Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You mean future war cult? Well you have to pledge allegiance to that faction dude, and then some of your rep will go towards FWC. But I would not buy any of that shit because, again, its pretty useless if you can get blue and purple drops from just playing the game that are better.

As far as infusing if you open up the weapon/armor perks (purple or better) there is an icon on the left with yellow on it, so if you have the marks and the mats you can infuse a higher attack/def item to it to raise its atk/def. You can use purples as well as blues for the infusion. So lets say you got a nice purple gun that you really like but its only 220 attack, then you find a blue one with 250 attack later, you can infuse the blue 250 gun to make yours about 240ish.
Ok awesome. Should I just not be with any rep right now? Or do I need to pick one? Right now I have Monarch something. (Didn't pay much attention to it)

spronk

FPS noob
Ok awesome. Should I just not be with any rep right now? Or do I need to pick one? Right now I have Monarch something. (Didn't pay much attention to it)
pick one faction, it costs 2500 glimmer the first time and after that its free but you can only change once a week. pick your highest level one, since when you are level 20 with a faction you get a quest for a decent class item. since you get 50% of any rep you earn towards that faction as a bonus, there is no reason not to pick a faction as the first thing you do when you login.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
pick one faction, it costs 2500 glimmer the first time and after that its free but you can only change once a week. pick your highest level one, since when you are level 20 with a faction you get a quest for a decent class item. since you get 50% of any rep you earn towards that faction as a bonus, there is no reason not to pick a faction as the first thing you do when you login.
Ok I'll have to check. If I chose a faction, does all rep go to that faction and none to vanguard?

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
It's rep to faction and also rep to vanguard. Like mentioned above, you get 100% to Vanguard, and as an added bonus for pledging allegiance, you get 1/2 of that amount to your pledged faction. So there is no downside. Seems like you should always have a faction picked so you don't waste any free rep.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
This has been a pretty fun dlc/expansion so far, there is a lot more content (quests) that open up after you have your little fight with Oryx, including a long series of quests that end with getting an exotic scout rifle from Petra (Boolean Gemini), but make sure your faction with Queen / Variks is 2+.
I skipped the last expansion, so my Queen faction is low. Can you explain why I need it, or is it too spoiler-y?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I skipped the last expansion, so my Queen faction is low. Can you explain why I need it, or is it too spoiler-y?
I did the quest chain last night and two of us 2+ ranks with Queen/Variks got the weapon, but the guy with rank 1 Variks didn't get the weapon. There were a number of people in various forums saying they never got the quest or the weapon, and they low ranks with them, so having 2+ might be the break point.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have it now you need rank 3 queen and rank 2 Varik for the Exotic rifle - have to wait till wednesday for my exotic sword tho
frown.png

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So i launched into the game and bought the 40 dollar pack. It charged me, i got confirmation and then it went to a black "manage the taken king" screen. Nothing happened. I hard booted. No change. I then tried to kick start it by buying the 20 dollar collectors pack. Same thing. They dont install and dont show in manage games for destiny. I have confirmation on both purchases. Any ideas? I found others withe the sam eprobkem but no fix.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So i launched into the game and bought the 40 dollar pack. It charged me, i got confirmation and then it went to a black "manage the taken king" screen. Nothing happened. I hard booted. No change. I then tried to kick start it by buying the 20 dollar collectors pack. Same thing. They dont install and dont show in manage games for destiny. I have confirmation on both purchases. Any ideas? I found others withe the sam eprobkem but no fix.
Try going into the PS4 settings and under PSN account management do restore licenses.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'll have to go back and do the old expansion content so this shit makes some sense. All I know is the crazy chaos demon has a space hulk full of genestealers and the blue bitch died.

spronk

FPS noob
court of oryx reminds me a lot of Rift... rifts. Had a lot of fun tonight, spent about 2 hours just chain killing summoned monsters (tier 1 & 2) with about 5-7 people drifting in and out. We tried the tier 3 once but it wiped everyone ludicrously fast, that video of the dude solo'ing it is amazing. Anyways if you are bored I'd say go check out the court, its the big floating courtyard with green goop flowing on it but a passage on top lets people summon random monsters, at higher tiers they come 2x or 3x or more together. You get a lot of engrams too, in about 2 hours I got around 20 engrams.

you can solo tier 1 easy but beyond that you'll want some other people. the summoner gets runes filled for higher summons, everyone gets engrams, sometimes the summoner gets other rewards but i only got meh items that were 270-280 light level.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dat heavy weapon troll on Xur.

The exotics he' selling are 280 but the engrams were generating 290's for me, so I'd say don't bother buying the exotic armor pieces, just shoot for the engram, assuming you're like 260+ light.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buy those "3 of Coin" items, 5pack for 7 coins. I bought 10, used 5 killing Sardok in Shrines of Oryx (normal), 1 exotic helm engram so far.

Bought the warlock Gauntlet, a few helm engrams (got the Stag) then went and did my bounties. Got a legendary glove engram...and of course it turns into the same gauntlet Xur is selling...but at 290. Win? haha

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

All over reddit. Scourge of winter mission. Kill everything till the last room. Pop a coin, snipe him till a sliver, then rocket him and yourself to death. Rinse and repeat until patched.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All over reddit. Scourge of winter mission. Kill everything till the last room. Pop a coin, snipe him till a sliver, then rocket him and yourself to death. Rinse and repeat until patched.
Yea, Sardok seems easier all around, but takes longer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 10 "3 of Coins" I used ended up giving me 2 exotic engrams, Knucklehead Radar and Hereafter.