Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've done PE's not capped and not gotten anything. They're RNG like everything else afaik. 30 patrol missions in 1.5hours? Maybe if you've got a fireteam doing the right ones. Otherwise you can get maybe 3 every 10 minutes at best and more realistically like 3 every 15-20 minutes. You can complete bounties doing strikes or patrols for most shit.

Pretty sure Tiger strike playlist nets you one blue engram, one blue armor, and an additional chance at an engram plus currency. Some one did a 55/55 pre-and-post patch loot table for Tiger strikes:

Loot from 110 Vanguard Tiger Strikes BEFORE and AFTER patch : DestinyTheGame

Basically it looks like with drops and rewards you're looking at an average of 2 engrams per strike. That's one per 7-10 minutes. That's not too bad at all.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I also tried to solo the last strike for the Thorn bounty and was having a really tough time. Not sure what to expect with the final boss fight -- might need a full fireteam?

Not happy about the Atheon fixes next week. I could at least understand them changing the target selection for the warp if they had fixed the various bugs with the encounter at the same time...

Erie_sl

shitlord
I also tried to solo the last strike for the Thorn bounty and was having a really tough time. Not sure what to expect with the final boss fight -- might need a full fireteam?

Not happy about the Atheon fixes next week. I could at least understand them changing the target selection for the warp if they had fixed the various bugs with the encounter at the same time...
Final boss isn't so hard, just sit in the entrance, and whenever the purple thing spawns above you, move back into the room before until it despawns (don't kill it as it releases a bunch of grenade type things that can kill you if you're low on health) along with the adds that come with him. Most of the adds will come to you at the doorway. Suggest bringing heavy ammo packs though to make it easier/faster.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished my Bad juju bounty and I'm joining in the chorus of people saying it needs a buff. The gun, flat out, sucks.

I picked up the Thorn bounty and it doesn't look terrible but we'll have to see when I get deeper into it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you always had a chance at rare blue rewards when you turn in bounties? Today I was just turning in random vanguard bounties I had finished and along with the +faction I got a blue ship.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So, Nova Bomb drops the Titan bubble in pvp? Just happened to me 3 times.

Just another reason to hate warlocks.

Also, SUROS is still unbalanced as fuck. I'm teabagging every single person I see using it...until I get one.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have Suros (got it off a random legendary before patch that decrypted into it), Icebreaker, I am almost done with the Void kill shit slog for Thorn, and I got lucky and pulled a Lupi chest for my hunter out of the exotic engram off Xur this week. Suros is still very nice for pvp. Icebreaker is a god send for soloing anything pve. I'm really liking the increased rev speed with my Lupi chest piece, already making some group stuff lots easier. I play super casually and feel like if I didn't I'd be over this game already. It makes me sad, it feels like there should be so much more there. So much potential wasted or I guess maybe sitting behind a pay wall and someones staggered content timeline.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The question is why they are focusing on tweaking and nerfing current stuff when they desperatly need to get new stuff out the door and people have spent a month "exploiting" and "not playing the game Bungie envisioned", meaning not many need to run through that content again.

Besides server issues, all their focus should be turned towards providing more content (and no, stuff like Queens Wrath and such is not content, they are events that reuse the grind we already grind to grind...).

*As a side note, I doubt even Bungie knows what game they envisioned by now. Reading through the "everything was scrapped a year ago and we are now playing something radically diffrent then was original intended and clobbered together in 11 months" thread on Reddit it seems likely that at least something huge went down. I refuse to think that the claimed $500.000.000 spent on the game resulted in this. Even spending money on rediculous things like Paul McCartney to write some music do not explain it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have about 15 pictures of 1st place getting nothing and last place getting a legendary, or something similar. I've only ever seen it the other way around once-in the Iron banner when first place got Timur's Lash.

rrr_img_79404.jpg
rrr_img_79405.jpg

Oh, and I had to attach Sarthis' k/d ration pic.
rrr_img_79406.jpg

sarthis_sl

shitlord
lol, glad there's a record of that somewhere because that will never happen again.

So does anyone still have an Atheon HM checkpoint? I'd like to get in a cheese kill on my alt tonight before the fix goes live.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
lol, glad there's a record of that somewhere because that will never happen again.

So does anyone still have an Atheon HM checkpoint? I'd like to get in a cheese kill on my alt tonight before the fix goes live.
Same for me if anyone has save point

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I should have the check point, just cheesed him for the last I think =(. Hopefully they apply the hotfix at the same time as they did last week. They did it about 11 hours after the server reset. Gives us time for 1 more!!

Never mind, I don't have it.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Except that you get guaranteed engrams which you then use to level your cryptarch which gives you a decent shot at legendaries to use or shard. I did 5 strikes in about ~1.5 hours and got something like 17 blue engrams. That's a whole lotta crypt exp.
Problem is that rep is waaaaay more important then the random legendary. With rep you can (try, if you find a vendor that sells the stuff you want, tip: look at PvP vendors) buy what you really need. Random legendary stuff is not very likely to pop up with the stats and buffs that you need. Oh and you need to switch out all the legendarys anyhow to reach 30, so yeah...

Upgrade materials + rep >> engrams.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So if I want to buy something off of FWC or Dead Orbit vendors, do they only accept crucible marks meaning I will have to PVP to get their gear. Or can I get the currence for these factions through PVE? I suck at PVP, badly.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Good thing is you don't need to be good at pvp to get marks. 3 marks for a win and 2 for a loss, plus with team rounds you will still win at least 30-40% of the time from my experience.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately yes -- you need Crucible marks from PVP.
You can get crucible marks from turning in materials, using rep gained strictly from PVE. I bought my FWC boots with 650 spinmetal I had collecting dust in the vault. If you don't already have a large stockpile of some material type, it could be even an even shittier process to collect enough than just doing PVP though.