Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
did the new raid with a total pug fromDestinyLFG.Net | The Original Destiny LFG Site, none of us had done it before. got to crota in under 2 hours, a few wipes here and there but couldn't execute quite well enough on crota (4 30s and 2 31s too). its a fun raid, I'd say its about the same level of VOG as far as fun is concerned but seems to suffer a lot fewer crippling bugs.

for anyone who wants to cheese the bridge, there is an easy way which I'm sure they will fix, we google'd it. basically kill a sword bearer, everyone except a warlock suicide jumps off, the warlock picks up the sword and suicides off, self-rez's, rez's everyone, and now you can sniper stuff on the other side from one of the side islands including the 2 ogres (who will spawn after a minute or 3) which ends the event. I'm sure it'll be hotfixed in a month, but a cheesy way to get through it for now.

for crota we just couldn't figure out a way to deal with the side knights who are volleying, i think there's a spot where a sniper up top can kill em to give the rest of the group and the sword carrier a free path but we just didn't know where it was (only gave it 4 tries, people had to go). definitely a nicely designed fight, can't imagine how crazy hard mode is gonna be though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So apparently to trick to get the extra log Crota phase is to have someone die right at the moment his shield goes down. Like before he even starts to kneel

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
did the new raid with a total pug fromDestinyLFG.Net | The Original Destiny LFG Site, none of us had done it before. got to crota in under 2 hours, a few wipes here and there but couldn't execute quite well enough on crota (4 30s and 2 31s too). its a fun raid, I'd say its about the same level of VOG as far as fun is concerned but seems to suffer a lot fewer crippling bugs.

for anyone who wants to cheese the bridge, there is an easy way which I'm sure they will fix, we google'd it. basically kill a sword bearer, everyone except a warlock suicide jumps off, the warlock picks up the sword and suicides off, self-rez's, rez's everyone, and now you can sniper stuff on the other side from one of the side islands including the 2 ogres (who will spawn after a minute or 3) which ends the event. I'm sure it'll be hotfixed in a month, but a cheesy way to get through it for now.

for crota we just couldn't figure out a way to deal with the side knights who are volleying, i think there's a spot where a sniper up top can kill em to give the rest of the group and the sword carrier a free path but we just didn't know where it was (only gave it 4 tries, people had to go). definitely a nicely designed fight, can't imagine how crazy hard mode is gonna be though.
It's hard to explain, but you have someone up top on the left side of where you activate the crystal. He snipes down the 2 left boomer Knights and the one sword knight that jumps down to the middle. This allows the sword bearer to go up left side without chance of getting hit (besides Crota). When the ogre phase comes up, the sniper can run back to crystal room and jump on top of one of the doors and wait for Crota to move back the middle. Then run back to left side and snipe as quickly as possible

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I would love to kill crota tonight before the resets as i haven't gotten him down yet. So count me in.

spronk

FPS noob
i can help, have a crota checkpoint on my 31 warlock too PSN thediamondage

heres two crota vids you can see seems like the easiest way to do it (bladedancer stealth holds swords)

raider POV:Destiny | Putting it in Crotas End - YouTube
swordbearer POV:Crotas End | Bladedancer the real MVP - YouTube

here's a more detailed strat that lets you kill him with 2 swords and under 4 mins but dunno if you need most people to be 31 to do it
Final Crota Fight (Video) 3 minutes ogreless run! : DestinyTheGame

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not played this in a month + now. Is the new DLC worth it? I think I am level 26/27 at the moment. 2 exotics, never done any raids.

spronk

FPS noob
nope you'd basically be paying $20 for 60 minutes of new content, 90% of which is recycled crap. the only good thing is the new raid and it'll take a good chunk (like 30+ hours) for you to be ready for it, gear-wise. the new pvp maps are meh

if you raid or PVP a lot (?) the dlc is definitely worth it but for solo'ers and casual players, not really

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you don't raid, it's not worth it. If you do, it probably is.

The only problem is they kinda fucked over people that didn't get the DLC. If the daily/weekly/nightfall is on a DLC strike or mission, you cannot do it if you don't have the DLC.

Your previous gear doesn't matter too much honestly. Was basically a gear reset, at least for armor. Exotic weapons can be upgraded at xur

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well thanks for the tips everyone, guess I will skip this one then.

I still don't see their 10 year plan. Unless they completely rework the foundation of the game, it will never "become more alive" that they used as a tagline to excuse the relatively poor reviews and reception it got at launch.

Certainly should have stayed far away from any mmo taglines. As just a fps, I think it is a very good game. Compared to the hype and what it was supposed to be, it fell short. The whole 10 year marketing plan just felt like taking the "magic launch patch" that mmos all are rumored to have, but never do, and extending it from launch to an arbitrary date a decade ahead, at witch point it won't be Destiny, but Destiny 3 or 4. Several months now and one DLC later, and doesn't sound like it has changed much. If anything, if the DLC has no story, it has taken a step back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They need to get rid of the fucking grind in this one. They think that by adding grinds to the game it will somehow make people play more. When all they need to do is just add more guns, more perks more gear and more gear perks and people will be happy to run the same shit over and over. All the grind does is it burns people out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They just need more content and lore/stories that actually make sense. A big step would be to make planets/moons large open and with meaningful content, not long corridors with the same spawns used to do the same handful of bounties.