Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
My PSN is schnarkie if anyone wants to group up. Been playing alot of IB last few days. We all seem to be enjoying it quite a bit still. I'm the only one in the group without a Ghorn though so that is always fun. Playing with a group of about 12-14. Tough to raid because people have to sit out but still a lot of fun. Honestly i'm still enjoying the raids more than POE.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just started playing this again. Up to 32 on my hunter with a Ghorn. If you guys need a +1 for raids and POE let me know. PS4 tag is Birgrim.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The lagged players in IB I'm experiencing seems unreal. I'm wondering if there's a mod or packet distorter being used. It's like fighting fucking Nightcrawler.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The lagged players in IB I'm experiencing seems unreal. I'm wondering if there's a mod or packet distorter being used. It's like fighting fucking Nightcrawler.
Yeah ran into this alot playing crucible last week. Seems common enough now that there has to be something out on the market. wayyyyyyy too many lagged out players.

Goatface

nothing really new, bungie really doesn't seem to care much about it. they had to take notice of some of the cheating in ToO as it was so much easier report.

but like everything else, once people started talking about how people were cheating a whole new crop of people will start to use it.

spronk

FPS noob
they've been banning people from PVP who logged out (to avoid a loss) in ToO, a few people on reddit have posted about it.

A lot of what seems like cheating (lagging) really isn't. The game isn't server-hosted, its P2P. So if you get a 12 player crucible match and the person hosting it is on wifi in another country, its almost certainly going to fuck things up. Usually the game does a pretty decent job of assigning the host to a person with a decent connection in your region, but I've had a few games where when you check the connection bars (options, go right to list of players and you see green/yellow/red bars for each one) are terrible. If my team is losing I just leave since its going to be hopeless.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
they've been banning people from PVP who logged out (to avoid a loss) in ToO, a few people on reddit have posted about it.

A lot of what seems like cheating (lagging) really isn't. The game isn't server-hosted, its P2P. So if you get a 12 player crucible match and the person hosting it is on wifi in another country, its almost certainly going to fuck things up. Usually the game does a pretty decent job of assigning the host to a person with a decent connection in your region, but I've had a few games where when you check the connection bars (options, go right to list of players and you see green/yellow/red bars for each one) are terrible. If my team is losing I just leave since its going to be hopeless.
Well this weekend has been a routine of the top 2-3 players having grey connections and being borderland immortal... over and over and over and over and over again. According to the people I play with this is normal for events. Apparently as soon as there are events going on, most high scoring players suddenly develop "lag" issues. As soon as the event stop, however, things are usualy pretty decent I am told.

That being said, this weekend has been pretty fun as soon as we have fielded a full clan group to do IB. Once you get away from the usual mouthbreathers you can have some fun and get some gear. I do wish they would seperate solo/group play and put in a skill-match system. Going up against a full random group that cant even hit shit is not very challaging, and when you play solo its not much fun going up against groups.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been playing Iron Banner and started out at 32 and the people I play with love to blame dying on the other person being 34. "Dude, if I was 34 though.." Apparently the difference between being 32 (we're all 33 now) and 34 is something like 15% in Iron Banner. But hey, some people need excuses.

vynde_sl

shitlord
That being said, this weekend has been pretty fun as soon as we have fielded a full clan group to do IB. Once you get away from the usual mouthbreathers you can have some fun and get some gear. I do wish they would seperate solo/group play and put in a skill-match system. Going up against a full random group that cant even hit shit is not very challaging, and when you play solo its not much fun going up against groups.
Totally agree. I've always gone in solo to the past iron banners and it was an uphill battle hitting rank 5. This time I just went on destiny lfg and found some people. They weren't amazing (skill wise) but they were mellow people, communicated well, and did not rage at each other when we lost. I was able to get rank 5 with 2 characters. I would have loved to do my 3rd character but I'm out of time.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Most all of my group has quit this or only do crucible now. If anyone needs a 3rd for anything add Wantonsoup95 for psn. I mostly only play my titan.

Column_sl

shitlord
Apparently some info got leaked pre E3, source IGN

Alleged leaked marketing materials have revealed more details about Destiny's big expansion rumoured to hit in September, further adding weight to its long-rumoured name of The Taken King.

According to the marketing sheet leaked to Kotaku and corroborated by the publication with other sources, The Taken King will launch September 15 for US$40.

The new content will offer a new subclass and new elemental super ability for each of the three character classes. Warlocks will get an electrical storm (arc), Hunters will receive a gravity bow (void), while Titans will have a flaming hammer (solar).

The expansion will introduce new Strikes, new PvP maps and, unlike last expansion House of Wolves, a new raid that was confirmed by Bungie in April. According to today's leak, the new raid boss is apparently Oryx, the father of Crota's End raid boss, Crota. Oryx heads a new class of enemies called the Taken as he seeks to strike revenge for the death of his son.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
before hitting play, i knew it would be solar burn, gjallarhorn and warlock with self rez

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
before hitting play, i knew it would be solar burn, gjallarhorn and warlock with self rez
But were you aware that it'd be 15 minutes of heavy ammo farming first? Starts with 1:30 of actual fight, then 15 minutes of ice breaker killing, then one minute of boss killing. Besides the one noob death, he only used the res to counteract the first devouring. Not to mention he farmed about twice as much heavy as he needed.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, the 35 POE is exactly what I was afraid it was going to be. Took 2+ hours to get to Skolas, and we tried him for about another 2 hours, then had to call it a night and now I'll have to start back at square one next time. Ugh! (and for me that's a lot. I usually can squeeze in 2 hours a night TOTAL, with juggling work, wife, and toddler)

Round 4 is a complete bitch. The Fallen VIP with special weapon buff. The buff seems to affect the captains too, since they can 1 or 2 shot you, and there are tons of them around the VIP. Unless were missing something that makes it easier, we barely beat it after trying for an hour +.

Skolas mechanics were easy to understand. We got him as low as 15% but every time I would go out to dismantle mines, I'd die before the other 2 guys could finish him off. We just couldn't burn him down fast enough (three 34s with ghorns).

So any of you vets wanna run the 35 with me sometime this week? I just want to beat it once for the emblem and grimore, then never do it again!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Trying to get back in to this, havent played either of the expansions really. I played very very heavily at release. I have ever exotic from the original release for my titan.

Is there a guide on where to start or a farming guide to get back to max level asap?

spronk

FPS noob
Round 4 is a complete bitch. The Fallen VIP with special weapon buff. The buff seems to affect the captains too, since they can 1 or 2 shot you, and there are tons of them around the VIP. Unless were missing something that makes it easier, we barely beat it after trying for an hour +.

Skolas mechanics were easy to understand. We got him as low as 15% but every time I would go out to dismantle mines, I'd die before the other 2 guys could finish him off. We just couldn't burn him down fast enough (three 34s with ghorns).
for round 4 captain, when the round starts drop a bubble (titan should have saint 14) in front of the doorway. the vip always spawns in the same spots, its the doorway on the right side of the arena (facing as you are running in) halfway around the circle. The special mob will be the 6th or 7th mob that spawns but with a saint 14 bubble its easy, they are all blinded so you can triple shotgun them all quickly. the titan should have bastion perk (15 secs longer bubble).

and yeah POE 35 is like 10x easier if you have very specific loadouts. 1-3 titans with saint 14. everyone with gallahorn. black hammer sniper rifle and VoC. ironically all gear from launch, which says a lot I think. it is completely retarded there are no checkpoints for skolas, i get they don't want everyone sharing a CP like atheon/crota but they could have used the trials passage idea to make the checkpoint personal (need 2 people also on the CP, new people can't get it). I only kill skolas on my titan since its super easy to get a group on the boss desperate for titan bubbles.

This is apparently another spot that might be easier to kill skolas (right side of arena all the way back), i dunno. i've jumped in there on ammo runs and seen captains jump in and melee but maybe it will work better. imo 3x black hammers to get skolas to 50% and then gallahorning him works better, and i've done it both ways. but again completely ludicrous that having a very, very specific loading (1-2 titans with s14, black hammer, gallahorn) makes the fight possible whereas without that loadout the fight is like 10x harder.