Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
when you infuse something it goes 2-4 levels below the item you burned. so a 294 blue (or purple, no difference as far as infusion goes) would infuse something up to 289-292. since most armor perks are crap anyways basically most people should be going into the raid with a full set of 290-299 blues.

raid is opening friday, mobs will start at light 290 apparently. pretty dumb on bungies part, should have said raid is locked for 2 weeks so people can take their time.

the best way to level light is just run level 36 strikes infinite times, slowly upgrading your gear via blue engrams. 240, 245, 250, 255, etc small bumps at a time. engrams are locked when they drop so you want to roll in the strikes with your highest level gear equipped, its based on equip not inventory too which is lame. dreadnaught is awesome and filled with crazy awesome hidden mobs, secrets, chests, etc but end of the day its not very effective from a time/gear standpoint.

ironically legendary marks are basically just there to give starting gear to alts, there really isn't anything work buying if you want to pve. way better just amassing vast numbers of engrams and using them to bunny hop up levels.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am torn about this game. I like pretty much everything about this game as it is now, even as a casual player. But the pricing policy by Activision/Bungie seems like a huge ripoff to me. I find it curious that everyone on this board seems totally fine with it. I mean i bought the game a year ago for 69 Euros, played it for a few days but was ultimately let down by the marketing shenanigans they pulled off: after a few days there was nothing to do but insane grinds for marginal upgrades by doing the pitiful storymissions over and over, bleh. The 2 previous DLCS were a farce as well so i never bought them. Now i am supposed to pay another 69 Euros to get the game as it should have been at release? This is really testing my principles.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The pricing model is ok IMO, its like all other DLC type games. The shady shit they do though is fuck everyone without the latest expansion by locking out certain portions of what they have already paid for. and thats wrong IMO.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I really need a good "catch up if you haven't played since Vault of Glass" guide for Taken King.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Rolled over 4 reps, mats for all of them. QQ. Yes gunsmith gives you a package just like other reps.

What's the ATK on completed Armsday weapons? Or will it be a surprise to everyone come next weds?

Do you think doing story missions on hard will help with getting more lewtz? The only thing I ever noticed a year ago was a lot of extra Fuck You and some piddly bonus XP at the end. But that was when drops were nearly meaningless. With the DLCs still to do I have a ton of low level story missions that I can bump to 240 light. (I'm at 220ish atm, no idea how much that gimps me)

Another mystery to consider: Since loot is based on your worn light level, does wearing old gear gimp your crucible reward? Not that I ever get one.

Most stuff I try to look up is either obsolete or bad speculation based on beta dev comments.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Rolled over 4 reps, mats for all of them. QQ. Yes gunsmith gives you a package just like other reps.

What's the ATK on completed Armsday weapons? Or will it be a surprise to everyone come next weds?

Do you think doing story missions on hard will help with getting more lewtz? The only thing I ever noticed a year ago was a lot of extra Fuck You and some piddly bonus XP at the end. But that was when drops were nearly meaningless. With the DLCs still to do I have a ton of low level story missions that I can bump to 240 light. (I'm at 220ish atm, no idea how much that gimps me)

Another mystery to consider: Since loot is based on your worn light level, does wearing old gear gimp your crucible reward? Not that I ever get one.

Most stuff I try to look up is either obsolete or bad speculation based on beta dev comments.
People were able to get them wednesday morning, should be some infos on em

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when you infuse something it goes 2-4 levels below the item you burned. so a 294 blue (or purple, no difference as far as infusion goes) would infuse something up to 289-292. since most armor perks are crap anyways basically most people should be going into the raid with a full set of 290-299 blues.

raid is opening friday, mobs will start at light 290 apparently. pretty dumb on bungies part, should have said raid is locked for 2 weeks so people can take their time.

the best way to level light is just run level 36 strikes infinite times, slowly upgrading your gear via blue engrams. 240, 245, 250, 255, etc small bumps at a time. engrams are locked when they drop so you want to roll in the strikes with your highest level gear equipped, its based on equip not inventory too which is lame. dreadnaught is awesome and filled with crazy awesome hidden mobs, secrets, chests, etc but end of the day its not very effective from a time/gear standpoint.

ironically legendary marks are basically just there to give starting gear to alts, there really isn't anything work buying if you want to pve. way better just amassing vast numbers of engrams and using them to bunny hop up levels.
The best way to raise light lvl is just saving up your engrams while you're out doing whatever, then decode them one at a time at the Cryptard. If the item you get is higher, equip it and decode another one, etc. Same is true for accepting care packages from Faction / Cryptard / Gunsmith, since all those items can be rewarded at higher light levels than the stuff you can buy which is locked at 280.

This has been a pretty fun dlc/expansion so far, there is a lot more content (quests) that open up after you have your little fight with Oryx, including a long series of quests that end with getting an exotic scout rifle from Petra (Boolean Gemini), but make sure your faction with Queen / Variks is 2+.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All the Gunsmith orders show up on the Bungie Armory as 280, but no idea if they get bumped up to your current light level when you accept them.

spronk

FPS noob
the absolute fastest way to raise your light level is to chain run vanguard 36 strikes. we're talking dozens of them daily. you get a slight bonus for chain running. just equip every upgrade you get, and take a break every now and then to turn in engrams. marks and stuff are really completely unnecessary, only after you have a ton of 297+ blue gear you can buy legendary gear and infuse it with the blue gear you get from 36 strikes.

we are talking 15-40 hours of strike running though to hit 290, depending on RNG

infusion is also cross class, so you can take your main extra titan armor and infuse it onto your hunter and warlock gear. So really the most important thing is getting 1 char to 300, then you can take all his extra crap and turn your alts into 300 pretty rapidly for just 3 legendary marks per slot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
the absolute fastest way to raise your light level is to chain run vanguard 36 strikes. we're talking dozens of them daily. you get a slight bonus for chain running. just equip every upgrade you get, and take a break every now and then to turn in engrams. marks and stuff are really completely unnecessary, only after you have a ton of 297+ blue gear you can buy legendary gear and infuse it with the blue gear you get from 36 strikes.

we are talking 15-40 hours of strike running though to hit 290, depending on RNG

infusion is also cross class, so you can take your main extra titan armor and infuse it onto your hunter and warlock gear. So really the most important thing is getting 1 char to 300, then you can take all his extra crap and turn your alts into 300 pretty rapidly for just 3 legendary marks per slot.
Yeah, I told you that marks were overrated. No one is even buying the vendor stuff except maybe the ghost shell and maybe a weapon you are lacking. Its useless to buy vendor shit thats 280 when you can get 290+ blues and purps in court of orix or strike list. Im sure they will come into play later, but not now.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I told you that marks were overrated. No one is even buying the vendor stuff except maybe the ghost shell and maybe a weapon you are lacking. Its useless to buy vendor shit thats 280 when you can get 290+ blues and purps in court of orix or strike list. Im sure they will come into play later, but not now.
A couple quick questions:

Future of War rep means I can buy items with Int and Disc on them or something correct? I want armor that helps the CD's on my Bow and Arrow and Grenades. And how do I make sure my rep goes to future of War?

What is infusing and how do I do it?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You mean future war cult? Well you have to pledge allegiance to that faction dude, and then some of your rep will go towards FWC. But I would not buy any of that shit because, again, its pretty useless if you can get blue and purple drops from just playing the game that are better.

As far as infusing if you open up the weapon/armor perks (purple or better) there is an icon on the left with yellow on it, so if you have the marks and the mats you can infuse a higher attack/def item to it to raise its atk/def. You can use purples as well as blues for the infusion. So lets say you got a nice purple gun that you really like but its only 220 attack, then you find a blue one with 250 attack later, you can infuse the blue 250 gun to make yours about 240ish.