Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, lets spend 2 hours doing urn quest for fucking gloves that 98.875% people bought first thing Tuesday. So they add in mmo quests, great! But how bout adding a feature in to see the rewards of that quest before you do it like mmos have? would of loved to wait and do the quest and save the marks.

Stupid shit like this is what frustrates me about this game, lack of foresight. Also IB coming next week tuesday, more gloves and boots!

I guess the best way to handle this come next expansion is to just wait a few days before buying shit. But there in lies the next problem this fucking game has, my marks were capped at 200, so I was essentially wasting marks by doing shit and not getting anymore. Might as well not even play for a week after a new xpack comes out. Youre better off in some ways.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, lets spend 2 hours doing urn quest for fucking gloves that 98.875% people bought first thing Tuesday. So they add in mmo quests, great! But how bout adding a feature in to see the rewards of that quest before you do it like mmos have? would of loved to wait and do the quest and save the marks.

Stupid shit like this is what frustrates me about this game, lack of foresight. Also IB coming next week tuesday, more gloves and boots!
I guess the best way to handle this come next expansion is to just wait a few days before buying shit.
If it's like the last one, they will be 36 light level though. That would give me all the gear to hit 32, but not the shards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They aready said it will be ger to get you to 31, so im assuming light level 33. Probablu the next IB will have the 36 ones.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played this a bit out of boredom (and out of duty, as I'd already bought the fucking thing like an idiot) - can't come up with a word more appropriate than "meh". Bungie should be ashamed of this game, and their attitude about it - I remember them going on and on about the content, size, etc. What a joke. Shooting mechanics can't and don't mask absolutely dire gameplay - I'd say I hope the sequel learns from these missteps, but I'm positive it won't.

spronk

FPS noob
Here's a 7 minute crota kill video, they make it look easy. I'm 31 light level and think I'm mostly done, may run the raid once or twice to see it but otherwise just gonna visit xur every week and just prep my chars so they all have max marks, 10 bounties done, and close to next rank on all the factions so they can quickly gear up next dlc. for no real reason though i admit, its just that playing destiny an hour a day is an easy thing to do while watching stuff like the daily show/colbert/fallon.

i do hope as a final fuck you bungie puts the new DLC strike into the nightfall rotation as every other week, instead of just inserting it into the (now 6) map rotation. that'll be hilarious

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I haven't logged in for over a week. You guys are making it very easy to continue not logging in and not buying the DLC.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it does, and it's amazing. Can triple crit high HP mobs like Devil Walkers or even Sepkis Prime over and over and over again with zero reloading and they die so fast it's insane. It's actually incredibly broken, but whatever.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
If we have enough, I'm down for another run at Crota this evening. Based on the links/videos above, I think there are a few minor tweaks we could make to the strategy we've been using.

If we have enough, I'm down for another run at Crota this evening. Based on the links/videos above, I think there are a few minor tweaks we could make to the strategy we've been using.
We beat Crota twice today, ca888(sorry cant remember fullname) was with us, theforth backed out but we will get him on kill team tomorrow.

I got the fusion rifle, the sniper rifle, 2 shaders, 2 emblems, and shards/energies. We had also had shotgun, heavy machine gun and ships drop.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm down for whatever too. Would be nice to get him at least once before reset, but I usually don't play during the day

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Can use oversoul apparently to kill crota in 2 swords

The idea: Do a forced Oversoul to continue damaging Crota!
The method: During our many attempts at Crota, occasionally someone died while the swordwielder(sw) was attacking. When that happened, the SW was able to keep attacking while Crota stood there with his sword in the air. The person who died was a Sunsinger so he self-rezed to help take out oversoul.
Sometimes he was immune. Sometimes he wasn't. We feel it has something to do with the timing on the suicide. The times we were able to damage Crota, we got him come to HALF HEALTH in one sword cycle.
My team had beaten crota on all of our accounts the normal way. HOWEVER, if this works the Crota fight will be significantly easier.
anyone else want to test this?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Played this a bit out of boredom (and out of duty, as I'd already bought the fucking thing like an idiot) - can't come up with a word more appropriate than "meh". Bungie should be ashamed of this game, and their attitude about it - I remember them going on and on about the content, size, etc. What a joke. Shooting mechanics can't and don't mask absolutely dire gameplay - I'd say I hope the sequel learns from these missteps, but I'm positive it won't.
They spent all their dev money finding a scientist to frankenstein paul mcartney back to life long enough to shit out one of the worst songs ever made.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be around in and out all day if we do another crota attempt. I have 3 guys at the check point iirc.