Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Bro are we even playing the same game? /boggle
Joe Biden GIF by PBS NewsHour

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm not convinced the new code for the smg damage is working. They still hit like pebbles.

It's a long shot... but you never know some times.

Were you hitting enemies with a Sword icon on Neptune with a 1600 light weapon? If your guardian is at light, and the weapon itself isn't at light, you'll do fuck all damage to things. Sword level guys take a further 50% less damage as well. It could explain why one weapon feels ok, or even good, while another feels fucking awful.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best is to test right inside the lego campaign where it basically sets your loadout and overall power to -15 or -20 whatever the fuck the lego campaign is. IDK like I said SMG were still shredding for me and I tried other weapons and they all felt like shit compared to SMG. This was first 2 or so missions so I could not have leveled anything at that point, basically baseline 1600 power vs whatever that content was +15 or +20 not sure.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I used a pulse rifle for one level of the legendary campaign and it felt like dog shit compared to my mini tool lol.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
All I know is my Sweet Business still goes Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the guys still fall over. I don't even need a special or heavy lol. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• 1Truth!
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It's a long shot... but you never know some times.

Were you hitting enemies with a Sword icon on Neptune with a 1600 light weapon? If your guardian is at light, and the weapon itself isn't at light, you'll do fuck all damage to things. Sword level guys take a further 50% less damage as well. It could explain why one weapon feels ok, or even good, while another feels fucking awful.
Wait wtf. So your weapon light can fuck you over even if your char is at/over? Holy shitballs man.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
All I know is my Sweet Business still goes Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the guys still fall over. I don't even need a special or heavy lol. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sweet Business and the Titan Auto Loading Chest forever! I thought I was the only one. Future War Cult armor, Sweet Business, and never stop shooting. They made upgrade modules more expensive/harder to attain in the Expansion which makes me worry about the distance between upgrades but there may be a source for them I haven't found for them yet; I used to get them either through the Season Pass or the Gunsmith, and the Gunsmith now seems to be way more expensive.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wait wtf. So your weapon light can fuck you over even if your char is at/over? Holy shitballs man.
There is pretty much no more "going over" or overleveling In this expansion. They basically redid the entire game to be even, -5, -15, -25. So even in strike playlists you wont ever overlevel the content so youre a god. Also im not sure the weapon power BS even works like this today. I know it did in the past but Im betting it really does not make a difference today, only your overall power does. Because while leveing up many people, including me jsut save the highest blue or whatever dropped and dont infuse until some major power milestone. Like for example if my primary gun was 1630 and a new blue dropped that was 1639 or some shit I will wait to infuse until I get way more power out of that upgrade module. So if my gun was 1630 and a 1650 or 1660 dripped THEN maybe I would infuse.

If you just infuse yor shit wllly nilly for every 2-5 power points youre just wasting those upgrade modules and soon you will run out and need to buy more. Especially during the legendary campaign which you are locked at a certain negative anyway, no matter how much you infuse.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't finished the campaign yet (though I did hit 1750 fucking around) because my buddy and I always do that content together, but despite having fun I really, really dislike the aesthetic of the expansion. I was concerned with it watching the trailers, but hoped that the faggy neon purples, pinks, blues, and other pastel shit was only a small portion of the expansion...

I also agree that Nimbus is a trash character and while him being non-binary may not bother other people it does bother me because it's not organic. It's clearly asslicking for the woke retards. I might look past it if it was the way the entire group was, but Nimbus' senior is clearly a man.

P.S. Also, I've crashed 8 or 9 times in the last 24 hours. I crashed a total of 2 or 3 times in the previous years playing D2.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Overall level determines how much damage you take. Weapon level determines how much damage you do.

In content where your level is automatically brought up (Defiant BG's, etc) this is irrelevant. In content where your level is capped, it will matter.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Use this to tell you exactly what order to do activities in, so you don't waste any potential upgrades.

Edit: words hard

Last edited:
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I haven't finished the campaign yet (though I did hit 1750 fucking around) because my buddy and I always do that content together, but despite having fun I really, really dislike the aesthetic of the expansion. I was concerned with it watching the trailers, but hoped that the faggy neon purples, pinks, blues, and other pastel shit was only a small portion of the expansion...

I also agree that Nimbus is a trash character and while him being non-binary may not bother other people it does bother me because it's not organic. It's clearly asslicking for the woke retards. I might look past it if it was the way the entire group was, but Nimbus' senior is clearly a man.

P.S. Also, I've crashed 8 or 9 times in the last 24 hours. I crashed a total of 2 or 3 times in the previous years playing D2.
I loved the aesthetic in the trailers but much less impressed with in-game; also, at least early on, the run between Nimbus and Rohan/Osiris every time is too long and reminds me of someone trying to duplicate Austin Powers-Era Britain; Sheesh the Neomudi are terrible interior decorators.
<don't say anything about the story> <don't say anything about the story> <don't say anything about the story>

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Sweet Business and the Titan Auto Loading Chest forever! I thought I was the only one. Future War Cult armor, Sweet Business, and never stop shooting. They made upgrade modules more expensive/harder to attain in the Expansion which makes me worry about the distance between upgrades but there may be a source for them I haven't found for them yet; I used to get them either through the Season Pass or the Gunsmith, and the Gunsmith now seems to be way more expensive.
Yeah, that's been my loadout for like 2+ years, Sweet Business and Actium War Rig. I just kind of threw mods on last night, but I used 2 of the kinetic damage increases while you are powered up, and 2 of the ones that make your power up drain slower, and it looked like I basically always had +20% damage per bullet. I'm sure there is better stuff, but that worked for me to get going.

1677719837093.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's been my loadout for like 2+ years, Sweet Business and Actium War Rig. I just kind of threw mods on last night, but I used 2 of the kinetic damage increases while you are powered up, and 2 of the ones that make your power up drain slower, and it looked like I basically always had +20% damage per bullet. I'm sure there is better stuff, but that worked for me to get going.

View attachment 461202
the walking dead twd GIF

lord of the rings GIF
the lord of the rings sam GIF

Fadaar

That guy
New mod system does not seem to have too much depth to it from just fucking around with it for a few today. I mean Im sure they will add to it over time. But ill take this new system over the old one any day. Doing away with the dumb energy on armor makes shit like 100% easier to do, plus add in the saved loadouts feature? It was such a pain in the ass the old way. Im sure we had many more options for builds but prob hardly anyone fucked with it aside making like one build and sticking with it or no lifing this game so hard that you had many, lol, or noobs just being so inundated with mods they never bothered. It was just such a hassle before, now hugely and bigly improved.

Few things that suck is getting rid of such main stays like high energy fire and the huntard +20 mobility mod. Also it seems like everything is tied to orb generation in this new system and it sucks running around picking them stupid things up ( but I guess we did that shit with the wells too so...) Im sure this will be more painful in higher end content where you cant just run ahead into danger to pick up an orb. IT would be nice if you generated an orb it would jsut drop right by you. Also what would be nice is them explaining with numbers what these mods do. For example I learned on the web today that if you stack 3 of the gun dmg ones you get 22%, its basically 10%, 17% and 22%. shit would be a lot nicer if they jsut put the damned numbers into the game. So now we have to wait for the numbers to come out with someone actually testing this shit. Also not sure WTF those sprites do.

I want the old mod system but just without the element limitations. What we got was... not that.

edit: To jump on the hater bandwagon, I only played for like 2 hours today. I'm off work til Friday. Played prob 10 hours yesterday doing the campaign and fucking around, went to bed tired but didn't really know what to feel about the expansion yet. Then come today I did the exotic quest for the machine gun, which was cool and I really like the gun. But beyond that I just didn't really want to do anything else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lore thoughts / questions after seeing the LF campaign.

I would guess now that the Traveler is a construct, and not a sentient being. Created by the Gardener to go out and uplift races with potential for evolution, I guess. So that has me thinking that the Witness is not the Winnower, rather an opposing force set loose into the universe to bring about the Final Shape. Now the Veil is another Gardener construct, no idea on its purpose, nor how it even got to Sol prior to the Collapse, or how it got to Neptune.

It was my understanding that prior to the Collapse, the only alien faction Sol had found out about were the Vex? With the Cabal following traces of the Vex / Traveler to Sol later after the Collapse, right? Along with the Fallen. This new stuff about Savathun being present at the Collapse is odd, since according to the Book of Sorrow, she noped out into a black hole long, long, long before the Traveler got to Sol. Yet, it was Crota's army of Hive that were found on the Moon after the Collapse. I guess Shadowkeep / WQ had some lore about that.

If the Witness had led the Collapse, why did they nope out? It was said that after Raps nuked the Traveler, the Traveler then just overwhelmed the Pyramid Ships / Witness / Savathun (aka the Darkness). My guess is that didn't really happen at all, rather for some reason Savathun knew about the Veil and its purpose, but chose to hide it from the Witness at that time. Which, guessing again, made the Traveler useless to the Witness, so they just left thinking the Traveler was basically "dead" due to Rasp and unable to be used.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Lore thoughts / questions after seeing the LF campaign.

I would guess now that the Traveler is a construct, and not a sentient being. Created by the Gardener to go out and uplift races with potential for evolution, I guess. So that has me thinking that the Witness is not the Winnower, rather an opposing force set loose into the universe to bring about the Final Shape. Now the Veil is another Gardener construct, no idea on its purpose, nor how it even got to Sol prior to the Collapse, or how it got to Neptune.

It was my understanding that prior to the Collapse, the only alien faction Sol had found out about were the Vex? With the Cabal following traces of the Vex / Traveler to Sol later after the Collapse, right? Along with the Fallen. This new stuff about Savathun being present at the Collapse is odd, since according to the Book of Sorrow, she noped out into a black hole long, long, long before the Traveler got to Sol. Yet, it was Crota's army of Hive that were found on the Moon after the Collapse. I guess Shadowkeep / WQ had some lore about that.

If the Witness had led the Collapse, why did they nope out? It was said that after Raps nuked the Traveler, the Traveler then just overwhelmed the Pyramid Ships / Witness / Savathun (aka the Darkness). My guess is that didn't really happen at all, rather for some reason Savathun knew about the Veil and its purpose, but chose to hide it from the Witness at that time. Which, guessing again, made the Traveler useless to the Witness, so they just left thinking the Traveler was basically "dead" due to Rasp and unable to be used.
If I have read correctly, and who knows if this has changed in the intervening years, I thought that all four Darkness races were present at the Collapse, all drawn their by the Darkness, (probably when the Darkness was something else) all of reports of various guardians earning names and glory fighting at the walls, etc. I could easily be mistaken, I guess. Newly, Savathun at the previous collapse betrayed the Witness and hid the Veil, preventing the Witness's victory at the time, which is why the Traveler rewarded her with the Light, (and Zavala's comments about the Traveler giving the Light to our enemies, ala the Hive and Crow). I've read a lot of lore over the years and watched a lot of Byf but they do a terrible job of putting the story in the game.

I think your idea is spot on, though, although who knows where Bungie is going to go; The Traveler has been referred to so often as a "machine"; could it just be a vessel for some being like the Witness's will? Could the Traveler effectively be a Ghost for some extra-planar being, hence the Witness's ability to commune with the players through their Ghost and needed the macguffin Veil to pierce through the planar wall to reach the actual Gardner?" With the last expansion for this Phase of the Story being the Final Shape, which I think is related to the Vex in a previous context, Will involve us using the Vex in a Paracausal to reset time in the Garden or something like to avoid the Witness breaking the Traveler? Changing the Final Shape to something different than the Witness desires? Knowing Bungie, it will center around A) the final Darkness power B) The Vex being "redeemed" C) Synthesis of Light and Dark.

My name is Byf has his initial thoughts up:

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finished the campaign today and even though I agree with most critiques of Nimbus and the story pacing, I still want to give it a 7.5-8.

The implications here are further reaching and less obvious than "holy shit the ball just resurrected a hive god," but I also feel like the post-campaign content is more important than the worm quest revealing Savathun as a savior of sorts.

Story aside, the boss encounters were way better than WQ and tormentors are the best enemy type we've seen added in D2. Actually dangerous and when one is on the field you actually care.

• 1Like