Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You also need one shader, one emblem, and one class item equipped from each faction while doing the quest. All my characters are super old so got the quests right off the bat.
So we need to get level 25 in each of those factions, or just one?

spronk

FPS noob
So checking last night after patch, my warlock is 31, and my titan and hunter are both 30. so I should level them up to 34? Is this the cap right now? Also my light is like 164 or some shit, is this good? Help me out bros, its been a while.

Edit: Also If I redo the planet missions, should I be doing them Hard mode? What are all you guys doing?
yes, level em all to 34. i don't think you can select hard mode in planet missions right now (locked until TTK) but if you can do it, the extra XP is nice you just have to take it slower not that much harder, don't go more than 1 or 2 levels above your level though. you can also just run POE 28 (matchmaking) to level, someone said they got 80% of a level in one 30 minute run so just doing that 4-6 times can get it done

light level doesn't really matter much now, its like an MMO where as you level you will just constantly be replacing gear. once you hit 40 thats when you will have to focus in on maxxing light level to be raid ready

a faction quest unlocks at level 25 and I think another at level 40, so those are the levels you need to be to do one. they are all independent so you don't need to have all 3 at 25 or anything, just one. Unfortunately leveling a faction now is a TON slower than last week, since you only get like 25% of the rep you get towards vanguard/crucible.

Column_sl

shitlord
So we need to get level 25 in each of those factions, or just one?
Whatever faction you want to get the item from. They are all the same stats wise (29 to all stats), only difference is the exotic gives a buff to whatever faction you got the exotic from, and they give a different effect to your ghost upon death.

For instance if you did the Dead Orbit one, you would get a buff to faction gains to Dead Orbit, and a Dead orbit effect to your ghost.

Biggest perk with getting that exotic is raising your light level super quick. It would allow you to have one 280 year one exotic armor piece that you ascend, and one 290 class item armor piece. With another 280 year 1 exotic weapon also ascended.

For instance this is the Dead Orbit Warlock one

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Det...ht%20Beyond%22

Column_sl

shitlord
Unfortunately leveling a faction now is a TON slower than last week, since you only get like 25% of the rep you get towards vanguard/crucible.
Just a tip, 20 coins to Xur for 100 heavy ammo = one level on any faction

spronk

FPS noob
new gunsmith bounties open up at 10am according to bungie

i hope xur still sells heavy ammo, i have like 700 coins so could grind out that rep this friday

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One more question, what about exotic weapons and armor? How do I upgrade them? Do I wait until Tuesday to upgrade, or does HoW have an upgrade path first?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Any titan bros have a recommendation on a strike to do the fist of havoc 7 orbs 3 times? I was thinking Omnigul since the beginning part has a ton of hive, and then the second part has those fallen majors and stuff falling down from the ships

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
NolaBot is growing on me tbh... just don't hate him the way some do, that said, I liked DinkleBot better. I get that they were going for a robotic quality to the voice, but the new guy is devoid of any emotion. IMHO it wasn't the actors, but Bungies direction for a monotone delivery that was flawed.

Quick question I bought the Legendary Digital package a few weeks ago, just did the game yesterday, saw I didn't get my emblem, so deleted my disc copy of Destiny, downloaded the entire game from the digital download in my library and still no emblem etc... what gives? Did I fuck it up somehow cuz I really don't wanna download this shit again...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whatever faction you want to get the item from. They are all the same stats wise (29 to all stats), only difference is the exotic gives a buff to whatever faction you got the exotic from, and they give a different effect to your ghost upon death.

For instance if you did the Dead Orbit one, you would get a buff to faction gains to Dead Orbit, and a Dead orbit effect to your ghost.

Biggest perk with getting that exotic is raising your light level super quick. It would allow you to have one 280 year one exotic armor piece that you ascend, and one 290 class item armor piece. With another 280 year 1 exotic weapon also ascended.

For instance this is the Dead Orbit Warlock one

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Det...ht%20Beyond%22
As someone who doesn't care for PvP at all, this item rustles my jimmies. I was hoping that the exotic class item you got with the CE would allow you to also wear a piece of exotic armor...but nope.

Also, Test weapons are available at Banshee now. Five types, 3 require PvE tests, 2 require PvP.

spronk

FPS noob
the gunsmith arms thing don't require bounty slots, they are just weapons you complete by killing stuff. the pve ones are trivial, just do anything and kill stuff. the pvp ones require 10 kills each, you have to get the kill the assist doesn't count. if you are worried about rep edging you can just play a control or rift game for a while and then leave the game when its close to win/lose.

its making pvp hilariously bad right now as everyone is just trying to get the bounties done and ignoring objectives and stuff. I found it easier to noscope close quarter kill people with the sniper rifle, it still took like 5 games for me to get 10 kills
frown.png
You need to do all 5 bounties to get to rank 1, they are each giving 312 rep. they are probably weeklies so no real rush

Undying MInd is a good strike to do all the class quest 7-orb quests, you can also do nightfall solo but you gotta play it really, really safe and careful since death sends you still to orbit

spronk

FPS noob
fuck the faggot bungie quest designer who decided it would be cool to have a subclass quest make you generate 7 orbs with your super in a single strike, 3 times. everything dies so fast you never get a chance. best thing to do is run sepiks prime, drive all the way back to earth patrol start, and kill the 3 elites there over and over. fucking over everyone else in the strike of course.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Reading through the new quest text I wonder if the storyline of Destiny is ever going to make any damn sense. The original premise seemed like such a tight narrative and yet was tossed in favor of... I dont even know what. What the hell is "the darkness" if it isn't the traveller? The "Taken King" doesnt seem to be so awe inspiring that he could lay waste to an entire civilizatio.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So got on my dude last night and within 1 hour I was lv 34 and 164 light. All I did was do all of yesterdays PvE bounties.