Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So. Wonder how much content was cut out so they could repackage it as DLC? Both DLC packs I am assuming. Because one doesn't pump out that amount of content post launch unless it was already on stand by. Gets fucking worse by the minute. Because the content they do have from a story perspective is some of the worst shit I have seen in any video game, hands down, since I played Back to the Future on NES. And it's not only the rinse and repeat missions of the story content, but the horrible voice acting. Now that I am on Venus at least now I can hear "OH NO... THE VEX!" every ... single... story... mission. Oh hey three waves. At least it isn't "OH NO... THE FALLEN!". Can't wait for Mars.

I am starting to think this entire project was re-tooled in late 2011, early 2012, and this is the shit we received. Again, good gunplay. Decent loot system although nothing ever fun drops in the time I have leveled to 12 so far. Not one blue item. But horrible comms system, no excuse for what is completely repetitive gameplay from the story missions and the rinse and repeat level design per planet. Some strikes are horribly tuned.

I hope no one buys their DLC as a result.
I'm only going to buy it if it gets great reviews. Never letting Bungie hype me up again.

I enjoyed Mars.. those big dudes jumping made me laugh

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I still enjoy the actual gameplay. It's clear they still know how to make a Halo game. What they don't have a fucking clue about is persistent worlds or MMOs.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The voice of the ghost was 100x worse in alpha/beta. It was him talking into a phone and they recorded it. Once the "release" came out they put a "tech" sound to it like a robot. Its night and day compared to the first time I heard him read his lines.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My buddy finished the game without realizing he had done so. He called me up since he was stuck and didn't know what to do next. He had been calling me up to this point because the lack of manual or in-game description for things like element specific shields etc had confused him.

I asked what was the last thing he did and he said "went to the Black Garden and then you talk to the robot chick and she gives you a gun". I told him that was the last story mission until the release of content patches and DLC and he was flabbergasted. I told him about post-20 stuff like Crucible PvP (which he had already done some of) and then the factions and marks and rep plus the Queen stuff and he had no interest in that. To him the game was the Story missions and Strikes he had played through and he figured he had just finished the first Act and had missed how you move on to Mercury or whatever. He even asked how to unlock the Reef area since he had no actual missions there and I told him there wasn't anything...

He feels pretty cheated, yet when the commercial came on last night he sent me a text asking where the hell was THAT game, because he wanted very much to play it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So. Wonder how much content was cut out so they could repackage it as DLC? Both DLC packs I am assuming. Because one doesn't pump out that amount of content post launch unless it was already on stand by. Gets fucking worse by the minute. Because the content they do have from a story perspective is some of the worst shit I have seen in any video game, hands down, since I played Back to the Future on NES. And it's not only the rinse and repeat missions of the story content, but the horrible voice acting. Now that I am on Venus at least now I can hear "OH NO... THE VEX!" every ... single... story... mission. Oh hey three waves. At least it isn't "OH NO... THE FALLEN!". Can't wait for Mars.

I am starting to think this entire project was re-tooled in late 2011, early 2012, and this is the shit we received. Again, good gunplay. Decent loot system although nothing ever fun drops in the time I have leveled to 12 so far. Not one blue item. But horrible comms system, no excuse for what is completely repetitive gameplay from the story missions and the rinse and repeat level design per planet. Some strikes are horribly tuned.

I hope no one buys their DLC as a result.
I dont usually wish ill on developers since i think Acti may be behind some of these questionable changes but the practice of gutting a game and making it DLC is fuckin annoying and its likely why Destiny feels like a hollow turd with amazing gameplay.

The game is a lot of fun but its as much fun as it is hollow. Once youre 20 the game is over, dont let people fool you, its all a grind to the raid and nothing more. The reason they say the game changes is because light but with the lack of content its all done for the one raid they included in release. Somehow it feels there should have been a second one that was more than 2 bosses because this raid is the length of a Super Bowl commercial.

Just wait till the DLC is finally released and people find out its like 5 missions 1 strike and 1 raid, it will be a riot on the net. Hopefully thats not the case and its a very fleshed out set of content but considering how the game was released i dont have any faith in them delivering it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Where's that dude that worked on the game?

We can't rightfully lynch him, but we can yell at him and throw rocks and stuff.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Oh I agree. But that is just another negative piled on a shitload of negatives. At least had the voice acting been better with better protagonist character development, some of the humor between the two could have been a lot more fun to bare having to go through the same damn 3 waves of enemies while your ghost hacks something. Phoned in is a compliment. I see Dinklage rolling his eyes at what has to be one of the most poorly written scripts of all time, and it definitely feels like he is rolling his eyes while he reads his lines. The problem with the story (And there should be a good story to encompass the world) is that the story sucks, the voice acting sucks, and at least sometimes that can be made up with fun mission encounters. And those REALLY suck once you realize it's the same damn mission every single time. Add in to the fact everything else that is going on, it's only fitting we find out they cut launch content to resell as DLC. Even with Halo through it's rinse and repeat environments, Cortana made it better. And it had more varity, with vehicles and just about everything else in the mission concepts.

Bungle should be completely ashamed of themselves for putting out such an underdeveloped, lackluster, pile of shit.
I think the other voice work outside midgetman was pretty good. I really liked the intros when it wasn't dinklage talking. Also mars' enemy is fat space marines. It's really weird and they don't actually have any part of the story except hey, these fat space marines are on mars.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you guys running a raid before tomorrows reset? My lock is up to 28, pretty much the only thing I can do at this point is unlock exotic weapons. (Still need to farm that legendary rocket launcher)

Column_sl

shitlord
Both me, and my friend the fourth got the Queens ship last night.

It's a really unique model, has the queens markings on it as well. So it does exist keep running those bounties.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

It's a really unique model, has the queens markings on it as well. So it does exist keep running those bounties.
Does it matter which mission you run or is restoration fine? Finally geared enough to solo through it, was pretty happy since I got violated at 21 or 22.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So is the weekly heroic/nightfall strike just going down the list or is it random? If it's following a list, that mean's Winter's Run is next... definitely not looking forward to the Archon fight on nightfall unless there's some safe spot that I've missed all the times I've done it.

I've gotten two ships and two snipers so far. They're definitely super rare, reminds me of doing the halloween event in WoW and trying to get a mount or the epic item.

Too bad both of the snipers were fucking void damage.
frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I asked what was the last thing he did and he said "went to the Black Garden and then you talk to the robot chick and she gives you a gun". I told him that was the last story mission until the release of content patches and DLC and he was flabbergasted. I told him about post-20 stuff like Crucible PvP (which he had already done some of) and then the factions and marks and rep plus the Queen stuff and he had no interest in that. To him the game was the Story missions and Strikes he had played through and he figured he had just finished the first Act and had missed how you move on to Mercury or whatever. He even asked how to unlock the Reef area since he had no actual missions there and I told him there wasn't anything...
Yeah. I did the exact same thing with Black Garden since I ran it on heroic with friends before I actually finished all the story missions. I laughed my ass off at the "same old robot xx = last boss" fight.

The game has ZERO continuity, and nothing gets explained. It doesn't even pretend to tell you about a million things. Like that robot chick. What the fuck is up with that? You give us one little cutscene that explains nothing, and then the game ends. It's fucking stupid. Again, Angry Joe was dead on about it. The only reason the Reef exists is to set up the faction out there for eventual DLC. It's not like the Queen's Wrath shit actually leads to any story progression.

Fadaar

That guy

God dammit don't tell me that. I stopped doing those missions the second they stopped giving mats for dismantling.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any of you guys running a raid before tomorrows reset? My lock is up to 28, pretty much the only thing I can do at this point is unlock exotic weapons. (Still need to farm that legendary rocket launcher)
I need to run the raid before reset and will be looking for someone to do it with tonight. Hit me up if you want to, will be my first time though so I'll need to do some reading since haven't really looked in to it at all yet.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting nothing but a mote and an ascendant shard from rank 5 Vanguard care package is fucking retarded, as is the person responsible for such a thing being possible.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and my hunter is 27, but I can get her to 28 with an hour of farming some relic iron....or just switch back to my exotic chest piece.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Getting nothing but a mote and an ascendant shard from rank 5 Vanguard care package is fucking retarded, as is the person responsible for such a thing being possible.
Thats exactly what i got this morning. 1 of each lol fuckin weak.

Column_sl

shitlord
I need to run the raid before reset and will be looking for someone to do it with tonight. Hit me up if you want to, will be my first time though so I'll need to do some reading since haven't really looked in to it at all yet.
Contact thefourth, he hasn't done it yet.

Hes been asking to do it with my group, but we don't do normal mode anymore.