Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went for the EP armor today. Has a little less stats than the IB armor, but this is all about lookin' cool

titanep.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Might be going that route myself. Possible rolls should be just as good as any other legendary and it'll be consistent. Plus, yeah, looks tight.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
What exotic are you titan bros using? I feel like nearly all of them are mediocre and not worth giving up fashion for.

I like the changes to the maul this season so I've been playing that instead of throwing hammers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still use skullfort like 90% of the time on my titan. I just dont see another better exotic to use daily. Its a trash clearing monster. If im running top tree solar, I use the chest that gives me faster class skills when super is full for boss killing debuff melee. Thats the other 10%.

Huntard ive been using the melee buff gloves for a fun build with top tree arc strider. You dodge, refreshes melee, then with a 1-2 punch shot gun makes you a melee god. every 3rd melee is gonna pretty much kill anything other than bosses, including champions which is pretty satisfying. The boss stomp is still a problem with melee builds like this, but so far its pretty dang fun. One game in gambit last week I had a 80+ kill game with this build.

Warlock ive been running the shoes that give speed boost and reload weapons like 90% of the time, but this season with the buffs to solar ive been experimenting with the solar gloves that make you rain down nades for 5 seconds after a melee kill. Plus it makes nades last longer. Its been pretty fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have the solar gloves yet, but have been checking out the bottom tree solar with the exotic legs. Come to the conclusion for my play style that Top Tree Hallowfire Heart is way better. Top tree Arc with Skullfort for days though. I cannot stand void titan.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I cant do void titan. Other than bubble shit, maybe suppressor in pvp? He really does not bring anything to the table. More defensive maybe? Ehh I like playing offense rather than defense. With arc, the nades are super strong, you get 2 of them, plus with skullfort hes literally a god at clearing trash, add in a 1-2 punch shotty and hes now a decent boss killer too. Super is kinda meh, but ill take it.

I still have to try the mid and bottom tree solar though have not even tried it yet.

Titan is def my fave though I probably have double hours than any other character, maybe even 3x. Least played is probably the hunter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dawning kinda disappointing. I remember last year the cookies you handed in to certain NPS gave you a chance to score upgrade shards (masterwork cores) or whatever. This year this does not seem to be the case. I remember getting like 40-50 upgrade shards last year from the dawning event. It was a nice way to catch up.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I literally only run phoniex protocol or w/e the warlock chest is.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So, I tried the trial or whatever of this during its beta or whatever, and didn't stay with it. Today I decided to try it out again now that it's F2P on Steam, and I gotta ask: Are they trying to confuse the fuck out of new players?

First it puts me in a copy of Destiny 1's first area, then it tosses me into the tower with only instructions to talk to someone, and I talk to Lance Reddick because he's the closest and I end up in a strike before I have even figured out my keybinds. Then after completing that, Gina Torres sends me off to an open zone.

Is there some sort of F2P limitation that they don't point out that cuts you out of the story or something? Because I remember the big guys invading the city at release and this seems to take place after that is already resolved, and I haven't seen any narrative at all.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Try talking to Amanda Holiday in the Hangar and see if the campaigns are available to you. Run through those. It sounds like they clusterfucked the on-boarding of new players. Did not know they started people off in the Cosmodrome now.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the new players are considered to have been born after forsaken.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Try talking to Amanda Holiday in the Hangar and see if the campaigns are available to you. Run through those. It sounds like they clusterfucked the on-boarding of new players. Did not know they started people off in the Cosmodrome now.

I talked to her and I see now that there are quests available under a "legacy" category.

They started me off at 750 or so power level and the only main quest in my log directs me to get to 770, so it seems they start you off at the start of one of the expansions, but without any direction or story hook other than to introduce some of the game activities and to direct you to gear up. it's an incredibly confusing way of starting people off.

Argarth

On the verandah
I talked to her and I see now that there are quests available under a "legacy" category.

They started me off at 750 or so power level and the only main quest in my log directs me to get to 770, so it seems they start you off at the start of one of the expansions, but without any direction or story hook other than to introduce some of the game activities and to direct you to gear up. it's an incredibly confusing way of starting people off.

Yeah, it's completely retarded. I dropped the game ages ago and restarted recently from scratch as well (new 750 character).

Open Director, then your Quest log, make sure "Legacy: The Red War" is being tracked. Go to the Destinations tab, select "The Tower", now the campaign "Homecoming" will be highlighted at the top in red. Select and Launch it, and you will be dropped into the beginning of the Original Campaign invasion/story.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whoever designed this "first light" shit needs to be fired. Also if you like it, pay the $10 at the shop to get the season pass.

Also friend code if you wanna add me Dom...

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would MURDER to be able to trade for some ingredients... I can't find any flash of inspirations for the life of me.