Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
i scored with xur engrams today, bought 2 chest exotic engrams and got praxis and voidfang, now i have pretty much every single warlock exotic armor piece. i was feeling dumb about not buying it last week, missed out reading that it spawns with full grenade energy

that sungod rez glitch sounds awesome, gonna have to try it out in pvp. if you have voidfang chest you can respawn constantly with 2 new grenades, that would be insane

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Atheon getting fixed net patch. Apparently they're also making his teleports random.

Have they made one goddamn improvement to this game? One change that isn't fixing an exploit, jamming randomization into everything, or needing something?

DMK_sl

shitlord
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just spent 23 motes of light which have taken me DAYS /played to get and bought an exotic chest engram and it was decrypted into a hunters chest piece!!! I'm a Titan! Surely this is a bug!? Please someone tell me this is a bug!?!?

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just spent 23 motes of light which have taken me DAYS /played to get and bought an exotic chest engram and it was decrypted into a hunters chest piece!!! I'm a Titan! Surely this is a bug!? Please someone tell me this is a bug!?!?
I've gotten 8 or 9 exotics for other classes when buying exotic engrams. In fact I have not gotten one for my own class yet. I think it's one of Bungies ways of trying to increase the play time before they can release and x-pac. "you have a few hunter exotics, why not roll a hunter". Also our first vault clear we saw a ton of raid gear, now it seems they nerfed raid gear drop to extend the amount of times people need to go in to hit 30. Whole game is a disappointing amount of re-using content over and over.

Hit 30, noting else to do in the game; actually felt that was at 28, oh wait, actually at 24 (excluding the vault)

Game was released with less content than any modern game I can think, one tower(player hub), 15 tower npcs, 4 enemy races with 3 or 4 monster types. Where did they spend all their money on this game? Don't even host anything on servers, so they saved their also..

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Yea, working as intended. It's a pure gamble with engrams. I took the gamble today and lost. I bought lucky raspberry chest piece last week for my hunter and the engram gave me the same damn thing today. What are the chances for that? I was hoping for anything for any class but that! I like getting stuff for other classes which gives me a reason to lvl up my alts. Like last week I got a helm for my lock off the engram so I started playing my lock so I could use it.

Should I buy the Titan chest for a striker pvp build or is there something better out there? Just started my Titan so I don't know if it's wise spending the coins on him. I find it exciting though knowing I have gear waiting for me once I lvl.

Yea, working as intended. It's a pure gamble with engrams. I took the gamble today and lost. I bought lucky raspberry chest piece last week for my hunter and the engram gave me the same damn thing today. What are the chances for that? I was hoping for anything for any class but that! I like getting stuff for other classes which gives me a reason to lvl up my alts. Like last week I got a helm for my lock off the engram so I started playing my lock so I could use it.

Should I buy the Titan chest for a striker pvp build or is there something better out there? Just started my Titan so I don't know if it's wise spending the coins on him. I find it exciting though knowing I have gear waiting for me once I lvl.
Helmet of inmost light seems like best choice so far for PVP. Gives you 2 free skill tree items for fist of havoc. (which obviously frees up two spots for other skills). I did buy the chest piece today as its the only exotic I was missing. 2 grenades could be useful in some situations in the future (and now if you are a checkpoint grenade bomber).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

^-- I quit with that change. I will come back in Dec for DLC but that is the stupidest decision ever. This isn't a bug this was a design decision that either they didn't think we would figure out because we are stupid or that they didn't know how to code around.

You can have full control out of every role in the raid but the last boss?

Now you need to ensure the following is prepared for:

1.) Everyone needs to have their oracle disruptor weapon equipped just in case
2.) Everyone needs to practice the oracle spawn rotation.
3.) Everyone needs to practice the relic controlling.
4.) If you bring a single Titan for his Weapons of Light bubble and he is relic he needs to drop it and someone else pick it up. Potential wipe.

All these on normal would be annoying but on HM they could easily be a wipe. Very stupid decision.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Helmet of inmost light seems like best choice so far for PVP. Gives you 2 free skill tree items for fist of havoc. (which obviously frees up two spots for other skills). I did buy the chest piece today as its the only exotic I was missing. 2 grenades could be useful in some situations in the future (and now if you are a checkpoint grenade bomber).
I knew I should have bought that helm last week! Oh well, now to wait or become a nade bomber?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Very stupid decision.
It's McQuaid level "Vision" thinking. I'm not convinced there is a single person on the raid dev team who has actually played an MMO. They seem to be deliberately ignoring every lesson the genre has learned in twenty years. This is some guy getting butthurt that his idea from a dev meeting didn't survive contact with the players. Motherfuckers need read some von Moltke: no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
If anyone is 26+ on ps4, I am at the gorgon maze normal mode. I can show you to the two chests for some free stuff.

Lexicon929.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would like to get in on a HM Atheon cheese if anyone is planning on doing it. Want to get one before they fix it

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I caved and bought a the PS4 Destiny bundle , digging the white color of it. But Im assuming just do story in this and bounties , but if i wanted better gear what do i do? Just hope for a engram drop or a story mission gives me one , because this white gear at lvl 15 is kinda boring. Also playing a Warlock , do classes really matter much in this and from what i have played thus far this feels like Hellgate London to a degree. Not complaining , but just was a odd feeling while playing this.
Wait, what? After everything you actually joined the "Dark Side"? Hah. [Well, I guess dark side is a weird term with the white system, but you know what I mean...]

Erie_sl

shitlord
.. this thorn bounty, so fucking annoying. Only thing I hate more than rumble, the fusion rifle. So fucking horseshit inconsistent. That and sliding shotgun users that are unkillable with the weapon. Can't wait till it's over /rant

Only halfway..

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I now have both exotic titan and hunter chestplates, from engrams and I'm a warlock
frown.png

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Motes of light have no stat-effecting purpose other than Zur engram lottery right? I almost have enough to buy an engram from him, but didn't want to waste my motes of light if there is something else more reliable out there to use them for, that would advance my character.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Motes of light have no stat-effecting purpose other than Zur engram lottery right? I almost have enough to buy an engram from him, but didn't want to waste my motes of light if there is something else more reliable out there to use them for, that would advance my character.
You can buy sparkly shit from the traveler but that's about it.