Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Keyboard and Mouse on a PS4

Anyone have any experience with this? I've been trying to look into it, but I suppose since it seems kind of frowned on, I'm finding jack all on reviews. It seems like the Xim4 and the Titan One are the most popular devices to achieve this?

Anyone have any first hand experience with anything?

Had a friend give me Destiny, which looks fun, but I fucking loathe FPS on a controller, so, looking for options.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a XIM4 and actually went back to the controller. It's okay and will quell the average PC converts contempt for controllers. HOWEVER, do not expect perfection. The mouse acceleration is laggy. The whole experience feels a bit laggy to be honest. I expected I'd be getting thrall headshots much more often, it just wasn't the case. You'll likely spend a bit of time finding the right sensitivity settings for each game. Adjusting the XIM app, your mouse DPI, and in game sensitivity all affect the experience in different ways. Overall, I'd say for me, it wasn't worth the 145$. I'm not trying to paint a bad review on it. Honestly I wanted so much from it, because I LOATHE the ps4 controller for FPS, so my expectations from the XIM were probably too high. I feel it will give you average results if you're already adept w/ a controller. If you are terribad w/ a controller, it will likely give you the results you expected (familiarity and success).

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Encounters are so meh, we got youtubers suggesting encounter design now. (This is actually a pretty decent boss idea, relative to what we've seen)

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I have a XIM4 and actually went back to the controller. It's okay and will quell the average PC converts contempt for controllers. HOWEVER, do not expect perfection. The mouse acceleration is laggy. The whole experience feels a bit laggy to be honest. I expected I'd be getting thrall headshots much more often, it just wasn't the case. You'll likely spend a bit of time finding the right sensitivity settings for each game. Adjusting the XIM app, your mouse DPI, and in game sensitivity all affect the experience in different ways. Overall, I'd say for me, it wasn't worth the 145$. I'm not trying to paint a bad review on it. Honestly I wanted so much from it, because I LOATHE the ps4 controller for FPS, so my expectations from the XIM were probably too high. I feel it will give you average results if you're already adept w/ a controller. If you are terribad w/ a controller, it will likely give you the results you expected (familiarity and success).
You must really have screwed up your Xim settings if that is the result you get. Mine works flawlessly (can head-shot anything), the only issue is the bloody auto-aim that the game do not allow you to turn off. It actually drags your cross-hairs FROM your current target if something passes between you and the target.

(oh, and while Im complaining, can we PLEASE get a fucking music volume setting in the game? I would prefer my own music thank you very much. I know you spent millions on McCartney writing something in 10 min but seriously....)

Edit: Tauntworth, what mouse are you using? I noticed the first mouse I used sucked for the Xim, but then I changed to a Logitech G600 and changed sensativity on it on the PC before connecting it to the Xim. It went from sluggish to laser precision in a jiffy. Might be your issue with it?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah I'm thinking it is, Faith. Using an old Razer Mamba, but ordered a logitech G502 the other day. We'll see how it goes.

And yeah, the inability to adjust music STILL is a bit annoying.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which headsets are you guys using? Looking for some rerolled reviews or recommendations. Looking for best bang for my buck under $100.

Sony gold $95
Sony silver $35
hyper x cloud $70

Don't care if they are wireless since I'll use them 99% of the time just for ps4 gaming. Leaning towards the hypers after reading some reviews online but was hoping for some first hand reviews from the crew.

Thanks

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I bought these awhile back:

Amazon.com: Turtle Beach Ear Force P12 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Mobile Devices - FFP (TBS-3250-01AM): Video Games
Turtle Beach Ear Force P12 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Mobile Devices - FFP (TBS-3250-01AM)

I like them. They're corded but it's a really long cord. They're comfortable and I've worn them for a couple hours at a time without an issue. And they're cheap (though not as cheap as the ones Lenas posted).

spronk

FPS noob
Which headsets are you guys using? Looking for some rerolled reviews or recommendations. Looking for best bang for my buck under $100.

Sony gold $95
Sony silver $35
hyper x cloud $70

Don't care if they are wireless since I'll use them 99% of the time just for ps4 gaming. Leaning towards the hypers after reading some reviews online but was hoping for some first hand reviews from the crew.

Thanks
i use golds and love em, wireless is nice since you can get up and get a drink and shit while waiting on console loading screens. The golds also work on PC as wired or wireless (dongle) so its pretty versatile.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sony golds all the way. I have the above and the golds, and although the golds look stupid they are way better. Simple USB dongle and they work wirelessly. Not oly that they work perfect on PC and probably the xbone, although I have not tried it. But since its a windows platform I don't see why they wouldn't. The turtle beech need a transmitter and still need the plug from headphones to controller.

The golds are simply plug and play wireless, hold a charge for hours of playing, I think I went once for about 7-8 hours on a full charge plus are $50 cheaper.

Fadaar

That guy
Turtle Beach headsets are more comfortable over long periods of time, but I really do like the Sony Gold headset. Really nothing better for the price that I've used.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for all the replies about headsets. Do the Sony Gold's completely cut off outside noise? I kind of need to be able to hear if my daughter is crying, to keep wife faction high.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
They're on sale $75 free shipping.

I'm about to hit 20, didn't realize there was an expansion and it costs $$.. plus another one coming out this month. Is Dark Below basically still going to be required after HoW? Should I just get the expansion pass for $35 or just wait for HoW and get that.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
While we are in a content drought, I don't mind the delay if they fix the core problems that infested Dark Below. I really hope that the delay was done so they can clean things up and make the game better overall. Besides, Bloodborne comes out later this month and Dark Souls 2 remastered in early April. I can wait on some content.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Thanks for all the replies about headsets. Do the Sony Gold's completely cut off outside noise? I kind of need to be able to hear if my daughter is crying, to keep wife faction high.
Siberia V2 just got replaced by the V3. If you can still find one it's an amazing headset for $50. One of the most comfortable and high quality sets I've had (not an audiophile) and the mic boom retracts into the can so I haven't managed to break my mic yet which is amazing. My girl got it for my birthday and it came with aux output but I'm pretty sure there's a USB version. Getting an aux to USB connector might work though.

It cancels noise very well but I can still hear stuff if I'm playing at a low volume which I tend to do.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
So got this game for free a week ago and played through the story with a warlock. Now I am making the slow climb past 20 via leveling blues and a purple sniper rifle I snagged from Engram. First purple engram gave me a class warband...shit luck as always. Anyways at this point do I just grind out every week for rep and marks via strikes and pvp? Are there actually "guilds" in this game or a LFG function? I know noob questions but I am surprisingly enjoying this game.