Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I saw 15 for the pvp and 15 for the heroic story daily. I did both and sharded some legendaries today and only got 39 total marks.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I kinda have the same question. I'll be snatching up the Uncharted PS4 bundle and was wondering if this was worth the repurchase on PS4. I haven't played it in many many months at this point.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if I was underwhelmed by the base game, think this is worth picking up and trying?
For me, pretty much everything is more fun now, and I wasn't too interested in playing until my friends convinced me to again. Some of the new pvp maps are cool, feels more Halo'ish. I love that we can get swords now too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Stormcaller is tits. Warlock is now a Sith Sorceror.

A little disappointed that the "new race" is just a reskin but at least they have new abilities to go with it. I guess it lets them have a large mix of units to throw at you without spending more than a weekend on art.

Still wish loading the tower didn't take as long as a whole goddamn planet. That just immediately makes me grumble about console peasantry.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I kinda have the same question. I'll be snatching up the Uncharted PS4 bundle and was wondering if this was worth the repurchase on PS4. I haven't played it in many many months at this point.
I hated this game since it launched. It was completely deprived of soul, you could tell everything was cut and repackaged as DLC for a revenue stream, and the story was non existent. I was pissed they promised this huge entire awesome world and then delivered absolutely nothing on it aside from good shooting mechanics and decent music. The leveling system post 20 was awful, the itemization was awful, and RNG loot system rewarding hours of challenge was usually met with complete frustration when you would receive a blue engram, for ANOTHER class you couldn't even use.

It was pathetic.

I read about how the story was better and I picked it up based on giving it ONE last shot.

Now I am pissed it wasn't this way the entire time. The characters have depth, I actually laughed out loud at a few of the comments made by one (Cayde I think?) and the cut scenes and story line (Including back story) are just absolutely fantastic. Leveling is based off experience now instead of light, and loot you can actually use drops now during the story missions as you progress and later on you won't be rewarded with junk loot anymore. Aside from that the new Hunter Subclass is hilariously awesome with the new abilities. I am throwing a grenade that brings up a wall of pain to the Taken, and then on top of that I am also firing a a sweet bow and arrow Super power. The voice acting is better, I even like the ghost better now that Dinklage isn't doing it.

So it is definitely worth the 40 bucks to give it a shot again.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Only got a few minutes to play this morning, first mission and the tower followup dialogues are like 100x better than the rest of the game, it's really awesome. When your own ship flies in at the cabal base, $$

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I hated this game since it launched. It was completely deprived of soul, you could tell everything was cut and repackaged as DLC for a revenue stream, and the story was non existent. I was pissed they promised this huge entire awesome world and then delivered absolutely nothing on it aside from good shooting mechanics and decent music. The leveling system post 20 was awful, the itemization was awful, and RNG loot system rewarding hours of challenge was usually met with complete frustration when you would receive a blue engram, for ANOTHER class you couldn't even use.

It was pathetic.

I read about how the story was better and I picked it up based on giving it ONE last shot.

Now I am pissed it wasn't this way the entire time. The characters have depth, I actually laughed out loud at a few of the comments made by one (Cayde I think?) and the cut scenes and story line (Including back story) are just absolutely fantastic. Leveling is based off experience now instead of light, and loot you can actually use drops now during the story missions as you progress and later on you won't be rewarded with junk loot anymore. Aside from that the new Hunter Subclass is hilariously awesome with the new abilities. I am throwing a grenade that brings up a wall of pain to the Taken, and then on top of that I am also firing a a sweet bow and arrow Super power. The voice acting is better, I even like the ghost better now that Dinklage isn't doing it.

So it is definitely worth the 40 bucks to give it a shot again.
I enjoyed it for the most part at release for about a month then I just got bored out of nowhere. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
cayde is voiced by nathon fillion, btw
The guy is awesome. Love his voice acting.

My favorite line so far, and I completely laughed out loud for about 10 seconds. About 6-7 missions into the story.

When you retrieve the stealth for your ship so you can land on the dreadnaught, and after some time there is a mission when you go back and have to destroy a tank. In the meantime, there are enemies pouring in from everywhere. You are given strategic resupplies of your heavy weapon, and you just continually pound away whenever you can. It's just madness. And at the end of all that, the tank is finally destroyed after about 5 minutes of ridiculous fighting all over the place, the entire area calms down... And Cayde starts getting razzed by the other leaders because the entire mission wasn't authorized, and it was a BAD idea... Cayde replies, "It's only a bad idea if it doesn't work!"

I LOVED that one timer comeback from Cayde.

Hit light 195, we just farmed the crap out of court of orx.

We took 9 people there and just cleared it for hours. Even got the level 300 version of the boss to 1% health.

Was fun, will take a crack at beating it tomorrow, if anyone is around 270+ let me or the fourth know, will invite you.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Are there any changes to the original content? Or life improvement that will affect the original play experience?

I had only made it to 13 back when it came out. I am thinking of just starting a new character to get back into it(both gameplay wise and story), since 13 isn't that high.

Any suggestion on classes for someone mostly planning on soloing?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
So should I just start back from lvl 1 or something? Did they go back and redo the entire game?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Life improvements are better storage, removal of class-specific upgrade mats, things like items that will track harvest points on your mini map (ghosts/class item slots are now basically trinket slots instead of totally useless), smarter loot, a quest tracker, collection-style vendors to buy back shit you've thrown away and umm you don't have to form a fireteam to get group chat. Also weapons have more clearly defined roles.

Content wise, the most significant is a third subclass for everyone.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There's no reason to start over, you'll see the new stuff just from the questline + doing daily bounties anyway.

Mostly you just have taken invasions that show up. Kill enough and a boss will appear.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure the good feelings will turn to rage in a few days when people start to realize how much grinding and how tedious it is to get beyond 250 light level. imo its a lot worse than day 0 destiny earth patrol mats grinding, especially since you can't just pvp or run strikes to farm marks. On the plus side once you do slog your way to 280 its pretty much "i got a gally, fuck all of you" mode

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People are bitching about this on reddit, but remember, engram drops seem to be more common, each weapon can be upgraded by even blues, engram are decrypting based off your current light level (or so it seems so far). And weapons and armor can both be deconstructed for marks too. So I dont think it will be that bad as people are making it out to be. They are stuck in the 1.0 mindset that the only way to progress is to buy vendor legendaries which is totally not true this time around, since you can have greens and blues be 240+. The only thing that would be different is the perks the gear has compared to legendaries. And the only point to all this grind is to have enough light for the activities that give you the true shit you want to be wearing anyways, which is raid and nightfall type shit.

Which brings me to my second point, dont mass decrypt all of your engrams like we all did in the past. Do it one by one, equip the best def/attack, even if its shit you are never going to use, and then decript the next one. It seems like the higher light level you are, the better def/attack the shit decrypts to which in turn gives you more light level.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Got this really funny, weird, cool quest last night. I was during Patrol missing in the Cosmodrome, when I suddenly got a new quest....I didn't touch a beacon or anything.

I forget the name of the quest, but it was something like "A cryptic puzzle", and when you hit the pad for more details, it just gave me a string of ???????? ???? ??????.

As I slowly killed things, the question marks filled in, until the first one said something like "Get Headshot Kills". After I completed that one, it went to the second stage, and I got another string of ??? ????? ?????. After killing a few more mobs the string filled out to something like "Kill Enemy Combatants".

After that I got a third ??? ??? ?????? string. This time killing mobs did not reveal any clues. After a while a few of the ? revealed themselves, I'm not sure if it was time based or anything I did in particular, but I figured out that the remaining letters spelled "Dance for your Reward".

Sure enough after doing the dance emote I got some glimmer and mats! Not the best reward or anything, but it was fun and different than anything else I've seen in Destiny so far. I hope there's more secret stuff like that in this expansion.