with delivery schedule so people don't get pissed? I've ordered a couple of thing that said wouldn't be delivered for a week but still came 2 days later. Granted they weren't computer stuff but things like cloths and Gatorade. Shit like that.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Since I'm not in a huge hurry, only things I'm really jonesing to play on PC, that my current setup cant handle are cyberpunk and FF7 neither of which are out I'm thinking I'll wait till Ryzen 4000 comes out, should I go 4000 or see of 3900x gets cheaper and go with that?

Hard to say, 3000s are already dropping in prices and the 4000 series could be much harder to find than the 3000s were at release. However, prices on other components (ram, mobo, psu, gpu) aren't great atm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You guys think Amazon is just being paranoid with delivery schedule so people don't get pissed? I've ordered a couple of thing that said wouldn't be delivered for a week but still came 2 days later. Granted they weren't computer stuff but things like cloths and Gatorade. Shit like that.
I think a big part is people are throwing together PCs suddenly being forced to work from home. I know we are having a hard time keeping up with prebuilts at Dell , especially laptops

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Both Mobo and gpu showed out of stock but "coming Tuesday".
They are are screwed up right now. Bought a blu ray that said it would be here next week. After purchasing it said eta was May 10th. Got an email today saying it shipped.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my monitor yesterday, two days earlier than expected. Daddy likes.

image0.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I just cancelled my chair from Amazon. Along with my new EQ from Schiit. They both had May 10th dates for delivery.

Snagged from makers sites...

all 3 things we got off Amazon this month said The would take a month but only took a week. They are trying to set expectations.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>

Bold assesment there, one review after years of problems? I would not hold my breath, going to take some consistent results and reviews to polish those turds.... and a turd is still a turd. Personally going to wait for the next RDNA revisions to have a near spotless record after half a year into release before I even consider another AMD card for an upgrade.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I used part picker late last night and didnt realize how powerful some of the parts I used in my office computer in 2011 are still valuable today. The processor I have still goes for 400, the memory still goes for 210, SSD for 270, etc. Even the Video card still goes for like 180, and that surprised me the most. Picked out everything to do a moderate, intel/nvidia build and the computer still came out at around 900 without any peripherals/software. Looking at how much it would cost for a computer, even slightly less "beefy" was still around $1400 w/o shipping. Take away 200 for windows and peripherals - 300 sounds a bit much just to build a PC to me. So yea, I will build a PC. I was just hoping?? That I was going to be able to get away with spending around 5-600 on a PC for her but one in that price range will never handle Final Fantasy 14.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bold assesment there, one review after years of problems? I would not hold my breath, going to take some consistent results and reviews to polish those turds.... and a turd is still a turd. Personally going to wait for the next RDNA revisions to have a near spotless record after half a year into release before I even consider another AMD card for an upgrade.

The 5500 seems to be all over the place, 150-260 cheaper at 8 gigs. Thoughts on that one?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Are 2070 supers really going up in price?

This one has bounced back and forth all of 20 dollars since it came out? And this is probably the best 2070 Super for most people's needs.