Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

DMK_sl

shitlord
Finally hit level 25 with Rerolled member and help from Sarthis and Nate. Both great guys. Game is great with friends. I've already tagged my ps4 name in Gamertag but I'll do it here aswell as I'm very keen to catch up whenever and game. D--M--K. I have MIC easy to get along with and willing to following anyone's lead. Not slow. Get shit done quickly.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Should I be trying to do this 22 weekly at 20? How do you go about finding people for it?

Most efficient path at 20 right now is:
Daily story mission
Daily public event (so far Mars seems best bet to find randoms running them)
grind bounties(?)
strike playlist and pray for loot(?)
Get carried through weekly(?)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Should I be trying to do this 22 weekly at 20? How do you go about finding people for it?

Most efficient path at 20 right now is:
Daily story mission
Daily public event (so far Mars seems best bet to find randoms running them)
grind bounties(?)
strike playlist and pray for loot(?)
Get carried through weekly(?)
Do tiger strikes. Max out vanguard marks. Buy vanguard legenderies. Buy exotic armor. Become level 28.

spronk

FPS noob
earth is best place for public events, it has the most spawns of them and in 1 hour you can usually get 6 or so done with a little circle path. i usually will hit mothyards at :27 or :57, then head to divide at :10 or :40 for spider tank, i do as many of the little patrol quests (the green glowy things) as I can since they give 10-25 rep each, no cap on doing em. you can grind em out all day and hit vanguard rank 3 in a single day if you want, and get marks from public events (100 cap per week).
Destiny Public Events - Timer and Map

everything in game is solo'able except for the raid (and even that is soloable right now for large chunks of it) although obviously you need the gear. you can solo the 28 nightfall/weekly at around 26 or 27, but you need an icebreaker exotic weapon since you can always hide way back and snipe shit and IB regens ammo. to get to 28 fastest you'll wanna level vanguard fast by doing tiger strikes, bounties (rep), public events (for marks), and getting luck with engrams. you hit level 2, buy 2 of gloves/chest/boots for 120 marks (2 weeks), get hopefully some free shit at level 3, get one exotic item from xur either for motes or coins, and buy helm on week 3 for 120 marks (80 from second week carry plus 20 from third), upgrade them asap with shards, and blam you are level 28 or 29 now and can solo everything and do group raids.

the game plays vastly different at 28 than below, since you can solo so much stuff now especially nightfall which gives you a 20% rep boost bonus every week. at 28 the only thing left to do really is get the few unique items from the raids (ship, speeder, 4 armor pieces for your class, a couple of weapons) and then you are done. i've only done the raid a single clear and have like 80% of the items you can get from it, mostly from cheating and soloing atheon 2 weeks now.

pvp is also a great source of gear, since you get random shit at the end of every game, and just like vanguard you can buy gear at rank2 and for every faction you get free random gear packages every rank you hit at 3 and above.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Great writeup spronk, thanks. I'm 24 and just starting to buy vanguard gear now that I've hit rank 2. Your advice fits perfectly from here to 30. So glad to hear I can eventually solo everything but the raid. Right now I can't find a group for the weekly heroic, but thankfully the tiger strikes are at least matchmaker enabled.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For the PEs, you can get 5-6 in an hour easy. Mothyards seems to trigger every time if you are there. After that i hit forgotten shore. This one has been about 75% in my experience, sometimes you get a message for the roving band of pikes. That takes the place of the PE, so if you see that don't stick around. After that you have like 2 minutes to get back to the divide to hit up the fallen walker. After divide, you have like a 7-8 minute break before mothyards is back up, use it to do missions or farm chests.

Just check a PE timer on the Internet for the exact times so you know where to start at

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

^-- I quit with that change. I will come back in Dec for DLC but that is the stupidest decision ever. This isn't a bug this was a design decision that either they didn't think we would figure out because we are stupid or that they didn't know how to code around.

You can have full control out of every role in the raid but the last boss?

Now you need to ensure the following is prepared for:

1.) Everyone needs to have their oracle disruptor weapon equipped just in case
2.) Everyone needs to practice the oracle spawn rotation.
3.) Everyone needs to practice the relic controlling.
4.) If you bring a single Titan for his Weapons of Light bubble and he is relic he needs to drop it and someone else pick it up. Potential wipe.

All these on normal would be annoying but on HM they could easily be a wipe. Very stupid decision.
I can't imagine a worse and more disconnected 'fix' for an encounter... It defies logic what these people are thinking.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally collected 23 motes of light and traded them for an exotic engram from Xur. Ended up being voidfang vestiments. Yay for gear I can actually wear, but I don't think it's any good (someone confirm this for me since I've been under the assumption that disc/int >>> str for warlocks). It's all strength mod and just yesterday I bought the chest piece from the vanguard merchant, doh.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
At this point with the frustratingly ignorant way the loot is generated I'm personally just focusing on light level. Unless you already have multiple exotic / raid pieces of armor to push that up to 29 / 30 and are looking to min max your disc and int.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Holy shit the servers are crap today, 5th disconnect in the last couple of hours, and every time I was on the winning team for my damn 3 win bounty.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just got my second Warlock raid ready. If any kind soul has an Atheon save (either mode), I would be much obliged. Would love to cheese him at least once more before the patch.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally collected 23 motes of light and traded them for an exotic engram from Xur. Ended up being voidfang vestiments. Yay for gear I can actually wear, but I don't think it's any good (someone confirm this for me since I've been under the assumption that disc/int >>> str for warlocks). It's all strength mod and just yesterday I bought the chest piece from the vanguard merchant, doh.
I stack as much disc/int as poss.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Hit level 27
smile.png

I soloed the level 26 version of the Heroic Weekly. I think I could have done the 28 version but it was my first time doing one solo. I wish I could go back and do the 28 version and get the difference in Strange Coins (3 of them). I tried to solo the Nightfall but the Captains in the Ghost room were just too much for me. I have a couple of Arcane Weapons but they just were putting out too much damage and I couldn't get them down. So I joined a group of all 27's and we did it (very slowly but we did it). We wiped in the Ghost room the first time but managed to get it on the second. One guy got an exotic rocket launcher (Gallerhorn or something like that) and I got an exotic helmet (Skull of Ahamakara). Last guy just got a Legendary item. Skull seems nifty but it's definitely oriented towards a Voidwalker and not a Sunsinger but I'm still happy I got something nifty.

So anyway, I know it was discussed earlier but I didn't keep up: What's a good headset for PS4? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on one since I really only will be using it for Destiny. Just want something decent that won't break the bank. Thanks!

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Seems like (and others have noticed as well), once you cap vanguard marks for the week, you also stop getting shards/energy from PEs.