Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Damn, suros and voidfang
frown.png
Who has enough coins for all this shit QQ.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ever since missing SUROS the first time and then getting dominated by it in PvP, I've been making sure that if I spend any coins, I'll have at least 23 saved up by the following week. My wish list is complete! Vision of Confluence, Icebreaker and Suros.

I guess I'll start lusting after my other 2 raid pieces and whatever that Titan armor is that gives 2 free perks for Fist of Havoc.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah suros is an automatic buy for me. Just not enough coins to buy both. I really should have got my third character to 28 to solo more weeklies.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Bah. I only have 21 coins. I thought I had more. So I'm 2 coins short of Suros. I already did the weekly heroic and nightfall. Any suggestions?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Engrams, blue ones can randomly reward coins instead. If you have a character that is at least 20, someone can help drag him through the weekly (lvl 22 version) for 3 coins.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bah. I only have 21 coins. I thought I had more. So I'm 2 coins short of Suros. I already did the weekly heroic and nightfall. Any suggestions?
Do you have another character that can do the lowest level weekly?

spronk

FPS noob
FYI, a couple of bungie.net forum threads discussing additional secret VOG raid chests. I still need to do VOG normal on my alt. Any takers on trying to get a raid together tonight/tomorrow to validate this?

Destiny > THE 7 RAID CHESTS. Enjoy!!!!! | Forums | Bungie.net
Destiny > **UPDATE** 6th and 7th chest discussion. | Forums | Bungie.net
does it feel like bungie put more effort into the chests in the raid zone than the actual raid bosses

and yeah you can totally level a second (and third) char to 20, make em the same class as your main, and you can swap weapons/gear easy. bam now you can run the weekly 28 again with the same gear for another 9 coins each, and nightfall, and whatever else. it is less than 10 hours to hit 20 if you just do story missions (bump it up to 1 level of hard for extra XP on everything), PVP while you don't have missions, and pick up as many bounties, patrol missions, and public events as you can.

you start drowning in coins after a while, i have 140 coins and nothing to buy. have 4 sparrows from atheon so not even worth buying the sparrow upgrade. sad thing is ive only done the raid twice in normal and 0 times in hard mode, just cheesing all that shit non stop

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
My titan has a shitty exotic helm, but I'm totally buying this chest for the double nade spam. She's almost 27 so hopefully get the helm from HM before Tuesday, and that would make her 30 after being 15 on thursday. So stupid.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Is it true that the Titan chest for sale this week has better stats then the one from last week? Friend told me this but not sure if he was fucking with me or not. Would suck since I bought last weeks version.

Pretty damn happy to see SUROS though. Only thing that would have made me happier would have been to see gjallarhorn. But SUROS was a very close second for me.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is it true that the Titan chest for sale this week has better stats then the one from last week? Friend told me this but not sure if he was fucking with me or not. Would suck since I bought last weeks version.

Pretty damn happy to see SUROS though. Only thing that would have made me happier would have been to see gjallarhorn. But SUROS was a very close second for me.
I think i read that it has 20 more discipline.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I bought last weeks and I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same. I'll go compare in a few.

edit: Last weeks has 113 discipline. This weeks has 131.

Bungie, eat a bucket of dicks.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I bought last weeks and I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same. I'll go compare in a few.

edit: Last weeks has 113 discipline. This weeks has 131.

Bungie, eat a bucket of dicks.
If the random guy on reddit did his math right, he stated that its only about a 3 second difference in the cool down. If you look at it that way it's not so bad

Also, been waiting for Suros but now that it's back I'm questioning buying it. Probably will still get it so I can say I have it but I'm tired leveling up weapons! I think I read the bungie said it's still over performing. So there's still that

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Gjallajhorn from a random crucible last week was pretty win... so I'm thinking of just aiming for a legendary scout rifle for now... any suggestions?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Gjallajhorn from a random crucible last week was pretty win... so I'm thinking of just aiming for a legendary scout rifle for now... any suggestions?
The vanguard scout rifle isn't too bad. Obviously the raid one is stupid good, but more RNG involved to get it.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If the random guy on reddit did his math right, he stated that its only about a 3 second difference in the cool down. If you look at it that way it's not so bad
To me its the principal. I could understand if the dropped version of an item you get from an engram or mission reward had better stats than the vendor bought version, but to have the exact same item for sale from a vendor that has different stats makes zero sense. I probably wouldn't be so bothered by this if the differing items were on sale several weeks apart, but the fact that the inferior item was on sale JUST last week feels like a real kick in the balls. I'll get off my soap box now.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
FYI, a couple of bungie.net forum threads discussing additional secret VOG raid chests. I still need to do VOG normal on my alt. Any takers on trying to get a raid together tonight/tomorrow to validate this?

Destiny > THE 7 RAID CHESTS. Enjoy!!!!! | Forums | Bungie.net
Destiny > **UPDATE** 6th and 7th chest discussion. | Forums | Bungie.net
Sarthis, I'd be down for running a VoG normal tonight or tomorrow. I'll be around tonight starting around 6:00pm PST, and have pretty much all day tomorrow.