Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Goatface

seeing comments about some data mined changes to the vault about splitting shaders and banners off into their own 10 slot categories but no screenshots or anything.

i would think, having each toon with a personal vault and shared vault would be the easiest for them to make and the old consoles to handle. as long as the DIM sees them all i don't care. think it is funny, i can be in the tower now and still will use DIM to grab something

spronk

FPS noob
xur is selling mida multi tool

4X4SR7o.jpg

logged in to buy mida (i have the 300 version so figure might as well buy the 331 for just 13 coins) and thought i'd maybe run the nightfall. started it solo with the idea of inviting ppl after i get to the first room. man fuck this shit the wizards and boomers basically 2 shot me and they take a million arc dmg bullets to kill. promptly closed destiny, not gonna give any fucks until the next xpac.

next week looks like its gonna be nexus with void for nightfall and no burns for heroic

Goatface

yeah it would suck solo, but other wise it is one of the best. ran it like 5 times last night, longest run took 15 mins that was with a L28 in tow.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Finding nightfall groups is so easy on destinylfg, there is zero reason to solo anything now.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We're playing ff14 until the next dlc. I may still pop in for weekly coins, but that's about it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, I'm pretty much out until next DLC. Playing bloodborne and probably DS2 when it hits for PS4.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm pretty much done too.

I never did Crota's End on Hard and, frankly, I don't care. I tried getting a group last week after finally getting Hunger of Crota maxxed out but people expect Gjallarhorn and experienced only. I've played enough MMOs to understand the mindset but it's still annoying.

And because I don't have one, Bungie needs to nerf Gjallarhorn into the ground. There should not be a weapon that is 100% RNG dropped that is "required" to get into groups. "LFM: Must be level 32 with Gjall" is my justification.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People are fucking stupid tbh, can't nerf that. For HM all it takes is for everyone to shoot a maxed rocket at the same time, gjallarhorn literally does nothing other than help make up for retards who don't know how to pull the trigger when someone says to fire

Goatface

for a game they want to milk for 10 years, they seem to be on autopilot for the most part.
don't know what big games playstation has planned for winter, but if they go 6 months after HoW with nothing before releasing Comet against Halo think they will get crushed.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
People are fucking stupid tbh, can't nerf that. For HM all it takes is for everyone to shoot a maxed rocket at the same time, gjallarhorn literally does nothing other than help make up for retards who don't know how to pull the trigger when someone says to fire
I agree people are retarded. But because they are retarded and enough of these retards are using the "LFM: Must be 32 with Gjall" requirement, Gjallarhorn is now unhealthy for the game. It's a simple case of the haves vs. the have nots. But in this game, I can't simply work harder and "earn" a Gjallarhorn. I have to rely completely on RNG and hope to get one. In an RNG situation like this, absolutely no weapon should be a requirement to possess before being allowed to participate in groups. If such a weapon is a requirement, there must be a way to earn it somehow. VOG did it well with Oracle weapons. There were enough Oracle weapons that dropped that you were likely to pick one up after a run or two. Requiring Gjallarhorn is the opposite though since there is no way I can run a specific strike or raid and will, likely, pick one up.

They may be stupid but I don't fault the players. They simply want to maximize the odds of making a run go as quickly and smoothly as possible. That's the whole MMO mindset. It's true that one guy with Gjallarhorn might be a total scrub while another guy without it is the best player ever. But in a LFG situation where you can't gauge their skill until they join your fireteam, you take the guy with the Gjallarhorn every time.

So I personally favor nerfing the ever-living-shit out of Gjallarhorn.

spronk

FPS noob
just lie and say you have gallahorn nobody ever checks. it takes 2 or 3 gallas to take down crotas shield in HM, or 4-5 other rockets. just shoot your primary at him when you aren't firing your rocket (1 per shield cycle)

and yeah unless HoW is some amaze balls shit (unlikely) or comet is free i can't see a ton of people buying comet

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
^ agreed. Just lie. As long as you have something with tracking rockets (truth, HoC, some random legendary with the perk) you will be fine in HM. NM is even less of a concern. And where are you looking for groups that have a gjallarhorn requirement? I ALWAYS do pickup groups for CE through destinylfg.net or reddit fireteams and very very rarely see the ghorn requirement. If and I do, I just skip it and choose one of the half dozen or so other groups looking to do the exact same raid.

edit: for Angelwatch: yeah the rng sucks sometimes and is frustrating. Most of us come from the EQ days and a lot of the desirable (even required stuff like keyed dungeon entry quest drops) stuff was completely random and/or only dropped for a limited time. I guess I/we're just used to it?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I played EQ from Kunark through Omens of War. But I hold video games to a different standard today than I did in 2002.

I'm half serious when I say to nerf Gjallarhorn into the ground. Having a weapon that is extremely overpowered is bad for the game. When designing an encounter you have to look at that OP weapon and decide 1. Make the encounter not require Gjallarhorn and groups with 6 will trivialize it or 2. Make the encounter require Gjallarhorn and tell a portion of the population to piss off. Both options are losing options.

I do all of my groups through destinylfg.net. Normal mode CE requirements aren't that bad and I usually get an invite within a couple of minutes of posting or responding to people's LFM messages. But this week I decided to try and get a Hard Mode run figuring that I might not have Gjallarhorn but I've got a maxxed Red Death for heals, maxxed Black Hammer and Ice Breaker for Snipers and maxxed Hunger of Crota as the "poor man's" Gjallarhorn for Crota. Never even got an invite because everyone required Gjallarhorn. I eventually asked myself why put up with this shit?, turned the game off and put in Bloodborne instead. Up until this week I was doing exactly what you said: VOG Hard X3, Nighftall X3, CE Normal X3. Right now the only exotics I'm missing are Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman, and Gjallarhorn. That's Bungie's biggest achilles heel: Having people ask why bother and go off to play something else instead and they've been really lucky there hasn't been much competition until now.

Again, I don't blame the population. They are mostly idiots for putting stupid requirements like that which aren't necessary but they want quick and smooth runs. So if someone has a Gjallarhorn and someone does not, the person with will get picked 100% of the time over the guy without. I don't know you, I won't raid with you ever again after this run so I want to maximize my chances of getting through it fast. And that's why Gjallarhorn should be nerfed.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Or design the encounter around crit hits doing massively more damage than non-crits, making rockets in general inferior to other choices. Gjallarhorn doesn't even provide a DPS advantage on atheon (or really any advantage on him) due to this

Bungie went the opposite direction of course "lol what crits, all DPS on a shield"

spronk

FPS noob
theres no point doing pick up raids when all you are missing is a few exotics, the time:loot ratio is insanely poor. instead just keep an eye out for someone giving away a gorgon checkpoint and loot that 3x a week (if you are hardcore can do it 6x by looting normal then hm, you get double exotic drop chance), do NF 3x a week, and do weekly 3x for coins if under 200 coins. if you are bored you could join a atheon HM only group mid week for a quick chance but again the time:chance ratio is a poor investment there.

i haven't run any raid at all in 2 months but still find a gorgon CP every week (usually someone on reddit or twitch gives them away for 2-3 hours on wed, fri, sun) and have gotten 8+ exotics from it, have every single exotic weapon and almost all of them were from NFs and gorgon. While some weeks gorgon gives nothing but shit over time it pays off.

The raid problem is the same as MMOs, over time it becomes self selecting so that all the good players stop raiding since there is literally nothing for them. so you just end up with a dwindling pool of newbies and bad players all fighting each other over every mistake.

Goatface

never see anyone sharing nm gorgon.
for my group been tracking last 5 weeks x 6 people x 3 toons each = 12 exotics (2 Gjallarhorns)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gjallarhorn is a two edged sword. It drives you insane until you get it, and once you have it you realize it isn't necessary for current content and it just takes up your exotic weapon slot.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Gjallarhorn is a two edged sword. It drives you insane until you get it, and once you have it you realize it isn't necessary for current content and it just takes up your exotic weapon slot.
So much this. Got a friend who I help with nightfalls every week because he desperatly wants one, but I try to explain to him that the weapon is mostly epeen. Also the RNG is fucking rediculous, in the time since launch basicaly , I have gotten 3 of them while he has not gotten a single one. Could we please have trade injected into this game? Do it like diablo, trade within the group that does the encounter only.