Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a love/hate relationship with the RNG (mostly hate). I FINALLY got my first legendary engram to drop and it's a class item engram (blah) and it decoded into a Hunter cloak (double blah).

Was in a bad mood about that so I went to check my mailbox (hit vanguard rank 3) and in the care package was a Super Pox VLO. Already working on leveling up a Shadow Price, but still nice to actually see something purple.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Ya, I'm going to be leveling shit up for weeks. Just got Vex, Suros, Thorn, and Thunderlord last week on top of some shit I was already lvling. Still haven't done the nightfall, and that could be something else to lvl. /bleh

Sucks that they're apparently nerfing Suros again as well, at this point, there's no reason to use an exotic weapon in pvp anymore if you can get the same perks on legendary weapons.

Made a warlock (main is titan) got from level 1-27 in a day, need someone to cheese atheon, in vault now with check point. Anyone able to help on ps4? mbromley88 thx.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really want to know if there is some sort of lockout on PE rewards. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I'm at around 2 for 40 amongst two characters for this week. Everyone around me is getting ascendent mats, just not me. What is going on? Doesn't seem to matter if my marks are maxed for the week or not

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Soooooo, I just spent about an hour "spelunking" around the caves in that back-way to the templar. I found a couple more spots to defend the right conflux and knock down the 2 back-right oracles. Not really that interesting, since we can already do it.

There is definitely the potential for some hidden chests back there, though. Tons of spots I didn't even make it to yet. I died and spawned back on the templar ledge.

edit: actually, if anyone is bored, Join my strike.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The last one is facing the opposite direction as the picture before it
Attachment 80024
rrr_img_80025.jpg
rrr_img_80026.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
One more. I'm not sure how much damage icebreaker would do from some of the distances, but I think you can see every oracle from spots that can all be reached from the Templar spawn. I was mainly taking pictures because I was trying to hunt for a chest, so I didn't get all the angles for oracles.

I also made it back to the zone-in from templar spawn. I didn't know that I was heading that way and spent a a half hour moving a box around so I could jump off of it and just barely make it to a ledge. I got all excited when I saw another cave leading from that ledge, then I ended up at the first chest just inside the vault door.

I'm not sure how likely it is now that a chest is hiding somewhere up there since some of the jumps seem like they would be hard without the titan jump, but there are plenty of useful spots to do the confluxes/oracles from that I haven't seen before.

rrr_img_80028.jpg

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just realized you couldn't see me since I was helping my wife with her hunter. Can add her user - mittoran, just in case you need a warm body for something. It was both of us on the couch tonight trying to finish up her Xur stuff.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Soooooo, I just spent about an hour "spelunking" around the caves
I must have 12 hours worth of just exploring and finding every single ledge and death area in vog. There are just a million little coves and shit everywhere. Took me a good two hours to go to the bottom and back up at the first chest. Thats about the coolest luttle sub area that ive found. Theres another passage down there that is another way to templar. Your first picture is standing there pretty much.

Theres a weird cave to the left of templar too that could have been something at some point.

Spent about two hours just on the gatekeeper area last night. Its a pretty decent glimmer farm if you have the checkpoint. Kill all the yellow guys and gatekeeper and die. Its like 500 per death without glimmer material nd you can just farm endless vex kills there. 2 and 3 vex spawn every two seconds and you can just kill them till your eyes bleed. You can pretty much do the same when GK dies and you activate a plate. Theres a ledge to the right with eye level view of the oracles and you just take them down as normal.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I started a Titan Alt (got the a Titan chest from the Xur lottery last week so figured it was a good sign). For just doing everyday shit, what's the better spec? Striker or Defender? I'm thinking Striker? Ultimately I just see the Titan as an extra resource for Xur coins and such. Thanks!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone had an issue where you cannot see any ship while in orbit, this occurring on all my characters.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zindan I always assumed it was lag or some sort of server problem. Mine always resolved itself quickly though.

I just hit Vanguard rank 3 yesterday. Should I now start working on one of the other factions? Any suggestions on which one? (sunslinger PVE focus if it matters)

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Zindan I always assumed it was lag or some sort of server problem. Mine always resolved itself quickly though.

I just hit Vanguard rank 3 yesterday. Should I now start working on one of the other factions? Any suggestions on which one? (sunslinger PVE focus if it matters)
I went with New Monarchy first then FWC.