Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
Supposedly there is a new "loot cave" available? Been hearing about it on reddit and other places. I wonder if its the one on earth right near the Steppes someone posted about earlier in regards to getting the 200 headshot kills?
The moon thing still works. They haven't nerfed that. Pretty much the same as the loot cave, but more annoying.

Honestly just playing the game nets you the same amount of stuff, not sure why people care about that cave that much

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The moon thing still works. They haven't nerfed that. Pretty much the same as the loot cave, but more annoying.

Honestly just playing the game nets you the same amount of stuff, not sure why people care about that cave that much
Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]
Clarification: This effect only lasts for a short period of time immediately following a hard wipe

This fix is suppose to negate the moon one...

Also, I think out of all the story, bounties, missions I've done, I haven't seen a legendary engram yet. Only time I've seen one drop is from the Loot Cave... I may get 1 blue engram per daily or weekly I've done..

Column_sl

shitlord
It hasn't , I did my 20 supers on that moon mission. Since you keep resetting the mission the waves never stop.

Also, I think out of all the story, bounties, missions I've done, I haven't seen a legendary engram yet. Only time I've seen one drop is from the Loot Cave... I may get 1 blue engram per daily or weekly I've done..
Thats really unlucky then, I barely did that loot cave at all. Found more stuff just completing everything you need to do per day, and farming mats

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
It hasn't , I did my 20 supers on that moon mission. Since you keep resetting the mission the waves never stop.

Thats really unlucky then, I barely did that loot cave at all. Found more stuff just completing everything you need to do per day, and farming mats
That's the main issue. You may be getting lucky, others are not in the slightest (such as me). Even so, out of probably 15-20 hours of the loot cave, I've only walked away with maybe 6-8 legendary engrams. Of which, only 1 turned into a legendary but not for my class. I have gotten 1 legendary out of maybe 50+ blue engrams. My legendaries have all came from Cryptard packages and Vanguard rank packages, which I believe out of both of those, that's 3 legendaries (Cryptard is rank 15)?

So "playing the game" is in no way, shape, or form netting the equivalent amounts for everyone. You are just one lucky bastard, hahah!
cool.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Played 60+ hours. 0 exotics. 4 legendaries. I'd cry like a bitch too, but I'm not a bitch. That's the difference.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We ran 2 heroic strikes for coins tonight and party got 3 legendary engs. Figured it might be just luck, but def felt I should mention it.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
We ran 2 heroic strikes for coins tonight and party got 3 legendary engs. Figured it might be just luck, but def felt I should mention it.
3 legendary engrams from the strike completions or from drops? Makes me wonder if they tinkered with the drops a little on their end (much like what other games such as Marvel Heroes can do in an instant).

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Nerfing auto rifles and shotguns is rediculous. The counter to shot guns IS auto rifles. If you nerf the range on auto rifles shotguns will still be fine.

Or if the nerf is effective every will just run fusion rifles. Good players will always pick the gun with the edge and bad players will always complain about what kills them the most.

Shits maddening.

Also it seems like I got fucked this week. I had to work out of town and yall were abusing shard farming and it got nerfed before I got my chance to do it!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People can always raise their Faction rank to get free legendaries / materials. Hit r6 of Vanguard, got a legendary Scout Rifle and a Mote. You can really raise rep fast by running patrols, especially if you have one or two others doing them with you.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For PVP

Close Range: Shotgun > Fusion

Close-to-Mid: Fusion > Autorifle > Handcannon (auto and handcannon should definitely be switch for balance)

Mid to Long: Assault Rifle > Pulse > Sniper > Scout (scout is fucked)

Long: Sniper > Scout

Shotguns shouldn't be in the mix for 'mid' range. Unless it's 3-4 shots at 15m like it is now, so I don't know why they're nerfing it. Fusion rifles are retarded because they're instakill from 1 foot or from 50. Scouts need to be 3 to the head with no recoil at any range, Pulse need no recoil 2 head bursts only good in the 'mid' range, handcannons need to be 3 quick shots to the head at close to mid, and assault rifle needs to be 1/2 to 1/3 the clip to the head at close to mid. Snipers are one head two to the body like they should be.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
3 legendary engrams from the strike completions or from drops? Makes me wonder if they tinkered with the drops a little on their end (much like what other games such as Marvel Heroes can do in an instant).
Drops from just random shit running through to boss.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got the Exotic Bounty for Pocket Infinity while the guy was selling the fusion rifles this evening so did the whole thing in one sitting. Quite convenient.

Fadaar

That guy
Nerfing auto rifles and shotguns is rediculous. The counter to shot guns IS auto rifles. If you nerf the range on auto rifles shotguns will still be fine.
Precisely. I do my best to avoid close range altogether and just wreck people with auto rifles. Especially brings a smile to my face when I see them sprinting at me with a shotgun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, Pocket Infinity takes some getting used to when your previous fusion rifle had about a half-full charge rate bar. Hits like a truck, but you really have to get a feel for when to start to strafe out of cover to land the shots.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Woohoo got fuckin chatterwhite for Aetheon - fml

Back to this Cryptarch BS - "Decode engrams to unlock new engrams for purchase".....However it doesnt work, not to mention everyone on the server sees the same stuff you see regardless of level - this faggot cryptarch is false advertising.