Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can Atheon HM still be cheesed or did they fix it?

if he can, when you guys cheese do you run the first portal and get times vengence buff, or do you try to knock him off without finishing a portal?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Sweet, got Mythoclast, Truth, and the ship on hard mode this week. Do you not get to loot normal mode atheon if you did hard mode? Didn't give me anything. 3 Found Verdicts and a bunch of shards in 3 normal runs, hrmm.. ah well, I got Mythoclast and that's getting a PvE boost.
smile.png
As Ive read it, if you do the raid on hardmode its like with the weekly (where you get all 9 coins directly if you do the lvl 28 version first), you get all loot from both modes at once.

Speaking of weekly.... even the Nightfall version was easier since at least you had Arc burn! God that end fight was a pain.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm already to the point of only needing boots to get to level 30. Oh, and about 60 shards

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Not even two months in and despite not having done the raid yet I'm drowning in exotic weapons and armor. Wouldn't be such an issue if you could actually equip more than two at a time...as it is I feel like I should have a caddy running around behind me.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Ive never done the raid before but feel the need to get an Atheon cheese kill in at least once before it gets fixed. What sort of stuff should I know before trying to slide into a group doing it?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone feel like cheesing an Atheon kill tonight @ 6:00pm EST (or any time between that and like 10:30)? Buddy and I will be running nightfall and pvp in the meantime, but I've never done Atheon so it would be kinda neat. Message me here or reply with gamertag (ps4)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Anyone feel like cheesing an Atheon kill tonight @ 6:00pm EST (or any time between that and like 10:30)? Buddy and I will be running nightfall and pvp in the meantime, but I've never done Atheon so it would be kinda neat. Message me here or reply with gamertag (ps4)
I'll be on at 9ish EST if you can get a checkpoint (will also be down for nightfall/weekly/pvp) From watching the videos it seems relatively easy. PSN is DrCusCus.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
FYI, I'm planning on keeping the Atheon HM checkpoint on my alt throughout the week. If the Atheon patch doesn't get rolled out prior to the weekly reset, I will try to keep it through the weekly reset as well.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
FYI, I'm planning on keeping the Atheon HM checkpoint on my alt throughout the week. If the Atheon patch doesn't get rolled out prior to the weekly reset, I will try to keep it through the weekly reset as well.
Not really familiar with how this works, but will you be on tonight to share that with us so we can do it? (Me + ZyyzYzzy + my buddy)

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sarth, mind if I get the checkpoint on my 30 at some point before tonight? I'll turn on my psn app so you can message me when you're around.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Sure thing. I'll probably be online @ around 4pm CST. I'm planning on doing VOG Normal on my main this evening, so I can pass out the checkpoint to anyone that needs it before and after doing the raid.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cool. That should be enough time before our regular raid. I'm still slacking on my alts. hunter is only 24, titan still 16.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looking to get in on VoG regular mode today if anyone is planning on getting one going. I've done it once, so I'm pretty much an expert

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its just faster this way. It took me 6-7 minutes to kill Phogoth. Doing it the other way I have to run out of the room to despawn the shrieker which wastes time.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you clear out left side only of his room and run over to the rock on the far left side you can crouch behind it.

While crouching if you just pull the trigger to sight in it pops you up just enough to hit him. You can sit over there with icebreaker and take him down so fast. Way easier than the shrieker room.