Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone doing the raid tonight or tomorrow that would have room for 2 on the PS4? 28 warlock and 28 Titan. Never done it before but would like to run through it legit before any cheesing takes place =)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Soloed nightfall for 9 coins :/ Need a god damn exotic to get over 27 without wasting mats
frown.png
QQ me.

Question: How long does the raid take on normal? I'd like to try it but time is an issue.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
45 minutes if everyone knows what they're doing. 2+ hours if they don't.

27 isn't a big deal on normal if you can't get to 28 without wasting shards.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
45 minutes if everyone knows what they're doing. 2+ hours if they don't.

27 isn't a big deal on normal if you can't get to 28 without wasting shards.
Yeah i rather not waste shards on shitty vendor gear. 2 hours sounds rough
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
man its amazing how bad people are at pvp in this game. i deleted my hunter and rolled a second warlock, pvping at level 3 to level. top 2 scorer in three games now, with all white gear. just about everyone else is level 22-29

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If anyone needs a 29 Warlock for VoG (have epilogue), shoot me a msg. Should be available anytime after 6 est. Yet to do Templar or Atheon legit but I understand the strat and am game to try.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Question - at what point can I start doing VoG (entire run) on hard mode? Done normal a few times, will be level 28 tonight

spronk

FPS noob
at 28 in the 30 raid you are doing 50% less dmg and taking 50% more dmg I believe, so you would essentially have to be carried. at 29 I think its 30% not sure. an ideal vog HM run is all 30s, most are a mix of 29s and 30s. at the least i'd suggest getting in on some cheese atheon kills, you can do it solo at 28 np as a titan/lock and get a shot at weapons and raid helm.

exotic is light 30, pre-raid purples top out at light 27 and will get you to level 29 maxxed out. raid purple armor top out at light 30 and will get you to level 30.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Working on homework, I'll be a little late to the raid. Go ahead and go without me if you have people. If not, I should be done in about 30ish minutes

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all you have to do to get a hard mode save is join one in progress, correct? After that it's sorta viral, and if you're fire team lead and someone joins on you then they'll get it too?

If so, I'd really like to snag a save at minimum from someone today. Got a warlock friend who needs one.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was just going to ask that, too.

If you guys end up doing it without me, can you pause at Atheon long enough for me to flag my titan?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I actually have about 30 minutes before a work thing if someone has a hard mode save and is on now that I could snag just to get it out of the way.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder if you can get another save point on a char that already did atheon hm, if anyone snags one send me a msg in game (i'm leveling my second lock) thediamondage, both my titan and lock already killed atheon hm but i can save a checkpoint for anyone else who wants it and show you how to kill it with either class if ya need, gotten pretty good and usually can kill him on first try now

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My friend has done it twice on normal with a warlock, but hasn't tried hard mode yet. I'm curious if we can manage it. He usually ends up taking damage a couple of times.

spronk

FPS noob
i have another hm checkpoint its on my warlock whose already done it so not gonna burn it the rest of this week, add me as a friend if you want it thediamondage ps4

if anyone gets a normal atheon checkpoint msg me too i'd like it for my 2nd lock (need normal before you can launch hm)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder how many people do the raid versus a near unending chain of traded checkpoints right before Atheon? I've never done either since... Xbone.

I feel as if the Xbone really is the ginger of this console generation.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Sent you a friend request Spronk.

I'm cleared on normal to the confluxes if you want that save. Hope that doesn't prevent me from getting the hm atheon to launch.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw Verseia a couple times and grouped up once I think. Vorph I sent you a friend request when Destiny launched. Accept it already! :p (PSN: sarthek)
Ah, I must have not realized it was from here. I get a ton of them randomly in the tower.