Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, you are in grind country now. Clans serve no purpose beyond clan-only trophies and they can only be created and joined through the website (great planning, Bungie). There also aren't any LFG tools for nightfalls or raids, so you'll have to use something like reddit.com/r/fireteams to find people.

Vault of Glass is a good raid, but the armor will be useless once you get purple stuff from your Vanguard trainer. The weapons however retain their usefulness.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So as someone about to start playing this, is there a class thats underrepresented but needed? I watched some gameplay video's for all classes, and they all look fun, so no real preference. Thoughts?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Everyone is more or less interchangeable.

Your play style will more likely be based on what types of guns you like.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would roll either warlock or titan. Hunters have improved this DLC, but still not really worth playing

But really the differences are minor. Warlocks have the self Rez which is useful, and Titans have their bubbles which are nice. Hunters get invis but it is only situationally useful

spronk

FPS noob
ive been using the postmaster to store all my upgrade packages in case they convert to HoW dlc items when it launches, but i think i'm gonna run out of room lol

iNsRNXc.jpg

all just from running nightfall/30 weekly on a single character, i don't do anything else in destiny anymore

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I had saved a few vanguard packages before TDB. Did not receive Vanguard Commendations from the saved packages when I turned them in after release.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
ive been using the postmaster to store all my upgrade packages in case they convert to HoW dlc items when it launches, but i think i'm gonna run out of room lol

iNsRNXc.jpg

all just from running nightfall/30 weekly on a single character, i don't do anything else in destiny anymore
And soon they will just start disappearing from the postmaster. Not only will they not give new content items, but the items in the package are already known to the game. It's best to just open them now and not lose the package entirely.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks like the tiny patch the other day was Bungie making Xur's information unobtainable through packet sniffing.

I tried to data-mine today and bungie has implemented a lot of changes. Instead of Xur having one single constant IP on one port, he now has multiple. If you join a tower instance and you're the only one there, Xur will have 16 different IP address. If you join and its 8 other people, Xur will have 9 different ones. Only one of the possible IP's you connect to will share the packet information you need. The others will include self-input data like controller movement, date & time, and other player constants.

To combat this I used zone alarm on each IP separately until I isolated the one that sends the packets for weapons. This took considerably longer than I thought because each unique IP only sends packets for a 45 second window and then they stop for 100ms, and then restart. This made it hard to decipher the hex code and decide if there were any patterns.

Finally, once I managed to isolate the IP, find the pattern, and looped it. Every 22 packets started with the same 8b Hex. Bungie had literally broadcasted every thing as a No Land Beyond. This is what I found(obviously a troll), but yeah:

No Land Beyond 999 Attack Kinectic Damage

No Land Beyond 488 Defense Warlock Chest Piece

No Land Beyond 366 Defense Hunter Gauntlets

No Land Beyond 447 Defense Titan Helmet

TL;DR:

Bungie has employed 8 servers from their network, and 8 from Activision. They've employed a fail safe on 15/16. They constantly shuffle ports and IP's that lead to nothing. The one IP that does lead to anything has the name No Land Beyond for every weapon, armor, and upgrade.

Column_sl

shitlord
All that effort just to block some xur forecasting, who gives a shit lol.

Couldn't they use their resources to do something else. Someone must took that on as a pet project imo

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Btw surprised there's no mention of it but more vault space coming in 1.1.2
Unfortunately none of the features they listed (including more vault space) were confirmed yet to be in 1.1.2

They were just acknowledging they were aware if it and are exploring their options. Which makes me feel great because they have been aware of it being an issue since about a month after launch.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Xur:
Red Death, Skullfort, Warlock melee gloves, and the hunter radar helm. Also more heavy ammo synth. I spent 80 coins :0
All in all a great selection this time (for me anyway).