Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm way behind most of you, still just 27 and yesterday was the first nightfall strike I've done. When you guys say things like dropping the devil walker in 30 seconds, how? Do you just have some ridiculous exotic void weapon or something?
I used a Supremacy (Queen's bounty sniper) with void damage and a 6 (8 with clown cartridge proc) shot magazine, that's only upgraded to the point where it started wanting energy. I'd upgrade it all the way, but the raid sniper is void as well, though I'm not sure it's actually better than my Supremacy. I killed the Walker in two leg-breaks every time, which takes about 30 seconds from the time I get to the safe spot. Clearing a path to the doors afterwards takes more time than killing the Walker itself.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am confused....I havent set foot into hard mode. If I just want to bring a group to cheese atheon, how do i get an atheon hard mode save? Would it preclude me from doing templar/gatekeeper/etc. legit later this week?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If someone else has the hard mode save and you are high enough light level to join them, then you can get in. You will "save" the checkpoint, but you won't be able to use it unless you have already beaten normal mode. The strike uses the strike leader's checkpoint when they zone in, and you won't be able to.

You can still go back and do the rest of the raid after cheesing Atheon, so that you can loot the chests.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I let IB regen ammo to full then I swap to a void sniper. Gets about 7500 crits that way and half ammo is usually enough to finish it off. Probably more work but I just like the big numbers, hah.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm looking to do a normal raid, 28 hunter and I've never done it before. I can also pull anyone who needs through the nightfall, I've soloed it twice now without much problem. Send me an invite if you see me on for either, on PS4 and name is Ritley

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well Dwreck no idea what is going on with PSN. I can go do missions, PVP, etc... but can't pull up a friends list or see any activity.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea, sorry Cat. I got booted when I tried to switch to my Titan. Don't log out (or switch characters) or you won't be able to log back in.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So can you still get legendary packages from doing public events? I've done probably 30ish days and not seen one

Erie_sl

shitlord
bleh, first nightfall kill.. ya I be slacking. Thunderlord and no coins ftl, on the plus side, it has about 4x the stability of super good advice when it gets upgraded

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone mind giving me an atheon hard mode checkpoint anytime tonight? Would like to try to find people on destinylfg to help me cheese it. Will help repay the favor in any way I can. My psn name is bhomo

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So... We got HM Ahteon down the cheese method....

I got the Ship and 3 Ascendent Energies...

Intrinsic got the speeder, energies, and Vex...

WTF... All those hours for a damn ship and energies, FML...