Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ultimately I just see the Titan as an extra resource for Xur coins and such. Thanks!
Max out defender before you even think about touching striker. Striker is very rarely useful in PVE, biggest problem being that DFA is buggy as shit and works maybe half the time on a good day. Even if it did work perfectly, Fist of Havoc's instant damage is nothing compared to the amount of extra damage you can get out of Weapons of Light over the full duration of a bubble.

I just hit Vanguard rank 3 yesterday. Should I now start working on one of the other factions? Any suggestions on which one? (sunslinger PVE focus if it matters)
Those factions do absolutely nothing for you if you don't have crucible marks. I bought a pair of FWC boots with 650 spinmetal that I turned into marks, but wouldn't recommend going that route to anyone else unless you have as much spare materials already in the vault as I did.

If you do just enough PVP to cap marks, FWC is usually the best choice because their items are int/disc, and afaik nobody goes looking for str if they can help it.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've never had a problem with Death from Above not working right. The biggest issue is more of less with how you character is oriented when you unleash it. If you're jumping out to the left trying to hit back to the right won't work. Need maximum air in order to properly aim it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It drops me straight down like I didn't have it selected at all. At first I thought it was the helmet that was buggy, but then I tried the skill by itself and it still didn't work a lot of the time.

Doesn't matter anyway, when you consider how vastly superior for both offense and defense Ward of Light + Weapons of Light is in PVE.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm honestly finding Suros pretty underwhelming in PVE as it is now. Are they really saying it needs to b nerfed more?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Tried the raid for the first time with a random group of people who invited me while in the tower. We got up to the Templar but just couldn't beat him

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
It drops me straight down like I didn't have it selected at all. At first I thought it was the helmet that was buggy, but then I tried the skill by itself and it still didn't work a lot of the time.

Doesn't matter anyway, when you consider how vastly superior for both offense and defense Ward of Light + Weapons of Light is in PVE.
I only have that problem when I'm not jumping high enough for the skill to even matter. Maybe you're just not looking where you should be when you jump. But yea, I rarely ever spec as a striker for pve, just a waste of a subclass really. The grenades just suck ass too. Anyone playing a Titan as striker in pve is just clueless. Though for pvp both specs are viable. Nearly permanent armor buff from force barrier and it's continual regen is too good.

I'm honestly finding Suros pretty underwhelming in PVE as it is now. Are they really saying it needs to b nerfed more?
For pvp kinda. It barely holds it's ground in pve as is.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
How much "harder" is the hard mode vault of glass anyways? I'm still trying to get drops from the normal one (gloves so far). Also, we have a few folks comfortable with holding the relic (4/6) so the new teleportation hotfix doesn't bother me really.

spronk

FPS noob
you get all the loot from normal in VOG hard PLUS extra loot thats only available in hard mode, so if your team can tackle hard no reason to do normal (except for the flawless achieve).

The only mechanical difference is that you cannot rez teammates during a fight, warlocks can still self-rez though. All the mobs are level 30. If your entire team is level 30 its pretty much the same as normal (but no rez), the more 29s you have the harder it becomes since people can easily get 1 shot by anything.

two good places to find pugs arenewest submissions : FireteamsandDestinyLFG.Net | The Original Destiny LFG Site(or .com less traffic tho). if you are a warlock make sure to have sunslinger maxxed out, pick the solar grenade and 2 nades perk. people will ask you to cheese templar (just throw grenades at him to force him backwards) and atheon (watch the videos)

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Thanks for all the info! I think with the no rezing of teammates I may suggest to our group that we hold off until four more (myself included) hit 30.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zindan I always assumed it was lag or some sort of server problem. Mine always resolved itself quickly though.

I just hit Vanguard rank 3 yesterday. Should I now start working on one of the other factions? Any suggestions on which one? (sunslinger PVE focus if it matters)
Depends if there is something you would want from those other Factions, and of course if you're willing to farm Crucible mats (or resources to convert). If you just want to get care packages, its quicker to keep leveling up Vanguard. Though, each Faction has its own set of Shaders that you can only get in a care package...only reason I'm leveling up Dead Orbit. I have Vanguard at rank 16, and I've gotten FWC / New Monarchy weapons in care packages from Vanguard.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
One of my friends just told me that Atheon won't be patched this coming tuesday, possibly not for another two weeks because blah blah blah?

Anyone know if that's true?

edit:
I must have 12 hours worth of just exploring and finding every single ledge and death area in vog. There are just a million little coves and shit everywhere. Took me a good two hours to go to the bottom and back up at the first chest.
I think I ran out of places to explore around the templar chamber, except on the platform he is actually on. I wish I had a save between oracles and templar so I could jump out there without spawning the conflux.
I did make it to an area I was trying to reach last night.

spoilered for boring spelunking pictures
First pic is the spot I've been trying to reach. The platform with the grenade on it counts as out-of-bounds. The ledge that is down and to the left is the 2nd picture, and the 3rd picture is jumping from that ledge to one of the tall columns.
rrr_img_80112.jpg
rrr_img_80113.jpg
rrr_img_80114.jpg

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for all the info! I think with the no rezing of teammates I may suggest to our group that we hold off until four more (myself included) hit 30.
Hard mode is not that bad. If you have 1 or 2 thirties and know the tricks you can breeze through it. I have done it with PUGs with no problem with me being the only 30.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be too surprised if we dont' see the Atheon patch go live tomorrow, but I'll be trying to save the Atheon HM checkpoint tonight and cheesing him ASAP just in case.

spronk

FPS noob
I wouldn't be too surprised if we dont' see the Atheon patch go live tomorrow, but I'll be trying to save the Atheon HM checkpoint tonight and cheesing him ASAP just in case.
ill try to be online too, i have the atheon hm checkpoint on my warlock so just need 1 person to restart the game, get the new save, and then share it out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So are we going to try to do the hard mode raid legit this week? I know we'll probably still be able to cheese templar and Atheon, but I'd like to try doing the full raid again with everyone.

I'll be available wednesday afternoon/evening.