Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which weapon did you ascend first? I've heard a lot of people say they did Fatebringer or VoC first. I am very tempted to do so, but honestly, in PoE I use Fang of Ir Yut often and am considering ascending that first. Am I crazy?

spronk

FPS noob
If you PVP a lot a sniper rifle and shotgun are the best things to ascend first, they are clutch weps for ToO. stuff like low grade humility, party crasher +1, matador 64, LDR
Sniper - Rifle and Reforging Tier List for PvP : DestinyTheGame

fatebringer is usually the #1 choice in PVE cuz it just does so much more damage on arc nightfalls and POE. Black hammer would probably be second choice, since it can essentially stunlock many of the bosses without requiring reloads. For Skolas burn, a 365 high impact sniper rifle like LDR is even better than P&T but just by a little (9k dmg vs 7k but less bullets per mag) Ir Yut is good but fatebringer is unequivocally a better weapon in the same elemental class, you get like 6 or 7 dregs together and 2 shots can kill em all.

honestly for PVE its whatever you want, you don't "need" any 365 weps to clear 32/34/35 POE other than gallahorn and maybe 4h/PandT (all exotic), maybe if a void burn exists you'll want to ascend a void LDR/efreets/praedyth's revenge/etc. Thats assuming you still want to bother 35 POE, there really isn't much of a reason to do it if all your chars are 34, the elemental wep drops are shitty.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Spronk. I loathe PVP, so I won't bother ascending with that in mind. I do want to try ToO eventually, but am in no hurry to see how impossible it will be for me to get to Mercury.

From what I've heard about PoE 35, I really don't want to do it. It sounds like HM Crota x10, which I hated every second of as well. Once I got all of his drops, I never did Crota HM again.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
After playing this game since the 2nd week after launch I FINALLY got myself a Gjallarhorn. I am now one of haves instead of being a have-not.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
After playing this game since the 2nd week after launch I FINALLY got myself a Gjallarhorn. I am now one of haves instead of being a have-not.
Congratulations! Got two friends in the same, i.e. no G-horn, situation and it is really painful how much harder stuff is when you compare 3xG-horn with being the only one with it
frown.png
Gotta love that RNG....

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got my ghorn over the weekend too! Was doing the 28 poe for story/unlock and got super lucky on the chest. Now my group has 2 ghorns. Cant wait to get it leveled up.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Got my ghorn over the weekend too! Was doing the 28 poe for story/unlock and got super lucky on the chest. Now my group has 2 ghorns. Cant wait to get it leveled up.
Grats man.....its funny because until you unlock the wolfpack rounds you wonder what all the fuss was about. Then once you get those unlock the ghorn turns into a beast.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Once again it strikes me just how fucked up the G-horn is. Struggled for hours in my normal group with just my G-horn, then jumped into a sorta pickup group from the clan where all had it.

We walked in to the boss room, put the titan shield down and 25ish shots later we collected the loot.... its not even funny how this weapon trivialize the game.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
SO Im just not getting this.

Picked this up last night, hadnt bothered till now because of witcher.

So I upgraded a couple exotics guns because I had the stuff. Upgraded a helm so I can start to 33. Wasnt sure what the deal with Vendor guns was. So I picked up a Red Hand IX and rerollled it to a few good rolls but its still 331 so I still have to upgrade it. So really the only reason to buy and vendor guns at this point is for the reforge perk, right? If I already had a Red Hand I wouldnt have needed to buy it and there is no perk to that. So basically guns seem like thenew stuff is no better than t he old stuff, its just a choice to preference? Thats cool if so, but I feel liek I missing something.

AS for Armor...the vendor armor isnt any better than the Crota armor IMHO so why would I buy that and ascend it? Why not just ascend Kabrs Titan armor? is this just all about choice again? Am I crazy?

spronk

FPS noob
the poe armor has some perks that are good inside POE so thats i guess a reason to buy them. plus you don't need etheric light to upgrade them to 34, just raw mats. the vendor versions though so far are all strength so they are pretty shitty. but yeah in essence getting to 34 has a variety of ways, a few weapons are worth upgrading to 365 but most are still junk. there are virtually no good new weapons from the new DLC, the standard loadouts of gally/icebreaker/LDR/fatebringer/VOC/4h/thunderlord/etc reigns supreme

this weeks nightfall is arc/solar with primary buff so fatebring is insane. this week skolas is void so snipe for a while, disarm mines, kill. without arc or solar burn its easier to do it legit and pass the poison around i guess, no 1 shots from shanks and snipers.

patch today too
News > Destiny Update - 06/02/2015 | Bungie.net
more key drops (1 guaranteed), ammo synths stack to 100

in other news red bull gives you wings and apparently a flaming sword for comet this fall

22116199bl.jpg

22116200pw.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
1.2.0.2 - The one that addresses some House of Wolves issues

Ever since House of Wolves was released, we've been following player feedback on multiple fronts. These changes to the player experience are being deployed to correct a few issues that you've noticed - as well as a few we noticed.

Key Highlights
The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests

Prison of Elders
Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests
Class Items will now drop from Level 32, Level 34, and Level 35
Fixed a bug in which the Ship (Hildian Seeker) did not drop under certain circumstances
Fixed a bug in which the 'Elder Cipher' Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full
You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the 'Elder Cipher' Bounty
Damage caused by Qodron's Gaze is reduced by 25%
Damage multiplier for the Jailbreaker buff increased by 100%

Trials of Osiris
Fixed an issue in which Trials of Osiris emblems were not sent to the Postmaster if your Emblem inventory was full
Passage Coins can now be dismantled

Weekly Heroics
Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic strikes did not award engrams (Note: Tooltip will not display them as rewards)

World
Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests
Ether Chests may only be looted once per spawn
Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened
Ether Chests will now grant a small amount of Queen's Wrath reputation when opened
Ether Chests now have a chance to drop Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment

Quests
Petra will no longer display a quest waypoint for players who have not purchased House of Wolves
Fixed a bug in which players abandoning the 'Gone to Ground' quest were still being directed to the Venus Patrol

Bounties
The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key

Weapons
Fixed a bug in which the 1.2.0.1 hotfix mistakenly did not contain the 1.1.1 Fusion Rifle balance changes. As a result, players were playing with its pre-1.1.1 weapon balance state. The original fix has been re-applied.

Items
Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each
Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mostly great changes in the patch. I did love sparrow racing though.

What are the details on the red bull promo? Bonus xp now sounds nice. Too bad i don't drink the stuff.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played this since around 3 weeks after it released. Think I am level 26 or something. Never done a raid, so have no uber or specific named gear at all. Believe I had a golden shotgun that was the worst of all the golden things when it first came out. I have tried one story mission from the previous DLC thing but never any of the raids or group encounters.

As I have the season pass I guess I should try this wolves thing. What should I focus on to get to do the encounters? Any specific weapons I should focus on getting? I see people mention a gjallahorn? I've no idea what that is. Last I remember, everyone was after the golden fusion rifle or whatever that shot really fast, but guess that might be obsolete now?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Everything is randomly rewarded, just do level appropriate things and you'll do fine. What you keep calling golden weapons are exotics.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spronk, where did those images come from? Seems like an E3 announcement to me
Some guy posted them on Twitter, and they made their way around. Wonder what the expansion name means "The Taken King"..doesn't sound like Cabal or Vex, the little red symbol below it reminds me of Hive or Fallen. Guessing this will be the Destiny reveal at E3 showing off the big "comet" expansion this Fall.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some guy posted them on Twitter, and they made their way around. Wonder what the expansion name means "The Taken King"..doesn't sound like Cabal or Vex, the little red symbol below it reminds me of Hive or Fallen. Guessing this will be the Destiny reveal at E3 showing off the big "comet" expansion this Fall.
It would be nice if it was about the exo stranger or whomever she's working with/for, but I doubt it.

The only thing I can think of is the warmind Charlemagne. We haven't really gotten any real story about the warminds outside of a few mentions of Rasputin so it would be nice to explore that lore.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It would be nice if it was about the exo stranger or whomever she's working with/for, but I doubt it.

The only thing I can think of is the warmind Charlemagne. We haven't really gotten any real story about the warminds outside of a few mentions of Rasputin so it would be nice to explore that lore.
Did each planet have its own warmind? It seemed that earth / mars were covered by Rasputin.

Goatface

officially multiple with an unknown total.

supposedly someone where in the story are some lines about many being made and each planet having one as people keep saying there are 7-9 total.