Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wonder how many people do the raid versus a near unending chain of traded checkpoints right before Atheon? I've never done either since... Xbone.

I feel as if the Xbone really is the ginger of this console generation.
Ive done normal VoG 20+ and HM VoG 0 but ive killed HM Aeth about 8 times now all from cheese.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah, I must have not realized it was from here. I get a ton of them randomly in the tower.
No problem, I figured it was something like that. In the invite message I did mention rerolled, but if you get flooded with invites in the tower than I can see how it might have been overlooked. If you can't find it let me know and I'll send it again (if PSN let's me send another one with original pending)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mytho is pretty terrible now, they should change it to legendary and put it elsewhere in the game - but i dont expect them to have enough sense to retune it a different way so that its only drop location is from the final boss in the current game.

As it is now most every AR is better than it.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Holy shit you guys who solo the nightfall every week are insane, half an hour in and I'm like.. have I been in here for 5 hours. Could breeze through it if I had a frost sniper, but got to the last part and went to the ledge and fell into the water. /bleh I'll give it a go later on, but that shit is mega-boring.

edit: fuck ya, they added in the ability to join a strike midway through matchmaking. Got in during the last 30 seconds of the final fight ftw.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mytho and Bad JuJu are equals now - so if your goal is to do HM for a Mythotrash youre better off praying for SUROS or Hard Light at this point.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So... the right scout rifle in PVP is pretty fucking good now. I approve.

Prepare your butts.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Got a hm save with a buddy right now who can't seem to quite pull it off. If anyone wants to nuke him real quick, lemme know.
tongue.png
Cambriel133 on ps4.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit you guys who solo the nightfall every week are insane
Three times. :p This is one of the easiest ones though. 90% of the time is spent at the refinery and running to the end. Devil Walker takes literally about 30 seconds, and Sepiks not much more than that.

The 28, on the other hand... now that's a fucking slog. Just like the Mars one two weeks ago that also had no burn at all, it takes at least twice as long to complete as the NF did.

P.S. Bring an arc rocket launcher to deal with the reaver captains, not a sniper. Void RL probably works fine too, on NF.

spronk

FPS noob
Holy shit you guys who solo the nightfall every week are insane, half an hour in and I'm like.. have I been in here for 5 hours. Could breeze through it if I had a frost sniper, but got to the last part and went to the ledge and fell into the water. /bleh I'll give it a go later on, but that shit is mega-boring.
the little room on the left side is way easier than the ledge in the back, i did both and nothing comes into the room you just gotta watch out for nades but its much harder nade ducking on the ledge (plus you fall off too easy as you saw). i did the NF with just ice breaker, the captains suck dick without void rocket launchers but i didn't have ammo and didn't want to burn a ammo pack (im so goddamn cheap), if you save em for last an easy way with titans is to toss the nade that disables their abilities, they won't do that shitty teleport thing.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Someone posted a calc on what attack does full damage to what level, anyone know it offhand? Is it just attack/10?

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Attack#/10 is what I was told. Seems legit. I believe there's still a level gap modifier in place, though, and the details of that calculation are fuzzy (for me at least).

Anyone still need to go through VoG normal mode? I've already done Atheon but would like to go through the rest of the raid to try and get other raid armor pieces. I'd be willing to stick around to help with Atheon, or let someone take my place if they need the loot.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll do a vog normal run anytime this week on my 29 lock, thediamondage ps4

also still have atheon normal and hm checkpoints, will need someones help to copy them to my alt lock when he hits 20 today, so if someone needs either one we can setup a swap time. you'll have to remsg me, got like 20+ msgs last night and i didn't get to everyone

oh has anyone here ever tried raiding on both ps3 and ps4? do your saves get copied across or can you kill atheon hm like 2 times on one character, once on ps3 and once on ps4 for loot? i might try that saturday if they haven't hotfixed it by then

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I already did Atheon on hard this week, but if no one else needs him I could at least help you get the checkpoint on your alt.

Edit: I actually wouldn't mind watching your technique for cheesing him. I've managed to do it a few times, but certainly not to the point where I can get it done in my first few attempts.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So I'm way behind most of you, still just 27 and yesterday was the first nightfall strike I've done. When you guys say things like dropping the devil walker in 30 seconds, how? Do you just have some ridiculous exotic void weapon or something?

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I would like to do the raid for the first time this week and need about 3 folks to round out the 6 man fireteam. Spronk and Sarthis if you guys are down that would help greatly. My fireteam hasn't done the raid at all so we are newbs but we have heart.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
So I'm way behind most of you, still just 27 and yesterday was the first nightfall strike I've done. When you guys say things like dropping the devil walker in 30 seconds, how? Do you just have some ridiculous exotic void weapon or something?
Most of Destiny is really about crit damage. With the walker, there are a couple spots you can basically sit and snipe with total impunity, so you just hit him in the legs with your best damage weapon until he falls, then throw bullets at his exposed core. With a 2 of 4 upgraded Icebreaker at 28, my hits on the walker legs are ~1100 each, and something like 4500 to the core. 3 players doing that doesn't take very long.

This video of Atheon dying in a single Time's Vengeance is similar. 4 Gjallarhorns all critting under a damage multiplier buff, plus secondary rockets also getting that buff make short work of him.

VOG Hard Mode Atheon World Record Speed Kill (17seconds) - YouTube

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just got the JuJu bounty. I don't really care about the gun, but I guess I might as well do it. I've done the nightfall on 2 characters and helped a 3rd time this week. If anyone is already doing the nightfall, would you mind if I hopped in at the end just to get the credit for this bounty?

Fourth_sl

shitlord
Attack#/10 is what I was told. Seems legit. I believe there's still a level gap modifier in place, though, and the details of that calculation are fuzzy (for me at least).

Anyone still need to go through VoG normal mode? I've already done Atheon but would like to go through the rest of the raid to try and get other raid armor pieces. I'd be willing to stick around to help with Atheon, or let someone take my place if they need the loot.
Hi sarthis I'll also go with you for normal if you want to do it later today

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Yeah that sounds good, I was hoping to get it done today. I'd like to spend the rest of the time before the weekly reset leveling an alt high enough to be able to hold VOG checkpoints for us.